Berry's diary

Hope you had a good Xmas berryberry!

You're doing very well being so conscious of your food I've been totally off zone since Tuesday not even thought about what was going in! I wanted to go back on yesterday but cos I still had family here it was just manic! So back on today!!

I've seen posters around for a "dryathalon" no booze for jan, is this what got u thinking?? X

Ok so fresh start from now on. T total all of jan and shred every week day morning. Alarm is set for tomorrow!

Health and fitness goals for 2013:
1. Shred every weekday morning of Jan
2. Get to comfortable 30min 5km run
3. Continue healthy eating calorie conscious approach, adopting flexibility where needed - continue to look long term life style rather than short term fix
4. Average 0.5 - 1lb loss a week
5. Get to under 9st then assess my target weight
6. Focus on toning body
7. Stretch every day to become more supple and avoid pains from exercise

Edit- keeping weigh in to Thursday so will report then on further gains from the festive period!! Hoping no more than 5lbs!!!!

Ok so fresh start from now on. T total all of jan and shred every week day morning. Alarm is set for tomorrow!

Health and fitness goals for 2013:
1. Shred every weekday morning of Jan
2. Get to comfortable 30min 5km run
3. Continue healthy eating calorie conscious approach, adopting flexibility where needed - continue to look long term life style rather than short term fix
4. Average 0.5 - 1lb loss a week
5. Get to under 9st then assess my target weight
6. Focus on toning body
7. Stretch every day to become more supple and avoid pains from exercise

Edit- keeping weigh in to Thursday so will report then on further gains from the festive period!! Hoping no more than 5lbs!!!!

I've just bought shred off amazon! I'm so scared!
Good luck for all your resolutions! X

I've just bought shred off amazon! I'm so scared!
Good luck for all your resolutions! X

Amazing! Let me know how you get on!! I am going to try and make it to Level 3 by Feb!!

Hope you had a fab Christmas and New year!!!

Good luck with the shred ladies :) going try out my abb belt out later xx

Hi Cas you too xxx

So excited for you to try the ab belt, I took mine home with me over Christmas and my parents have bought one to use!! I am now up to Level 30, its so convenient to use in the evenings whilst I do other bits and bobs like cooking/cleaning/washing etc. I reckon you will love it! Can't report a six pack result just yet but who knows by this time next year!!!! :D

Just signed up for three gym classes back to back tomorrow evening. BEACH BODY HERE I COME

I've been doing two or three of the programmes which I think are 20min each, I haven't really fiddled with the settings I just turn it on and turn up the Level to what I can manage - I'm sure there are probably more fancy ways of using it. Also I think the instructions suggested you could strap it to your thighs for toning, but I'm not convinced to be honest. I reckon walking/climbing stairs/lunges/squats/swimming etc would all target them better or even exercise bike? I need to figure out how to "tone" an ankle- I have such elephant hoofs its gross!

Restart weigh in this morning and I am starting 2013 at 135lbs, 9st 9lb so Christmas has actually only done about 2.5lb damage- not bad!!

If I lose 1lb a week from now on I will be at my first target of 9st by March! :D Because I've never weighed myself til last year, I don't really know what my ultimate target is. I think possibly 8st 7lb, but I think getting to 9st would be fab and let me reassess as it may be that I don't need to lose any more from there and just continue the fitness/toning more.

So yesterday I started feeling ill from around lunchtime, flu-ey with blocked nose, hot eyeballs (anyone else get this??) and sore throat. Also feeling achey and lethargic so when I got home I had no appetite and wanted to go straight to bed.

Food was as follows:

B:
Cup of tea x2 30

L:
Cucumber 30
Red pepper 13
Hummus 152

D:
Covent Garden leek & potato soup 216
Marks roast chicken 353
Lindt choc ball 80

TOTAL 874

I picked at the chicken to try and get my cals up a bit higher and only fancied something plain. Will try and be nearer 1200 today. Feeling like crud already, about to have a lemsip (20 cals!!) I had signed up to three classes at the gym this eve, boxercise, body pump then body balance but am very tempted to cancel as feel weak and rubbish. Will give it a couple of hours and see how I feel but I may need to start the exercise regime from the weekend instead.

I too feel like crud, sore throat tickly cough, runny nose NO hot eyeballs though (what's all that about??) Lol :)

Ha I don't know... no other way to describe it--- hot eyeballs ! :(

God feeling worse and worse as the day goes on. Just tried to have my lunch but feel so nauseaus, like I am going to be sick at any moment :( Really want to go home but have tons to do here so just sipping water and trying to ignore it all

Ugh still feeling ruff but had an amazing dinner:

Baked Aubergine with mozzarella - huge serving ( 1 whole Aubergine ) is only 219 calories!!

Ingredients
1 Aubergine ( cut lengthways ) 48
Handful of Cherry tomatoes 9
Light mozzarella 144
Squirt tomato purée 14
Basil leaves 4

Sprinkle the cut Aubergine with salt and pepper and bake at 200 degrees for about 25mins,
Then remove and smear on the tomato purée, sprinkle mix herbs, I added some crushed garlic also, then pop sliced cherry toms on top - add mozzarella sliced and return to oven for 10-15 mins til the cheese is all melty and yum.

I had it with a handful of spinach and watercress salad.

So scrumptious and filling, sorta like pizza!

I take it that it dries out? X

Hi t2g - hope you are well- Happy New Year!

No doesn't really dry the aubergine out, they go all soft and gooey with the melty mozzarella. Its nice, but doesn't have the "crunch" of pizza. Its like a pizza/pasta hybrid almost.

This is the recipe I adapted: Aubergine melts recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

So all food yesterday.......

B:
Cuppa 15
Lemsip 20
Golden syrup porridge pot 213

L:
Home made salad with....
Rocket, watercress & spinach 11
Chickpeas 132
Tuna steak in spring water 89
Cherry tomatos 15
Mozzarella pearls 100
Red onion 10

D:
Baked aubergine 48
Cherry tomatoes 9
Basil leaves 4
Tomato puree 14
Mozzarella 144
Skinny cow mint choc chip lolly 95 (bit slow off the mark- but these are awesome!)

S:
Strawberries 56
Mini smarties penguinx2 134

TOTAL 1109
No exercise to speak of apart from 6500 steps according to fitbit. Also I reckon I probably hit 1200 cals as MFP was giving only 67 cals for the smarties penguin so 134 for two which seems low!

Still feeling really ill, but just need to power through today then have the weekend to relax and recuperate. Going to have lots of fruit for the vits.

Have to go to the pub briefly this eve for a friend's bday but everyone knows I am on dry Jan so that coupled with being ill I'll just have a couple of sparkling h2os and go.

Then I have my first driving lesson on Saturday eeEKKERS!!

Hello. I am doing ok. U are doihg great! Well done x and food luck xxx

Successful Friday! I walked over 17,000 steps!! Probably because I walked from work to dinner in soho then walked from their to bar in covent garden where I was on my feet till gone midnight. And I did all of this stone cold sober!! 5 days into dry jan and going strong!,

Food was like so

B
Cuppa x2 30
Strawberries 28

L
Eat roasted red pepper and goats cheese soup 196
Mint aero Xmas tree 146

D
Beef Vietnamese pho soup 449
Apple mango and coconut juice 122

S
Peanut butter on toast 388

TOTAL 1359

Today is going well , I think feeling under the weather is helping as don't fancy anything particularly. Haven't done any exercise though so hoping to be back at 100% health next week to crack on!

Successful Friday! I walked over 17,000 steps!! Probably because I walked from work to dinner in soho then walked from their to bar in covent garden where I was on my feet till gone midnight. And I did all of this stone cold sober!! 5 days into dry jan and going strong!,

Food was like so

B
Cuppa x2 30
Strawberries 28

L
Eat roasted red pepper and goats cheese soup 196
Mint aero Xmas tree 146

D
Beef Vietnamese pho soup 449
Apple mango and coconut juice 122

S
Peanut butter on toast 388

TOTAL 1359

Today is going well , I think feeling under the weather is helping as don't fancy anything particularly. Haven't done any exercise though so hoping to be back at 100% health next week to crack on!

I hope u feel better soon x

Back