Berry's diary

How does lamb compare to chicken on the calorie scale. I always imagine lamb to be quite high coz most cuts are quite fatty arnt they.

How does lamb compare to chicken on the calorie scale. I always imagine lamb to be quite high coz most cuts are quite fatty arnt they.

It is more calories but hubby loves lamb and he bought it...

Oh I'm weird I don't like lamb- but then again I don't really eat much red meat as it makes my stomach hurt!

SUCCESSFUL DAY woohooo - back in the game!

B
Cuppa 30
Oat so simple porridge pot 187
Banana 95

L
Tesco cucumber with tziki and pumpkin seeds 110
Punnet of blackberries 39

D
Smoked haddock chowder from Covent Garden Soups 252
Skinny cow double choc mint lolly 95

TOTAL 808
Also 7,889 steps

Kitchen is pretty much done. I have emailed builders this morning with a few nags so will see if they fix those, they need to hurry up as decorators supposed to be starting on Wednesay. Had a mini tantrum as I think the oven door connection is faulty as it doesn't turn off properly unless you close it several times- irritating. Thats always the worry with new appliances- even though the old ones were battered and gross at least you knew they were reliable! Tried the new dishwasher though and it works well so thats good! I really can't be arsed to unpack the boxes of stuff back into the kitchen though, I did start last night but blahhhh!

Realised I may not have *my* scales with me for weigh in on Thursday as if the decorators have started I will be at bfs house, so I guess I will weigh but if I don't like the results I may skip WI til I can hop on mine at the weekend. We'll see, fingers crossed 9 st 5 but peeked today and its looking touch and go!!!!

So glad you are nearly back to normal these things are never as straight forward as they should be

I cant stop fantasizing about mini-eggs. If I make it to Friday under 1200 a day, I will allow myself a treat of some. :cool:

Lol love mini eggs when I am desperate I chop two or three up and sprinkle on top of my fruit and yoghurt, it adds a nice chocolaty crunch to it lol, I know desperate measures

Omg to the kitchen, I'd have major meltdown after all the upheaval and something was a bit faulty!! Hopefully it all gets sorted soon!!

Kudos on the good day food wise sounds very healthy!!

Mmm mini eggs I like to have chocolate with a cup of tea :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Berry I am giving hedgehogs new potatoes tonight!! Putting garlic in the slots with my roast lamb and veg!! Will let u know how they go and will try to remember to take a pic!!! X

Berry I am giving hedgehogs new potatoes tonight!! Putting garlic in the slots with my roast lamb and veg!! Will let u know how they go and will try to remember to take a pic!!! X

Oh my! How yummy x

image-11508450.jpg

Don't know if I've done them right but they were gorgeeeeee!

Morning dd good thanks dude! And yourself? Its still blimming freezing- can't wait til Summer now.

LOVE LOVE the hedgehog pots Jo!!!!!!!!!! :D I am def going to make some once back up and running at the flat :)

Another good day yesterday apart from pulling a muscle in my bum at the gym doing walking planks. It hurt so much I actually shouted "ouch!" and it was right at the beginning so the rest of the class wasn't great. It feels ok this morning so will see if I can do circuits later on.

I think the oven is ok, the guy has lost the manual which is annoying as I can't check so will keep pestering him about a copy of that, but basically when I turn the nobs (1 for temp and 1 to select fan/grill etc) the light obviously comes on and the oven heats up. Put food in and it works fine, but when I take the food out and turn both nobs back to 0 the light is still on in the oven- I thought this meant it was faulty but maybe it just stays on whilst it cools down inside then goes off automatically as 1/2 hr or so later it was off?

I feel really paranoid about using things as it all looks so swish I dont want to ruin it haha! Hence my soup dinners and been making bf meals in the oven rather than hob as not sure if any of our pans work on it as we have gone from gas to induction??

We have one of the old builders in today to change a couple of radiators AND our decorators are starting with the full job on the whole flat - which I cannot WAIT for as we did a slapdash DIY paint job when I moved in in 2009 (and have had numerous v ridiculous parties since then) so it will be lovely to be all fresh and fancy for us, plus he is stripping away all the woodchip from the rooms with it HOORAY! After thats done (maybe a week or two?) we just need carpets and to find a new sofa then it will be lovely!

We are going to stay at the flat tonight then move to bfs parents house Thursday night and play it by ear in terms of where they are painting etc. Only problem will be going back every evening after work to shuffle stuff around from room to room as best we can to clear space I guess.

Anyway!! Good food day yesterday, except the malteser bunny (naughty)

B
Cuppa 30
Shapers mint choc bar 81

L
125g raspberries 31
Tesco mini salmon sushi 130
Banana 95

D
Covent garden winter broth soup (delish- might have this tonight also) 192
Mars icecream 139
Malteser bunny 157
Sleepytime tea bag 0

TOTAL 855
Not sure on steps as didn't sync my fitbit but I think it was 9,000

Going to have another low low day before WI tomorrow and then back to 1200-1500 weekdays and higher on weekends. Mini target is 130lbs for 1st Feb.

Wow great day hon, that would annoy me to about the manual I am a bit OCD about ten type of things lol, you seem like you really on it I think you will hit your target easy, everyone seems to have stepped it up a gear this week , perhaps it's because the end of jan is in sight

Wow great day hon, that would annoy me to about the manual I am a bit OCD about ten type of things lol, you seem like you really on it I think you will hit your target easy, everyone seems to have stepped it up a gear this week , perhaps it's because the end of jan is in sight

I hadn't noticed this but you're right.

Good luck with today and take it easy x

Well done for getting back on track! Cnt b easy with all the upheaval.

We bought or house 9 months ago n still havent found the boiler manuel. Would come in really handy for these frosty mornings as we've still not worked out how to put it on timer :s

Oh Kiwi what a pain- try google - they have loads of manuals pdf copies online - has helped me before with the dyson etc! However I have the manual to my boiler and have been in the flat 3 years now and still can't be bothered to fiddle about trying to change the times my dad put in right at the start!

Update on the oven saga- kitchen people have sent me a pdf of the manual and the light thing is normal apparently! Hilarious. We were slamming the door in all sorts of weird ways for the last two days to try and "fix" it. I seriously worry about me and bf living together for the rest of our lives. He is not remotely a "handy man" and if anything goes faulty he thinks buy a new one/ring the plumber/electrician etc etc whereas I go straight to my trusty google and try to fix things myself if I can. I honestly don't know how I would get through life without google!!!!

Thanks guys- I think we can all have a strong finish to Jan. Actually the month has flown by when its usually super depressing and long! Feeling very chipper.

Trying to hold out til 1pm for lunch, peckish now though.

Back