Being realistic

That's an average of just over 3.5lb a week until the 1st June I think. It's a stretch, but possible!

I've got 3.5 stone to lose by the same time, I'm a slow loser but I'm aiming for 2.5lb a week which should get me close enough!

I've got 3.5 stone to lose by the same time, I'm a slow loser but I'm aiming for 2.5lb a week which should get me close enough!

2.5lb a week seems like a very speedy loss to me!! Although it's good to have a goal, I think that because weight loss can be so unpredictable week by week, it may be a little unwise to have specified a certain amount by a certain time, because if you fall short of that you feel like a failure. (I'm speaking for myself, of course).

I think the best course of action is to stick to plan 100% and see what happens!

There are sites online where you can calculate your base metabolic rate and how many calories you would need to be eating to lose a certain amount. I don't mention this because I'm saying count calories, but you should check that the amount you're aiming to lose each week doesn't take you below the minimum recommended calories for your weight, height and gender.

I think 2.5lbs a week is a tad ambitious tbh. 1 - 2lbs is what SW say is a healthy achievable loss. I lost four stone a few years back with SW and averaged 7lbs a month but I stuck to plan 100% rigidly. You just don't know how your body will react so as Lardylady has said above just aim to stick to plan and cross your fingers!

I'm aiming to lose a stone by Easter another by sept ( my birthday ) and another by Christmas
I'm doing something similar it's my 50th in December and would love to be at my goal weight by then :) I'd like to loose a stone every 3 months (ish) fingers crossed as not a lucky fast looser never have been ! Good luck x

I'm hoping to lose 1.5st by the 24th of May, as going to Edinburgh for a long weekend for my sisters 21st birthday. I wanna look fab instead of flab in pics! Then I would like to lose another stone by the time I go on holiday in september, so 2.5st in 9 months. Just to be a healthy weight again, instead of overweight as my doctor decided to remind me the other day. :mad:

Back