Extra Easy Beef in black bean sauce - think I may have messed up!

:confused: Hi Guys, I have been looking at the slimming world receipe for the above - I had this last night not following the receipe and using the following:-

I didn't use lean beef just diced beef from Morrisons.

I used a bag of uncle ben's long grain white rice (microwaved for 2 mins) - think this is ok?

But the sauce, I used Blue Dragons' 120g sachet stir fry black bean sauce,
calories (per half pack) 57 fat 0.7 satured fat trace
Please could anyone tell me how many syns I have had as I have a feeling I used the wrong sauce and should have used the lean beef.

Thanks, this is my second week and I have lost 3.5 pounds x

Blue Dragon Stir Fry Sauce, Canton Black Bean, ambient 120g sachet

extraeasy.gif
5½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green 5½ Syns

Asterisked products: If any product displays a * alongside, it is Free Food
when all the visible fat and skin is removed.

Hey i got this from the website, this is for the whole sachet so divide the syns into how many portions it made.

Also for the beef if you trimmed off any fat, its free :)

xx​

Thank you all - the meat didn't look particularly fatty.

The thing that confused me with the sauce is that it doesn;t say ambient so that's why I thought I had used the wrong 1? Now, Im not sure.

Did you say the rice was a microwaveable pouch? If so these are synned between 2 and 3 syns depending on the flavour.

I used to have them all the time but have now switched to boiling my rice. Loads cheaper and doesn't take that much longer really!

Hope your dinner was nice anyway - thats the main thing! xx

Actually not that bad - sorry if I panicked anyone!

Uncle Ben's Express, Long Grain Rice, ambient 250g pouch

extraeasy.gif
1 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 18½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

Amy xx

Uncle Ben's Express, Long Grain Rice, ambient 250g pouch

extraeasy.gif
1 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 18½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

Asterisked products: If any product displays a * alongside, it is Free Food
when all the visible fat and skin is removed.

I never realised that the pouches are syned!!! Alryt that's not too bad but still!!​

Thank you all - the meat didn't look particularly fatty.

The thing that confused me with the sauce is that it doesn;t say ambient so that's why I thought I had used the wrong 1? Now, Im not sure.

You won't find any jar or packet that says ambient on it - that just means "ready to use". :)

Ambient means that you can store it at the ambient temperature, which is just another way of saying room temperature - it doesnt need refrigerating or freezing.

Back