BAGGY TROUSERS

Texty_F

Gold Member
My hubby has been ever so kind to me all night, reason being - im still wearing the same trousers I was wearing before I lost my 19lbs as im loathe to spend on new ones until I lose a bit more, as if I do then these will be too big and ill need to spend again. So .... all night when ive moved about he has called me saggy pants lol. Aren't partners lovely .

Is anyone else who is still losing , loathe to buy new until they have lost more?? Or should I bite the bullet and spend a little so that my clothes actually fit lol

I've spent the last 5 years overweight and kept putting off buying clothes cos I'm ' going to lose weight'!! I haven't actually done this and buy clothes to put me on. This has made me feel worse!!! I say def treat yourself to something new. I like a lot of Asda or tesco's clothes and always get compliments on them. Don't go mad just buy some new jeans and a couple of tops. Then you can always Wang them on eBay. You deserve it, you have done so well. Generally too bigger clothes make you look bigger!! Treat yourself, go for it!!!! X

On my way down from size 22 to 12/14 as I work full time I had no option but to have a few items that fitted in my wardrobe - Ebay was a godsend for trousers/jeans also the charity shops especially Oxfam as they sell almost new M&S clothes usually in great condition and its quite good fun to try things that you would never have worn in the past without spending a great deal. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Definitely treat yourself! There's nothing better than buying clothes in that next size down! And a trip to Primark or Asda means a treat doesn't have to cost a fortune.

My hubby has been ever so kind to me all night, reason being - im still wearing the same trousers I was wearing before I lost my 19lbs as im loathe to spend on new ones until I lose a bit more, as if I do then these will be too big and ill need to spend again. So .... all night when ive moved about he has called me saggy pants lol. Aren't partners lovely .

Is anyone else who is still losing , loathe to buy new until they have lost more?? Or should I bite the bullet and spend a little so that my clothes actually fit lol

Haha I am exactly the same as you. I used to wear maternity pants because i hated buttons and like and elastic waste but i was still wearing them until about 4 weeks ago and i'd lost 2st 7lb. But i didnt want to waste money either. In the end my mum got that sick of seeing me in these massive saggy pants she bought me some new ones!

I still have the saggy pants i just cant get ride yet.

I have bought a few dresses that fit me but are a little bit tight as i plan to be smaller soon so dont want to just wear them for a few weeks.

I did make the mistake of buying smaller shorts in the summer sale for my holiday then didnt fit into them. I bought 9 pairs to be exact, but i did get them all half price or less but then had to buy a whole new holiday wardrobe as they didnt fit. Hopefully i should be in them by next summer! x

hello

I have lost (no intending on finding again) 7 stone since January and couldn't afford to keep spending on clothes so have been going to Oxfam charity shops and have found some right bargains, Next tailored trousers for work for 99p each, Wallis and Warehouse tops and T-shirts for 99p, plus when they are too big I donate them back to the charity shop and go shopping again

Congratulations on the weight loss and go and treat yourself!

I have lost nearly 2 stone and seem to have lost weigh on my bum but not enough on waist. So I am still the same size but just with a saggy bum!! Will just have to put up with it for now! :)

I was actually considering going into a charity shop and buying a pair of trousers in the 2 next sizes down, just as incentive and so I can see when I fit in to them!

I tried going clothes shopping last month and just managed to find on pair of jeans and a top that fitted and suited me as my tummy is a lot bigger than the rest of so what fitted the tummy was loose elsewhere. Just waiting for my tummy to deflate a bit more before i venture out for anymore clothes x

Hiya, I was also very loathe to spend out until I'd lost a bit more weight but it got to the ridiculous stage, I couldn't carry a bag of shopping in each hand or walk up a flight of stairs without my jeans heading southward! I was sort of ignoring it until I went on a day out with my sister who pointed out that having to hitch up my trousers every 2 seconds was not a good look so I bit the bullet and bought a new pair a size smaller. They do look so much better and it's great to be able to walk around without the fear of flashing my knickers lol.

Unfortunately, I've yet to see any trousers in my size in any charity shops but I'm sure as I get smaller (and I will!) it'll get easier :)

I had a major meltdown last week over this very subject. I've lost 2stone 4lb but still have 6stone to go so I definitely don't want to buy clothes until I absolutely have to!
Last Friday I was meant to be going on a night out- the first one since joining slimming world. I tried on all my going out clothes-most of which were slightly too tight last time I wore them- and every single dress was ridiculously big! I looked like I was trying to conceal a pregnant bump! Now I know I should be thrilled about the fact I've dropped a dress size and then some but instead I cried my eyes out about how I've let myself get this big and leave myself with such a mammoth task.
I'm never happy lol!
Xx

Well - it doesn't take much to bend my arm lol so I'm going to shops tomorrow to buy some new clothes that actually fit. Even my bras are sagging lol I've gone down a size there too. The funny thing is I still see myself as the same when I look in a mirror. Your replies have cheered me up no end thanks peeps

jezzi999 said:
Supermarket own brand black work trousers are about £6, so always worth a look there for basics.

And never ever skimp by not getting the next bra when you need one - I know they're far from cheap, but if your bra is too big they don't get enough support and it'll speed up any sagging and create extra stretch marks! Eeak!

I ve bought myself a new bra this week and it's made such a difference!!! X

Well fingers crossed Im lucky in that respect jezzi and don't have any stretch marks on my boobs lol, other places yes, but hey ho. Im at work tomorrow so will pop to Asda yahooo

I have 1 pair of work trousers that fit,a pair that I bought new a few months ago that are big but just hold up and then 2 pairs that I have to safety pin together...I really need new trousers-especially since I've been promoted ;)

Well - I went and bought 2 new pairs of work trousers yesterday a size smaller. A snug fit on me bum(a little tight) but at least they dont make me look like co co the clown. Just hoping when i sit down they dont split haha

Not only do I loath to spend the money but I'm not the best clothes shopper in the world. I always dress to hide my figure - cannot wait to one day be able to buy clothes to show off my figure!!

I have made a couple of purchases. Deciding that leggings & long jumpers will be ok as I shrink through the winter! The only thing I know I will have to keep buying is work trousers! But Asda's black smart trousers are only £6 or sainsbury's are £12 reckon that's not much more than a bottle of 'mid-week' wine that I no longer buy!!

One issue I will have to get around is my singing competition top. I sing in a barbershop chorus & we compete in an international competition every May. Last year we paid out to have costumes made. All made-to-measure. I had to wear it last night for a show & it swamped me!! Like a tent & I've only lost 18lbs so far! I have shed loads more to lose so by next May it should look like a marque not just a tent!! (Really looking forward to getting it made smaller!!!)

So I say buy a couple of cheap bits to tide you over! And enjoy wearing a smaller size!!!

CJxxx

I bought 2 pair of black ones from Asda £12 will do me for now as i wear leggings too, the only problem is ive worn them that long and stretched them theyre falling down too lol. I get paid next week so ill invest in some more, I can get em 2 pair for £8. Im like you i wear leggings and baggy tops, but I dont wanna wear em forever

Well if we do stick to the leggings/jumper combo during the winter by the time the spring comes we can do 'the big reveal' like a shiny new (slim) butterfly! :)

Back