BBQ ideas

Joanne W

We might have a BBQ this weekend (depending on weather of course) I usually do low fat sausages and burgers with syn free jerk chicken drumsticks. Any one got any other tasty ideas?.

I have deciding It will be an EE day so will also do batchelors beef rice and new pots as well. I think I might do a large fruit salad for everyone as desert. I will be feeding 6 adults and 4 kids.

Tandoori all the way!

Chicken thighs or breast, deskinned, put slits in them and marinade in tandoori spices mixed with fromage frais or fat free natural yogurt. Marinade overnight.

Get those ostrich steaks from Aldi!

And get some cajun spice seasoning from the supermarket and make SW chips in large wedges, sprinkle liberally, squirt with frylight and whack in oven, woooo!!

Also make burgers with turkey mince, yum yum yum!

Homemade chicken kebabs!
I made some the other day, just used diced chicken (diced it myself lol) onion, cherry tomatoes and peppers, I did marinade the chicken in Nando's peri peri sauce but it's only 1/2 syn per tbsp!

With my new potatoes, I always put them in a bowl, with a touch of marge/butter, bracked black pepper and a bit of salt, coer it and shake it up.......yummy!

Also, BBQ beans! just put some BBQ sauce in baked beans and away you go.

King prawn skewers - i had these with some chilli and lime marinade and they were gorgeous!!!

We also did some bbq sardines - fresh ones just wrapped in tin foil with some fresh herbs.. Ummm

K xx

salmon is good on the BBQ, we'll be having one too if the weather keeps fine

Back