Bernie Nolan on Susan Boyle

fillymum

synful soul
Did anyone else see the Alan Titchmarsh show yesterday ???

Monday is my Sunday, so after a nice trip out with hubby I settled myself down on the sofa and had the rare treat of watching daytime T.V.

One of the spots was Bernie Nolan and a couple of other folks discussing Xfactor, Britains got Talent etc. and how they thought some of the contestants were exploited. Bernie Nolan, who I have always liked and admired, sited Susan Boyle as a person who was exploited. Susan Boyle doesn't think so, she is the happiest she has every been. Then Bernie said and I quote " I don't even think she can sing ".........WHAT !!!! I can not imagine anyone thinking Susan Boyle can not sing.

Susan Boyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqM3lLcPWwA

Bernie Nolan......

YouTube - Bernie Nolan Sings -Not That Kind Of Girl

I rest my case and look forward to your comments lol !!!

Not to be controversial, but although I think Susan Boyle has a very good voice, IMO she puts very little expression into her performances. I don't enjoy listening to her at all.
I'm glad that she's made a big hit though because it's nice for her.

Not to be controversial, but although I think Susan Boyle has a very good voice, IMO she puts very little expression into her performances. I don't enjoy listening to her at all.
I'm glad that she's made a big hit though because it's nice for her.

Not controversial at all.

I agree that the expression is not quite what it could be but I think a lot of that is lack of life's experience.

How ever I think Bernie, who I think was amazing on Pop Star to Opera Star, should not have said what she did it was very unprofessional and it came over as sour grapes.

I think that Susan Boyle is a good singer but not great. I think the appeal of Susan Boyle is the whole package.

I think that Susan Boyle is a good singer but not great. I think the appeal of Susan Boyle is the whole package.

Right !!!! She is proof that even the wildest dreams can and do come true.

She was on the BEEB this morning and she is just so lovely and so grateful for her good fortune. I really like her as a person.

She does have a spectacular voice.
What I find amazing is that she lives in the same house and still pays herself a very small salary.
God bless her, she is quite humble I think.

She does have a spectacular voice.
What I find amazing is that she lives in the same house and still pays herself a very small salary.
God bless her, she is quite humble I think.

That is what I love about her so much. Her total appreciation of her life as it is is very humbling.

susan boyle has an amazing voice, she can do anything she wants, bernie nolan has been brought up in the pop industry, she tried her hand being an actress, she carnt sing as an individuall, sue boyle is someone that entered a competition & did not win but came 2nd, b.nolan has only known fame from an early age, its wrong to compare

susan boyle has an amazing voice, she can do anything she wants, bernie nolan has been brought up in the pop industry, she tried her hand being an actress, she carnt sing as an individuall, sue boyle is someone that entered a competition & did not win but came 2nd, b.nolan has only known fame from an early age, its wrong to compare

How right you are in all you say........Susan Boyle is a dream come true.

No comparison is being made because there just is no comparison :)

Did you see her interview that she did with Piers Morgan a few months ago? She is so humble, can't believe all the fuss and is very funny

Yes I saw it and it made me like her even more. She has her feet firmly on the floor or as she likes to say, grounded.

She comes over as being a thoroughly nice person and I am sure she would never make an unkind remark about a fellow artist

Back