Be completely honest with me please also some questions on weight loss....

Big-Pudding

Dreaming of being slim!
Sorry!!!! Me again!!!!:p

Not an essay this time round, I promise:)

Anyway-I want you to all tell me wht the hardest period is? First few days? Weeks? Months? What times of day?
What shall I do when it gets tough?(apart from drinking pint of water).
What do the soups and shkes really taste like? I have ordered chicken and mushroom and brocolli and cheese and then readymade chocolate shakes and mint choc, normal choc, butterscotch, strawberry and banana.

Also, I was 17 stone 7lb(and growing as I am cramming in as much of my fave foods as possible lol Keeping off the carbs a bit though).
What can I realistically plan to lose in my first 6 months? What about the first month?

Can I have some examples of what you lost in the first 10 weeks-week by week if I can be nosey!!!

Just to try and get my head into the right perspective.

Thank you everyone!! Think I will like it here:)

Oh how do I get a sig on too and a ticker? Cant find where I attach too!

Hi
I found the first week physically difficult but emotionally easy as I was so desperate and determined. After the first week, I found the whole thing a breeze.

I lost the average of 'a stone a month' going from 18st 13lb on March 24th to 12st 7lb on Dec 4th.

Unfortunately, I regained weight after taking a break for Christmas and am now continuing my journey on the CD 1000 plan. This is because I found it almost impossible to restart SSing - I'd last three days then cave in. It was far, far more difficult that the first time around.

In this respect, I have found restarting after a break the most difficult part of this diet ... so if I have any advice for you it's NOT to take a break whilst you're in the swing of SSIng no matter how much you think you'll be able to slip back into it. Maybe you would ... but it's a gamble and one I wouldn't take.

I was 13st 10lb at my weigh in last week so I have almost another 4st to go: I wish I hadn't messed about and I'd be at goal by now. :(

Okay - three hardest parts .... for different reasons!!

First: The first week, as your body is just getting used to the new regime and it is an absolute nightmare and the chatter-boxes are bending your ear non-stop. Once you are past this, easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy ..... until ....

Second: Getting back on the wagon if you listen to the devil chatterbox and break SS. If you think it is tough when you first start, try getting back on again. It is unbelievably hard. This is the main reason that I always tell folks not to buckle and stick to the diet and tough through the tempting times. Eat something and get away with it, you are opening a can of worms. The temptations get stronger, and the urge to "eat again and get away with it again" get stronger and stronger, and eventually you will not get away with it. Easier to resist all the way through believe me.

And finally ....

Third: When you get towards the end and only have a few pounds to shift, it gets harder and harder because you know you are getting close to eating again, so you start to plan what you are going to do and what you are going to eat, and the temptations get strong again......

Generally, though, stick to the diet and it is quite easy .... your willpower finds new heights and strengths that you never knew existed - mine did.

Steve.

I want you to all tell me wht the hardest period is? First few days? Weeks? Months? What times of day? I find evenings the toughest (or more importantly evenings when my OH is here as we would normally veg out in front of the telly with a takeout and other goodies) You will probably find the first 3 - 5 days difficult but in general I think most people find weekends hard.
Try to occupy yourself in whatever way you can think of that doesn't involve eating, read a book, write a diary, browse the net, take a bath, do some housework, phone a friend etc etc and of course drink some water!

What do the soups and shkes really taste like? I have ordered chicken and mushroom and brocolli and cheese and then readymade chocolate shakes and mint choc, normal choc, butterscotch, strawberry and banana.I haven't tasted the cheese and broccolli and hated the tomato and chilli soups and surprisingly I seem to be one of the few people who dislike the tetras (they are too vitaminy (is that even a word? lol) but I seem to get along fine with all the others I love chocmint made into a mousse using peppermint tea to make it even more minty - delish!!!

What can I realistically plan to lose in my first 6 months? What about the first month? You will definitely lose a stone a month over the course of the 6 months but most peole lose more than the promised stone in their first month, it depends on how much you initially have to lose I suppose, but I would think in 6 months you could lose 7 stones with no problems at all!

Can I have some examples of what you lost in the first 10 weeks-week by week if I can be nosey!!!

Just to try and get my head into the right perspective. week1 = I don't know because I couldn't get weighed grrr and only started recording my weight after losing the initial first few stones but I think it was around 6 or 7 lbs per week to start with slowing down to around 4 or 5 lbs and sometimes 3lbs but over the course of the diet I have averaged out at just over a stone each month (plus I had a few months of messing about) so all is good.
Oh how do I get a sig on too and a ticker? Click on someones ticker to take you to the page where you can create your own then put the relevant link in to the space provided in your profile bit xx

This diet will change your life and just think by this summer you could be at your goal weight!!! How fab will that be? Good luck on your weightloss journey and keep posting xx

I want you to all tell me wht the hardest period is? First few days? Weeks? Months? First few days for me without doubt.
What times of day? Late afternoon/Early evening
What shall I do when it gets tough?(apart from drinking pint of water). Have a bath, brush your teeth, come on here, do your nails, contact friends, go for a walk ....
What do the soups and shkes really taste like? I have ordered chicken and mushroom and brocolli and cheese and then readymade chocolate shakes and mint choc, normal choc, butterscotch, strawberry and banana.Soups I like tomato, oriental chilli, broccoli and cheese, shakes cappuccino, banana, choc mint, .... but they're all ok - just you get favourites which will probably change anyway!

Also, I was 17 stone 7lb(and growing as I am cramming in as much of my fave foods as possible lol Keeping off the carbs a bit though).
What can I realistically plan to lose in my first 6 months? A stone a month easily - so 6 stone minimum. What about the first month? My first week I've lost 8lb!!

Hope that helps!

Wow wow wow:eek:

Thank you all so so so much!!!

Steve, I am going to copy your statements into my diet diary-I hope thats ok. I felt quite emotional reading it, just by how much I can achieve by not cheating.
I am so determined by it, more than ever before and I have my happiness riding on all of this!

Keep the answers coming and yum at peppermint chocolate mousse!!!!

My favourite soups are Chicken and Mushroom and Vegetable. My favourite shakes are vanilla.

What I tend to do is make some crisps using the Oriental Chilli soup in the day and then for tea I have one of my soups and then warm up a vanilla shake for pudding as it tastes like custard.

I am on day 11 now and to be totally honest didn't have any problems with my first week and still haven't to this day. I didn't have any carbs on the 3 days before starting CD which I think has definitely helped the easy transition into CD that i've had.

I'm finding that instead of missing food, i'm missing cooking food so I have made a couple of meals over the last few days for my family.

I have lost 13 pounds in 1 week. This diet is the best, you really should try it! Good luck x

BP - I find the crucial piece is to keep a diary and record in it when and why you are tempted to eat. Where you are, what you are doing, who you are with, what you are doing ..... as you find patterns, which there always are, you will be able to work out ways to either deal with or avoid the scenarios .....

Steve.

Thanks again everyone.

I didnt order any vanilla but if they taste like custard then maybe I should have a bash!:)

Hi BP
Just read through all your posts. Been handy for me too. On day 3 and feeling a bit rubbish!!
Stuck at home with a gurggly stomach and looking for some added motivation. Always seem to find it here.
Feeling better already and NOT going to eat.
Definitely true what Russion Doll said. I have re-started after doing the same thing over Christmas BIG MISTAKE!!!! Getting into ketosis MUCH tougher this time.

Anyway-I want you to all tell me wht the hardest period is? First few days? Weeks? Months?

First few days are hard whilst you get into ketosis, then once the novelty wears off of having a liquid diet and you start to really miss food (for me it was round about the end of the third month into the fourth month) because I was nearing goal and I knew I looked ok and you start losing that desparate need to lose the weight.

What times of day?
For me it is the evening and weekend.

Water is the best, but go for a walk, take a long bath, ring a friend, play scrabble, knit, sew, have an argument with your other half, exercise, clear out your wardrobe, keep a photo diary and look at how far you have come, anything really to distract you.

What do the soups and shkes really taste like?
In all honesty they certainly aren't gormet food but they are ok, they taste a bit powdery to start but then after a few days your taste buds adjust and they taste better. My advice is at the beginning try one of each flavour if you can - those that you think will be your favourites may not be as nice as you think and likewise those that you don't think you will like, may surprise you.

Don't think of them as food, think of them as medicine that you need to take whilst you get better.

For me, separating them from real food helped as their taste no longer held any significance.

What can I realistically plan to lose in my first 6 months? What about the first month?
One stone a month so in six months six stone, anything else see as a bonus.

I can't remember but it was about 9lbs the first week and then a steady 3lbs after that, athough it did vary some weeks only losing two, others losing five, but they averaged out to 3lbs.

Wishing you the best of luck.

I want you to all tell me wht the hardest period is? First few days? Weeks? Months? What times of day? Day 3 and 4 was difficult for me, everything looked good, including the cat food!!! I resisted the temptation and after getting past these two days and Ketosis set in it got much much easier.
Now I find the evenings difficult when at home with nothing planned.

What shall I do when it gets tough?(apart from drinking pint of water). Everything that has already been mentioned. I remember in the early days going to bed very very early when nothing else worked.

What do the soups and shkes really taste like? I have ordered chicken and mushroom and brocolli and cheese and then readymade chocolate shakes and mint choc, normal choc, butterscotch, strawberry and banana. At the beginning I loved the Chicken soup and had three of them a day. After a month I couldn't stomach them any more. I also enjoy the oriental chilli soup, (which I think makes the best crisps :D ). Nowadays, due to busy work schedule etc, I have two tetras a day, on banana and one Chocolate and one bar, usually peanut crunch. It's amazing how your tastebuds change throughout the journey.

What can I realistically plan to lose in my first 6 months? What about the first month? Already been mentioned but usually around a stone a month, with some bonus losses on occasions!!!!!

The first week I lost 11 lbs, then 6lb, 4lb, 7lb, 4lb, 4lb, 8lb, 4lb etc. It has averaged now to about 4 lb a week.

Hope this helps :) .

Jazzy x

personally i think its all really hard...
the one thing i stil cant get used to is the liquid diet thing...i reali reali reali missed chewing esp in the first two weeks and if it wasnt for the bars i would go mad n binge out on everything!.:break_diet: which i may have done a few times which would explain why im kinda stuck at the same weight at the mo but i will perservere!!! (who knows if that is spelt right but hey)
The other thing thats the worst is the special occasions...you never realy realise how many there are until you cant really take part ... like goin out for dinner for a friends bday or even goin out for a drink wit them ... kinda gets ya down a bit.
But stay positive!!!! its all you can do!! and dont fall off the wagon!!!!

Hi there i keep appearing and disappearing on this forum i apologise but i keep on attemptin g to get back on sole sourcing and failing. I lost all my weight on the diet a year ago and have since regained it. I found it absolute murder to stick to going on it a second time i cannot explain why. So here is another attempt wish me luck. I have been reading some of the messages on here and i to find weekends hard i also have to prepare the food in this house for others i will go all day then have to prepare tea every evening and cave in especially after a couple of days. I to dislike the tetras i think they taste bitter and can taste the vitamins mainly the chocolate one and this is coming from a chochaholic. I recently tried the cauliflower cheese soup Yuck! is my personal opinion though i know everyone is different some people probably love it. I tell you what is nice a heaped tablespoon of psyllium husk powder natures own is the one i find best for this but the powder form only Makes nice ready break mixed with the shakes with the added bonus of being able to go to the toilet easy with no constipation and it is natural and calorie free and doesn`t interfere with ketosis. This is coming from someone who despite drinking at least 5 litres of water a day on the diet last time had to take ducolax laxatives every 2 to 3 days last time. I am glad i discovered pysillium husks another member of the forum told me about it. well here i go again will let you know if i succeed in getting back into ketosis Laura5510

wow, everyone has been really sucessful on CD, I am on day six and have lost 8 pounds already, I am so pleased and am soooooooo going to stick to it, I'm hoping to lose two stone before my wedding in August but if you are all right, I could lose more, ohhhhhh I really hope so!! Would love to have a size 12 wedding dress!!! Any more comments would be greatly appreciated.
Claire.XX

Back