Becki's Atkins/LCHF Diet Diary!

Hi Becki, your low carb teriyaki sounds yummy:)

I probably wouldn't worry about the 4g at this stage - usually the body is so happy to not be getting sugar kicks that it doesn't notice. The 20g is a fairly arbitrary number for induction as everyones tolerance different - it assumes all will go into ketosis at that level. That's why the atkins book has you work your way up to see what your real carb tolerances are later in the programme.

Mine is about 30g to lose weight & 50g to maintain but all depends on what sorts of carbs - as I can eat green veggie carbs almost as much as like:)

It really was! It was a take on a Slimming World recipe I used to use. It tasted much nicer which was great!
I will try not to be too pedantic about 20g. I guess as long as it's under 25g I'll be happy.

Lost another 1.6lb this morning so that's 3.6lb in 2 days! Really happy with that. Hopefully I will lose the gain over these 2 weeks.

My other half bought me some Uggs for Chritmas but I couldn't get them on before but I thought I would try again. With help of silky socks and a shoe horn I got them on. Getting them off might be a bit harder. Hoping to stretch them out a bit so I can actually wear them out.

Hope you get the boots off or might be a bit uncomfortable in bed:p

Well done & great to have a goal:)

Good news, down 4.4lb so far this week! Well happy with that!
Bad news, washing machine ate my fav bra, boo.

Morning becki

Well done on your weight lose so far! I started low carb eating on Monday....God I felt awful the first few days, but thankfully felt human again by Thursday!

WEll done! Boo to the washing machine:p

I've been naughty. Can't stick to it.
Starting again today.
Lost 1.4 this week.
Got a old friends wedding in a month so I must stick to it!

Just had my fav dinner of teriyaki salmon and courgette spaghetti with a little bit of onion and mixed peppers. Ugh so good, but all gone now.
Had a tesco delivery today so I can start making proper meals again.
Got one more lot of salmon and spaghetti to use. And I also got cauliflower rice, not sure what to have with that though.
Got some prawns too, so prawn salad for lunch tomorrow.

I'm so bad at this!
Day 3(again)
I have a old school friends wedding to go to in 3 weeks and I need to make sure I lose a bit of weight to fit in my new dress

In 2 days I have lost 5 lb! Which I am mega happy about.
I have decided I have to drink 2 litres of squash(hate just water) before I have any cans.
Seems to be helping. I don't drink a lot, I never have done so hopefully this will make a bit of difference.

You're doing great. What kind of food have you been eating?

7lb 8oz in 4 days! Can't believe it! So happy. Think all the water is really helping.

Thank you Ace!
I've been sticking to
Calories 1560
Carbohydrates 20g 5 %
Fat 121g 70 %
Protein 98g 25 %
Eating lots of different things really.
Cheese strings, Peperami, Ham, Cheese, Courgettes, Asparagus, Pork scratchings, Parma Ham, cucumber, Atkins Crispbread, Atkins bars, bacon eggs, peppers, salmon, cauliflower and at least 2 litres of squash a day.

What squash are you drinking? If it contains citric acid that could stop you getting into ketosis.

I've been drink either lime or lemon as they seem to have the least carbs in and that hasn't seemed to have affected me at all.

First week weight in (again)
-8.2lb! cant believe it, so happy.
Thats -13.8lb now since 16th November. Considering that included 4 weeks of eating like a pig I am pretty happy with that.

It affects some people I think, I cant drink any squash with it in but some can tolerate it.

Didn't really lose anything last week, time of the month and all that.
Down 15.2lb now. Need to lose 1.2lb to bring me under the next stone bracket!
I've got a wedding to go to Saturday evening so I hope I can lose it by then.

I'm Pregnant! 4 weeks 2 days today. Found out on Thursday!
I have lost 18.6lb now, I guess it helped!

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks 1 day, last Monday.
Back on the diet tomorrow.
3rd time lucky! Fingers crossed. x

Back