Bakery help

PrincessPink-x

My birthday is comming up and I will have to take cream cakes to work. I just wondered if anyone knew of anything in a bakery that I could treat myself to without going ott on syns. I know the obvious would be to have nothing but just seems a bit sad to buy everyone else cakes and not have any myself

I would be tempted to buy a selection of shop bought cakes instead (the exceedingly good ones :D) and include some 'weighwatcher' cakes. There are usually a couple of people at work who appreciate having the low fat option.

I quite often see comments here along the lines of "people brought cakes into work today and I wish they wouldn't because it is an awful temptation". Maybe there are people at your place of work who might feel that way?

Does it have to be cake? Just because everyone has always done it, doesn't mean you have to.

Could you go in with a lovely big platter of fruit instead? People might be pleased! You could always ask. If they beat you about the head and shout "we demand cream cakes", then ignore me!!! ;)

My birthday is comming up and I will have to take cream cakes to work. I just wondered if anyone knew of anything in a bakery that I could treat myself to without going ott on syns. I know the obvious would be to have nothing but just seems a bit sad to buy everyone else cakes and not have any myself

Find it strange that you say you 'have to take cream cakes in' surely if its your birthday, someone else should buy them lol! if not and its some kind of office tradition, but you wouldn't eat them, you should just do something like Anna suggested and take fruit-something you'd eat!

I remember a while ago that a friend of mine worked in an office where people brought back from holiday presents for everyone. She just couldn't afford it, and also didn't see why she should waste good holiday time going shopping. So instead she told them in advance that she was very sorry, she couldn't manage to go along with this tradition, but that she hoped people would understand.

Understand?? Everyone was delighted! They all felt the same way she did, but hadn't liked to say.

It could be the same in your office - do people really want to do this, or is it just a tradition that no-one wants to be the first to break?

Back