Before Slimming World...

WW I was starving and sick of weighing. SW worked for me in 1994 I lost 6 stone after childbirth, and now I'm just short of 5 stone lost this time. I use my wii fit too. I've never tried anything else really.

i briefly tried slimfast and i had tried weightwatchers a few times but always gave in...i'd like to put it all down to being starving on those two and its just sw is completely fantastic - as it of course is! - but i do believe your head has to be in the right place and you have to have that 'lightbulb' moment or nothing will work.
but having said that i also believe that sometimes you stumble across the 'diet' whats best for you and that fully switches on that lightbulb moment!
when i joint slimming world if im completey honest i didnt think i'd end up being at target i just thought id do for as long as could until i got bored/starved! but it was like that final piece of the puzzle and i never looked back.

I have done Slimming World before, but have tried WW and calorie counting, but with both I would end up hungry and panicking that I wouldn't have enough points or calories left by the end of the day.

I would always end up wishing I was on SW so I could have massive bake potatoes, or chick pea dahl and rice or whatever without having to count anything.

I've never really tried any other diet, apart from when I was under a dietician at the hospital and they tried to calorie control my diet (I was about 14 then and about 15st), but when i'd fill out the food diaries i'd lie about what I was eating. Mum could only watch me some of the time. When I decided to lose weight when I was 19 ish I did SW with mum but she went group and I just did it at home. So I've always been SW really.

Weight Watchers was the only ''branded'' diet I followed before Slimming World. Drove me insane, took me 2 months to lose 1stone and all the weighing and measuring really annoyed me - also I never stopped feeling hungry. I tried calorie counting myself on and off all the time but I couldn't do it. Absolute loving Slimming World and I am down 2 stone in 2 months :D

I tried Scottish Slimmers a few times, but it was all about meals that only I could eat, Slimfast was horrible.

I might lose really slowly with SW, but its real food the whole family can eat with me.

WW, calorie counting, VLCD using milkshake powders (dairy free), and finally undiagnosed eating disorder of some form...

when i was 16 I stopped eating properly, over exercised, saw myself as fat, lied to my parents about what I'd eaten during the day, occasionally binged on crap but could never bring myself to make myself sick...I had a terirble home life and this was a matter of control I suppose. in an average day i'd get up for college, drink a half cup of tea, cycle a mile and a half to college, have a snicker and a whole cuppa, do lessons, cycle half a mile to the shops with my mate's shopping lists, cycle the half mile back, lie to them about having eaten at the shops while having a 45 cal cuppa soup and a halfsize can of coke, do more lessons, cycle a mile and a half home and tell my mum i'd eaten at college so i could miss dinner and have another 45 cal cuppa soup about 7pm. most of my calories came from alcohol which I relied upon throughout the day and also lied about.... I was a pretty messed up teenager. I used to go over my friend ayesha's house and her mum would constantly offer me food. i thought she was being hospitable, looking back she was trying to help. I went from 13st to 8st 4 which is when i stopped looking at my weight. Size 20-22 to 8-10 in the end. most of my friends thought i was being sensible about losing weight, even my partner at the time didn't know. I wasn't being sensible.

when i got to uni my friend ayesha and i ended up at the same uni by accident (she failed all her exams and got in through clearing lol), we lived together and she could actually see what i ate, so knowing i can't pass up free food (even when i was starving myself i couldn't pass up free food!) she used to feed me, and when her mum came over she'd feed me too lol. she also watched what I drank too... I met my husband at the end of m first year. Ayesha and I argued badly when i had a nervous breakdown in our second year and we didn't start talking again until 2 years ago, but I am still grateful to Ayesha and Nasrin for what they did for me.

my weight has yo-yo'd since then and i have tried all sorts of things to fix it, I've been bouncing between 14st and 12.5st for 6 years now. I never seem to get below 12st 4 before giving up on whatever diet I'm doing though out of fear generally, fear of ending up like I was at 16.

so I have an incredibly unhealthy relationship with food. I am not only addicted to sugar and fat and refined flours, I also enjoy feeling hungry so slimming world is perfect. I HAVE to eat to lose weight, I NEVER get hungry enough to enjoy the feeling, I HAVE to eat the right things, I CAN'T start drinking either because of the syn value (partly SW, partly because hubby knows about my past and wont let me go overboard!). keeping a food diary means I also CAN'T lie to myself, so it's pretty much the perfect plan for me.

I'm now 12st 6 and still going! slowly, but still going!!!!

I've tried slim fast, excessive exercising so I could then binge, calorie counting and eating nothing - slimming world is the healthiest "diet" I have ever one, I'm eating raw fruit and veg everyday, cooking from scratch instead of getting my meals out of a box in the freezer, and enjoy my food knowing I am putting good food in my body. :)

Years ago I tried Slimfast & Atkins. I joined WW online & in 14 months I lost 7lb, I did it by the book so I could never understand why I didn't lose more. After that I was so desperate to lose weight I started counting calories. I became obsessed with counting & exercise & in 6 weeks I went from 11st to 9st 9lb. My waist was so skinny. I stopped that...& gained over 3st!

I joined SW in March 2009 & have gone up & done since. I started over April 2011 & have done better than ever before, I do it alone at home. I'm never hungry & if I am there's always plenty to eat. I love cooking meals from scratch & I'm veggie & make so many delicious veggie meals.

SW has encouraged me to try more foods, mainly veg & I LOVE fruit & veg, I often have at least 50% veg with my meals & snack on fruit all day as my first choice when I'm peckish.

Exercise is encouraged so that's now become regular to me.

SW has taught me a lot about being healthy & I feel I'm the healthy I've ever been, even if right now I'm not the lightest I've ever weighed.

Years ago I did WW and it worked but I wasn't really happy doing it. Partly because I was at the lowest point range and was always hungry, and (probably more importantly) I didn't cook much and wasn't making good choices on my points relying on low-point packaged foods instead of cooking from scratch and getting more value for my points. Counting everything was a pain too.

Back