Berry's diary

We could start a lent thread and all put on what wears goin to give up I did tea a couple of years back nearly killed me lol

HAHA yes we def should- tea is an awesome one! I would reaaally struggle! I could probably do bread but only if it didn't include pizza ha ha!

Yummy afternoon tea! Don't think I could behave near cream and scones!!

I fancy doing a lent challenge!! Don't know what to give up though??!?! Don't eat lots of chocolate, might be a good easy one lol x

Thing with the lent challenege. It's the day before valentines day lol x

True t2g! I vote either start a day late or request valentines trinkets of the non-edible sparkly type!

I usually give up non-edible stuff for lent (I did trashy mags one year) but I feel since we are on a weightloss site that is what we should aim for. Chocolate is a good one because it really is a luxury not an essential and once you have a few days cold turkey its actually easy to avoid. Bread, or maybe cheese? Or sweets ? Icecream? Cake? Biscuits is another good one. Crisps? I have tried to steer clear of crisps anyway as they are my nemesis.

Anyway decisions decisions... until I make the final call, I better just report the delicious hazelnut kitkat chunky I had for lunch!

Think I might give up crisps! I couldn't give up chocolate at all, I love nothing more than an evening cuppa with some choccie. I only ever go for chocolate that is under 100 calories so I'm behaved in that way hehe. I've started to swap crisps for popcorn as its way more filling but I do sometimes cave in and go for crisps.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi dd, I'm ok thanks.

It is a lot more difficult staying at bfs parents house and I still don't know if I will be near my scales for WI on Thurs. I hopped on their bathroom ones last night and it said 9st8!!!!! but I know that they don't rely on them as accurate plus it was at night! But still!! think I will ignore all and only go by mine as even if the bottom line is wrong, I can still track lbs off accurately.

Yesterdays food

B
Cuppa 30
Belvita 232

L
Kitkat chunky hazelnut 260
Pumpkin seed ryvita 44

D
Charlie Bigham's Macaroni cheese 344
Charlie Bigham's chicken kiev 322
Salad 20

S
Chocolate coins 108

TOTAL 1340 :(

Not sure of steps as my fitbit syncing thing is at the flat and it doesn't work when I try and do it by bluetooth??
Also went to the gym for Body Balance (pilates/thai chi/yoga) but it was cancelled so did a bit of a halfhearted toning workout (situps/pushups etc) and 5min on the rowing machine.

Going tonight to boxing so should be much more sweaty and worthwhile!

enjoy the boxing!! and even tho u put a sad face the kiev and mac cheese sounds delish...!! is it tea time yet???!!! LOL x

Ha Jo - it was delish- havent had mac and cheese in sooo long. Boxing was AWESOME we have a new teacher and she is amazing, I hope she sticks around, as I really want to improve each week not just go back over the basics again and again with a new teacher. I really love it and she said I had good form and power, just need to work on my speed now. I haven't been wearing my HRM to the gym this year but I might tonight at circuits and also to boxing just to get an idea of what I am burning.

Yesterdays food........

B
Cuppa 30
Belvita 232

L
Pumpkin seed ryvita 88
Strawberries 42

D
Salmon fillet 270
Puy lentils 163
Green beans 14
Cherry tomatoes 9
Pineapple 90
M&S choc mousse 95

S
Cereal bar 115

TOTAL 1148 :D
Steps 11,000

One of my friends is selling a boxing bag (If that is what they are called!) only £15 with the brackets. I really want it but dunno where I'd drill it in!!

Ooh that sounds awesome Jo- but I am awful at buying fitness stuff then leaving it cluttering up the flat! I have one of those vibration plates getting in our way which I havent used for about 1.5 years!!

Didn't weigh this morning as didn't have my scales :( so unknown whether I made my Jan target- will just weigh either this weekend (if I like the result!) or leave it til next Thursday.

I was sooo hungry yesterday! Bfs parents had got me a gastro lasagne from M&S for dinner it was 660 cals! And quite small! I would rather have one of the fuller for longer/count on us range (the fish pie is amazing and 340 I think!) but beggars can't be choosers and I'll be back in my new kitchen soon eating lots of veg!

B
Cuppa 30
Belvita 232

L
Banana 95
Ryvita pumpkin seed 44
Raspberries 31

D
M&S lasagne 660
Green salad 15
Mini white magnum 170

S
Cookies and cream graze box 216
M&S mini jaffa cakes 125

TOTAL 1618 :(
I didn't go to the gym either! Got 9,500 steps done though.

Building work still ongoing so not as flat which means a) no scales and b) less control over food! Had an amazing weekend, lots of delicious food and boozy night on Saturday. Several people I saw over the weekend commented that I had lost a lot of weight :D

Am going to just continue on in a sort of maintenance type thing til next week when hopefully we should be back at home and I will have scales, be cooking for myself and be super strict through lent to try and get to 9st which is the next target.

Still not finished at flat!!!! Have been eating loads every day my appetite has gone bonkers & got back into the bad habit of boredom eating! Scared to face the scales. Going 100% on the straight & narrow clean eating, calorie control for lent - need to be 9 st at easter!

Welcome back berry!

Everyone would be the same in your situation Hun couldn't imagine being without my kitchen! Life
Would consist of far too many takeaways!!!

The lent challenge should help, I'm dreading no chocolate!!

Hi guys- kitchen is done- it was the painting/decorating of entire flat that is dragging on but should be finished this week. Problem is then that we want to do all the carpets as it just seems the best to get it all done whilst we are in this upheaval. Its driving me a bit nuts though especially as I have come down with an awful cold/flu thing - feeling really horrific and would definitely not be in the office except my boss appears to have the same thing and sneakily managed to stay at home before me so I really have to be here as we can't both be away from the office at the same time really. I have a temperature, blocked nose, ears keep popping, tickly throat, can't stop sneezing etc etc ARGH aware I am a moaning minny at the moment!!

However- lent starts today so even if I am not in my usual routine I need to get back into this. I am trying to cut down on my dairy to see if it has any effect as I have read loads of stuff about it doing wonders for people.

I think I have gained a few lbs since my last weigh in of 131 (9st 5) the scales at bfs house are hovering around the 9st 7 mark but I seem to remember these are a bit dodgy so they may be overestimating a bit. However I think just so I get properly back in the mindset I will just take whatever weight they show me as tomorrow morning as my restart weight and log it, and then I will be back to my scales by next Thursday SURELY!

I had been really good with the gym the last few weeks and totally back into my routine of classes, and I tried the Josie DVD at the weekend which was good but it was just as I was starting to come down with the flu so made me worse I think- going to take a week off all classes as way too weak for boxing/circuits plus don't want to infect everyone. However I am trying to walk a bit extra and get to 8,000 steps a day minimum.

I have been under 1000 cals Monday & Tuesday mostly owing to feeling so horrendous I haven't been hungry but its a blessing in disguise as its easing me back into the swing of things.

My bf has arranged a fancy meal out tonight (we don't like actual V-day ) and I am trying sooo hard to perk up enough to go as I don't want to have to cancel. I went to bed at 8.30 pm last night but barely slept at all so feel crud this morning.

Anyway I have my day nurse tablets, loads and loads of water and fruit so hopefully I will be able to go this evening and then not long til the weekend!

Day 1 of no chocolate- here we go! Have discovered 9bars - at Holland and Barrett they are basically wheat, gluten and dairy free seed bars topped with carob (which tastes like choc) they are so delicious and will def be my saviour if the choc cravings come. :)

Back