1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Being realistic

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lmirbop, 18 January 2014 Social URL.

1. lmirbop

lmirbop Member

Hi :)

How much do you think it's possible to lose by June? I have 5 stone to lose (lost 3 already)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. kikaroo

kikaroo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's an average of just over 3.5lb a week until the 1st June I think. It's a stretch, but possible!

4. lmirbop

lmirbop Member

Oh I know I won't get to target by then, that would be amazing though! If I can lose 3-4 by then I'll be really happy!

5. kikaroo

kikaroo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got 3.5 stone to lose by the same time, I'm a slow loser but I'm aiming for 2.5lb a week which should get me close enough!

6. lmirbop

lmirbop Member

Good luck!!!

7. lardylady

lardylady Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st10lb(46.21%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World: Green Days
    2.5lb a week seems like a very speedy loss to me!! Although it's good to have a goal, I think that because weight loss can be so unpredictable week by week, it may be a little unwise to have specified a certain amount by a certain time, because if you fall short of that you feel like a failure. (I'm speaking for myself, of course).

I think the best course of action is to stick to plan 100% and see what happens!

8. Gwella

Gwella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.7lb(8.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are sites online where you can calculate your base metabolic rate and how many calories you would need to be eating to lose a certain amount. I don't mention this because I'm saying count calories, but you should check that the amount you're aiming to lose each week doesn't take you below the minimum recommended calories for your weight, height and gender.

9. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I think 2.5lbs a week is a tad ambitious tbh. 1 - 2lbs is what SW say is a healthy achievable loss. I lost four stone a few years back with SW and averaged 7lbs a month but I stuck to plan 100% rigidly. You just don't know how your body will react so as Lardylady has said above just aim to stick to plan and cross your fingers!

10. Witzender

Witzender Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm aiming to lose a stone by Easter another by sept ( my birthday ) and another by Christmas

11. katsmad64

katsmad64 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(13.56%)
    I'm doing something similar it's my 50th in December and would love to be at my goal weight by then :) I'd like to loose a stone every 3 months (ish) fingers crossed as not a lucky fast looser never have been ! Good luck x

12. LHutch90

LHutch90 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm hoping to lose 1.5st by the 24th of May, as going to Edinburgh for a long weekend for my sisters 21st birthday. I wanna look fab instead of flab in pics! Then I would like to lose another stone by the time I go on holiday in september, so 2.5st in 9 months. Just to be a healthy weight again, instead of overweight as my doctor decided to remind me the other day. :mad:

13. Mummyshelleycat

Mummyshelleycat Full Member

Good luck Hun I would love that loss too but I have way more than that to go :) xx

14. LHutch90

LHutch90 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World