Becoming a CDC

hels123smiles

Silver Member
My counseller will refer me and I really want to do it,id love to see people shedding the stones!

I already work at the moment, and if I did become a CDC, would it be worth it financially as Id have to pay tax on a second job.

How does it work, are you classed as self employed and do your own tax and NI etc? Just sat wondering and my CDC is away at the mo..........

Any advice from CDC's would be much appreciated, not just about tax etc but in general, how many hours do you do? BEst bit/worst bit? From home or at a venue? Tell me more!

I soooooooooo want to do this, but it has to work financially to Im ashamed to say.

Ooh, I'd love to know these answers too. I really want to be a CDC and hate my current job, but it needs to work financially for me too!

You need to set up as your own business (self employed) and be prepared to start slowly. You also need to be able to dedicate yourself to being a CDC because people are relying on you. Some CDC's make a great living and some don't. It depends how busy you are. My CDC gave me the numbers/ earnings etc but you need to speak to your CDC when she gets back about the details. I don't feel right to post on here what my cdc told me. It also depends where you live and how many cdc's are in your area. I know someone in London who earns a fortune doing it full time and i know others who do it part time and earn just a little on top of another job. I suppose what you put in you'll probably get out :) xxx Perhaps a CDC on here will give you the figures but if I were you I'd speak in depth to your cdc. She'll be happy to talk you through everything as she'd get a bonus for refering you :) xxx

Thanks Sunshine and I think you're right, you get out what you put in! Will have a chat with my CDC when we fill out my form!

Back