Bars

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Does anyone find the more bars they have the less weight they lose? I have had a bar two night running and have a sudden craving, but last time I could only eat about two a week. Don't know if that was just a fluke or if they actually stopped me from losing. What does anyone think?

I got a little worried about this too and I was also eating it at night time. I decided to apply my own logical approach to it....

The bars had more cals and carb / night time is the least active time of day for me

= a bad time to eat the bar and I have less time to 'work' it off

therefore

I now eat the bar at lunch time which gives me enough time to work off the bar rather than sleep on it.

However, given the VERY low cals on this plan I don't think it will make much difference... just puts my mind at rest.

I think they have slowed my weight loss but I think they are great for a bit of variety :)

Righto, that's it. I'm going to hide them in the boot of my car so I can't get to them. No more for this week and back to the old routine of 2 bars and week and 2 mousse's a week. But .................. I love them :(

I had bars last week and a rubbish WI tonight so I think they make a difference to me as I`m carb sensitive as theoretically they`ve not got too many carbs/cals compared to the shakes.

I`m not having any this coming week and I MIGHT get 1 or 2 the following week just to see if they make a diff as it`s TOTM for me so that might also explain my rubbish loss.

Not really much help am I? :rolleyes: Sorry! x

Of course you are :) I know you had a few bars last week so was interested to see what you lost. What did you lose? Yeah, last time they slowed me down too but you actually never know if it's just fluke or they actually are slowing it down. I will cut down definately. I get weighed on a Tuesday night, so Tuesday is my 'cheat' night - I have a bar and a mousse (greedy aren't I lol). I'll be 100% for the rest of the week to see how it goes, but my CDC is on holiday so I won't get weighed next week anyway.

My weigh in is on a thursday, i always buy 2 bars as this is all i allow myself to have and then i make sure i eat them on the fri/sat/sun so that i have the rest of the week as just shakes, makes the weekends seem better too :) x

Yes, I get weighed on a Tuesday so I am going to allow myself one on a Tuesday after weigh in and the other on a Saturday. Give me time to just have shakes too til next weigh-in. Thanks everyone.

I have never noticed that they have slowed my weight loss down, but now you mention it i wonder if this will happen to me. I like the bars of a night time while a watch TV as this is the time i pick eat at rubbish. You all doing so well can i just say <3 xxxx

I have a bar almost every day from day 15 onwards and have never seen any change in weight loss. We're all different though!

P.S Gotta remember we are still living on a miniscule amount of calories, bars or no bars

Think it can depend how carb sensitive your body is:sigh:
I am not good with bars either...I only use them if I have a long day at work as can not make the other products at work.
I use mix a mousse as my treat in the evening:)

I loooovvvveeee mix a mousse. I would rather have a mousse than a bar, but after 3 attempts at CD have suddenly developed a craving for bars. I think my body is carb sensitive becasue I can only have a certain amount of mousse per week too. Too much and no loss. It's crazy, it has been said we are living on a minimum amount of cals yet can still be affected by a bar or a mousse????

If I could have 3 mousses a day I would find absolutely no problem with this diet. I could literally live on it - just like strawberry angel delight mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, mix a mousse is LUSH!!! I can have it next week...my favourite is vanilla.
Yes, agree with you Mia, would have three a day if allowed.
You doing well...over a stone in a month x

Thank you :). I'm quite a slow loser so no doubt my losses will slow down considerably now. I have never been the stone per month loser you regularly see on here. I have only tried strawberry and chocolate mousse. Didn't like the chocolate so now won't try anything else in case I don't like it and I don't enjoy my precious mousse hahahaha.

Thank you :). I'm quite a slow loser so no doubt my losses will slow down considerably now. I have never been the stone per month loser you regularly see on here. I have only tried strawberry and chocolate mousse. Didn't like the chocolate so now won't try anything else in case I don't like it and I don't enjoy my precious mousse hahahaha.

Sounds a daft question but how do you make your moussee?

You add a scoop of mix a mousse to you shake, then you need very cold water, I use 200ml and then blend for over a minute, then I put it in the fridge to set.
It works for me x

Yes, I add one scoop of mix a mousse to a packet of shake and mix together really well. Then I add 175ml of cold water and blitz the life out of it with the blender. Depends on how thick you like it but I would definately not use over 200ml of water. God, I want one now :) but I am drinking a horrible toffee and walnut shake.

i dont do well with carbs ( i have pcos, am insulin resistant and have a metobolic disorder ) and too many bars do affect me, i can manage 1 a week but currently i dont have the bars at all and have even stopped having my beloved nightly mousse

Back