Berry's diary

Depends what sort of thing you like really, its three circuits of 3min strength, 2min cardio, 1min abs - pretty simple non-fuss moves which I like because I hate those flouncy dancy dvds where you prance about but don't actually get anything decent done. I'd rather throw shapes on a dance floor in heels.

Shred pros:
- cheap (vs. gym)
- can be done at home (ie. when dark and cold out or if you are self conscious about exercising in public)
- supposedly really good for reshaping body
- its really short so you don't get bored

However if you haven't done it before, I'd also recommend couch to 5km which is ....... LIFE CHANGING ... haha.. but seriously if you remotely fancy getting into to running, then its just awesome. I think running gets rid of llbs a lot quicker than Shred but doesn't do much in the way of toning.

I need to stick out the Shred through the winter because toning/shape is really important to me now I am down nearer target weight. However I really want to become a good comfortable runner... I much prefer doing it outside though so can't wait til the evenings get lighter again.

What kind of exercise do you love/hate?

I used to do yoga & pilates years ago, before i started working full time, being a mum, getting dogs & all the other stuff i used as an excuse for being too busy to exercise haha.

Running or jogging isn't an option so it has to be something i can do at home & tbh I'm not really looking to lose much more weight, its toning & strengthening I'm more interested in so the shred sounds good.

Yes I think the shred may be perfect then clanger, esp as its short and sweet! I have completed day 3 woohoo!

Just finished my dinner , it was bloody delish , so good in fact I have eaten a bit too much so feeling a teeny bit too full.

If anyone likes wagamama type food or Asian noodle soups etc I would highly recommend ! It's super easy too like everything I cook.

image-1420164368.jpg

Little bit worried about weigh in now because I do feel a bit full but hopefully it's just all the liquid. Also used quite a bit of salt compared to none usually in my cooking so hope that doesn't mess anything up tomorrow! Everything crossed for a pound off tomorrow.

Thanks guys- 2lbs off wahoo 133.4 lbs so 9st 7lb only 3 lbs til 130lbs and only 7lbs to go to 9st which is 2 stone weight loss :D Also the scales kept flickering on 132.8 but I couldn't get it to stick :D

Day 3 of Shred done and dusted last night!

Food:

B
Cup of tea 30
Prune layer activia 116

L
Cherries 48
British Strawberries 28
Dried prunes 37
Boots shapers prawn cocktail crisps 73

D
Wagamamas-esque noodle broth

200g chesnut mushrooms 26
150g fine green beans 41
1/2 small red onion 16
Courgette 18
Miso soup sachet 27
Frozen jumbo king prawns 90
Bok choi 28
Spring onions, chillis and fresh coriander to garnish 15
Egg noodles 216

Mint aero Christmas tree 146

TOTAL 955 (plus olive oil and dash of soy sauce) Felt like a lot more though.

Oh awesome news re the Shred Clanger!! I'm glad as I reckon I will be wavering next week! Feel a teeny bit less achy today I think. I have decided I am going to take progress pics at the end of each 10days when I complete a 'level' if I am brave enough I will post them up here. Although mega paranoid someone I know might recognise my wobbly bits or the background hahaha!

Forgot to update my fitbit steps for yesterday were 9,854 - and that was just a normal day walk to tube, from tube to work, quick nip out 20 min wander at lunch, walk to tube, walk tube to home... and then I wore it for Shred.

Must go for a run this weekend as haven't been since Christmas day! :(

I am looking forward to 9st as a reassessment point and I just don't really know what I am aiming for weight-wise. I think there is def still some fat to lose from my thighs and a bit from my tum and arms but mostly I think its toning, I want to be sleek and supple with a perk bottom !! HAHA.

Fitness goals for 2013

1. Be able to run 10km comfortably
2. Complete all levels of the 30 Day Shred
3. Be able to do 10 proper pressups
4. Regularly attend or do a dvd of a yoga/pilates/body balance type regime concentrating on stretching, toning and strength

We'll be able to whinge about our aches & pains together haha.

How tall are you? I'm 5'2 & think I'm going to make 8st 10 my end goal then it gives me a buffer zone to play with.

I feel kind of guilty because I've never posted any pics of myself on the site & yet i love looking at other peoples for inspiration & motivation. I'm just wary of who can actually view them so play safe by not posting any.

As for being "sleek and supple with a pert bottom"........yep that's my aim as well, although being over 40 i guess i have to be realistic so I'll settle for reasonably toned & not too shabby looking lol

I don't actually know how tall I am........I think around 5'5 :confused:

Just treated myself to a kitkat chunky- it was delicious!

I don't actually know how tall I am........I think around 5'5 :confused:

Just treated myself to a kitkat chunky- it was delicious!

Have u seen the new kit Kat chunkys? There's double choc, mint, coconut and another I can't remember probably because it was something I don't really like cos I remembered all them! I want one of each!!!!!!!! Mmmmmm :p

I saw on twitter but not in real life yet!!! I bet mint is delish. Would like to try coconut too. I think the other flavour is hazelnut which I would prob love (Nutella and kinder bueno are my ultimate faves!!!)

Forced myself into shred although not in the mood. It was ok but moving up a level in 6 days seems pretty daunting at the mo unless I come on leaps and bounds soon!

I had a protein shake after to see if it helped with the aches at all.

Dinner was reduced fat sausages and the aubergine melt things - huge portion for under 500 calories!

Thank god it's Friday tomorrow, I think I might have a pan au chocolat and small cappuccino from Paul as a treat for breakfast.

Attachments

• image-2890074800.jpg
    image-2890074800.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 41
haha sorry to disappoint clanger, but berry berry u were right it was hazelnut also one of my fave flavours and they were 3 for £1 in the £shop so i bought them eek, what is wrong with me this week im sill buying the choc but not eating it hahahaha x hope u have a good friday!!! x

haha sorry to disappoint clanger, but berry berry u were right it was hazelnut also one of my fave flavours and they were 3 for £1 in the £shop so i bought them eek, what is wrong with me this week im sill buying the choc but not eating it hahahaha x hope u have a good friday!!! x

NO! I still can't find them :( Need to behave myself for the rest of the day as already had cappuccino, pain au chocolat, kitkat chunky & mini sushi selection (758)! Don't mind if I do a bit more today though if I am restrained over the weekend.

Sorry clanger! No more talk of KKCs (until I write a review on a hazelnut one)

It's fine! I've decided to treat myself to a KFC tonight seeing as I've been relatively angelic this week so there lol :) x

Ooooooh KFC!!!!!!! That's a bad word!!!! Me and hubby checked cals in the new Cajun box master wrap....558!! Looks delicious tho! Enjoy and well done for being good all week! :)

Back