Berry's diary

Hi guys- kitchen is done- it was the painting/decorating of entire flat that is dragging on but should be finished this week. Problem is then that we want to do all the carpets as it just seems the best to get it all done whilst we are in this upheaval. Its driving me a bit nuts though especially as I have come down with an awful cold/flu thing - feeling really horrific and would definitely not be in the office except my boss appears to have the same thing and sneakily managed to stay at home before me so I really have to be here as we can't both be away from the office at the same time really. I have a temperature, blocked nose, ears keep popping, tickly throat, can't stop sneezing etc etc ARGH aware I am a moaning minny at the moment!!

However- lent starts today so even if I am not in my usual routine I need to get back into this. I am trying to cut down on my dairy to see if it has any effect as I have read loads of stuff about it doing wonders for people.

I think I have gained a few lbs since my last weigh in of 131 (9st 5) the scales at bfs house are hovering around the 9st 7 mark but I seem to remember these are a bit dodgy so they may be overestimating a bit. However I think just so I get properly back in the mindset I will just take whatever weight they show me as tomorrow morning as my restart weight and log it, and then I will be back to my scales by next Thursday SURELY!

I had been really good with the gym the last few weeks and totally back into my routine of classes, and I tried the Josie DVD at the weekend which was good but it was just as I was starting to come down with the flu so made me worse I think- going to take a week off all classes as way too weak for boxing/circuits plus don't want to infect everyone. However I am trying to walk a bit extra and get to 8,000 steps a day minimum.

I have been under 1000 cals Monday & Tuesday mostly owing to feeling so horrendous I haven't been hungry but its a blessing in disguise as its easing me back into the swing of things.

My bf has arranged a fancy meal out tonight (we don't like actual V-day ) and I am trying sooo hard to perk up enough to go as I don't want to have to cancel. I went to bed at 8.30 pm last night but barely slept at all so feel crud this morning.

Anyway I have my day nurse tablets, loads and loads of water and fruit so hopefully I will be able to go this evening and then not long til the weekend!

Day 1 of no chocolate- here we go! Have discovered 9bars - at Holland and Barrett they are basically wheat, gluten and dairy free seed bars topped with carob (which tastes like choc) they are so delicious and will def be my saviour if the choc cravings come. :)

I'm doing no choc for lent too!! And no scales!!! I'm 8lb away from 3 stone loss exactly so I want to be that or Close to that and then ill treat myself to an Easter egg! A very small one! I'm not starting till after v day I've got thorntons and m&s ones to demolish in one night and that's without the 2065 cal wine champagne and food!!!

Ohh YUM! Yes I am actually quite excited to give up choc as the easter egg at the end will be so much more special than my usual constant stream of mini eggs every single day haha!

Bf has informed me the resturant tonight is sushi, my fave and quite low cal :D and hopefully if I have loads of wasabi that will help my cold :) win win!!

AWWW i had sushi for lunch! im too scared to try the wasabi!! so always ends up in the bin. have a lovely night xxx

berry, here is the recipe for the veggie cottage pie! i would advise anyone to try! my hubby is a proper cave man when it comes to meat and even he loved it and empty plates from the kids too!!

makes 4 (big) adult portions

600g potatoes
500g buttnernut squash chunks
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
2 chopped carrots
300g meat free mince
400g can of tomatoes
150ml veg stock
2 tsp curry powder
100g mushrooms
1 courgette grated
2tsp cornflour
black pepper

1. cook potatoes and squash in pan for 20 mins
2.fry onion, garlic and carrots for 2-3 mins till soft
3. add mince, tomatoes and stock. stir in curry powder then add mushrooms and courgette. bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 mins. season with black pepper
4.preheat grill, mash potaotes and squash with some black pepper
5. blend cornflour with 1tbsp water and stir into mince mixture. spoon into baking dish and top with mash. grill for 8-10 mins till browned.

my adjustments:
-i used weight watchers spring onion frozen mash instead of the potatoes and squash topping.
-chopped the courgette rather than grating it
-didnt use the curry powder
- didnt need the cornflour the mixture was already quite thick.

Oh yum- I will definitely give that a go.

OK so restart weight this morning was 9st 6 or 132 lbs, I'm not convinced of the accuracy of the bf family scales but I'll go with it and see what my scales say next Thursday.

Still really really poorly which sucks, but hopefully I can knock it on the head this weekend.

Food yesterday...

B
Millicano coffee 0
Almond milk 48

L
Wholemeal bagel with scraping of peanut butter 400

D
Sushi dinner - estimate of 763
Non alcoholic mojito 110

S
2x soothers blackcurrant 31

TOTAL 1352
Steps 11,199

Bf suprised me by having cupcakes delivered to work yesterday- they were AMAZINGLY delicious. I had two red velvet ones which I am choosing to believe doesn't count as breaking no-chocolate lent??

B
Almond milk 48
Coffee 0

L
9Bar flax 209
Lola's cupcake 249

D
M&S flat iron steak 170
M&S green peas and cabbage 75
Home made potato dauphinois 344
Sauce made with 0% yogurt 95
Cupcake 249

TOTAL 1,439
STEPS 6,448

Hi Brolly, and thanks I'm glad you agree re red velvet :D

I have been really unwell all weekend, I think because I forced myself into the office last week I made myself worse. Managed to have the man come in to measure and quote on carpets, have also booked John Lewis to come and do it on Wednesday but I think they will probably be way more expensive.

Had an early night on Saturday but still poorly on Sunday - did my driving lesson which went well but gave myself a migraine from squinting in the sun and concentrating so hard !! Ended up back in bed at 3.30pm throwing up!! Not good.

Luckily woke up feeling better this morning THANK GOD although not strong enough for the gym yet.

Am finding lent really hard, I don't know if its a mix of TOTM and being ill but I am dying for chocolate. I have already had the cupcakes as mentioned AND I accidentally had an options hot choc so I'm sort of a failure already but going to keep trying... haven't had a full on chocolate bar as yet.

I have just ordered a massive Ocado delivery for tomorrow night as got sent some vouchers through so got loads and loads of fresh veg, fish and meat and bits and bobs to restock the kitchen. Will be able to have pack lunches again which be nice.

Really need to be back to 131 this Thursday as I have missed about a month where I should have been dropping a pound a week! Hopefully drawing a line under it and will get to mini target of under 130 before end of Feb.

You definitely haven't fallen off the Lent wagon. Just a wee hiccup with the hot choc :p.
Hope you see the result you want on the scales come Thursday! Good luck :)

Hot chocolate doesn't count!! Well I'm not counting it in my lent challenge, just choc I can eat is banned!!

Thanks guys- I am avoiding the tesco underneath work today as the easter chocs are just too tempting!!

Yesterday's food was.....

B
Cuppa 30

L
Smoked salmon mini sushi pack 115
Banana 95
Salt and vinegar squares 121

D
Waitrose extra lean mince 189
Hot chilli powder 1
Mushrooms 13
Red and yellow peppers 32
Tinned tomatoes 44
Tilda brown rice 173
Red kidney beans 105
Cheddar cheese 153
Guacamole 52
Fage 0% yogurt 57

Total food 1180
STEPS 9,380

Dinner was super delicious and cooked on new induction hob on new pan I got in tk maxx - worth £60 I paid £16.99 barg!!

The carpet people can fit me in tomorrow!! Amazing!! So excited the end is in sight! Going to have a busy night tonight trying to clear as much as possible into the bathroom/kitchen and also unpacking a humungous ocado delivery to restock the kitchen. Realy hope all goes to plan and should be back to normality by the weekend. HOORAY

Feeling a lot better but not 100% yet so going to leave the gym this evening and probably for the rest of the week just to make sure I'm back to full strength.

Had a super low day yesterday not planned but just turned out that way.

Basically got back and started shifting everything into our tiny kitchen/bathrooms to try and clear as much of the bedrooms, lounge, hall etc for carpet. Arsenal were playing so bf was not much help!!

I didn't realise I had organised for the Ocado delivery to come between 9.30 and 10.30 and had no food in so we were both starving til 10pm when the giant delivery arrived and I had to try and pack away amongst all the other crap from rooms which had been dumped in kitchen. Then I did not feel like cooking and was pissed off so did a salad (literally lettuce and tomatoes and flash fried a fresh tuna steak on top, dollop of coleslaw and some chile sauce). Was annoyed because it wasn't that tasty and was a waste of those gorgeous tuna steaks :( :(

That said, carpet people in today so fingers crossed all done by the time I get home. Then I can start to put things away properly and get back in the kitchen.

B
Cuppa 30

L
Biltong 120
Apple 72

D
Fresh tuna steak 204
Wahaca chile sauce 68
Salad (romaine lettuce and tomatoes) 87
Coleslaw 154
1x viennese biscuit 64 (oops! Has chocolate in it!)

TOTAL 799
STEPS 9,777

Arghhhhhh stupid people aren't finished and the man would not leave kept talking to me for ages and I was on my own it was really uncomfortable I think he was just being friendly but I felt awkward and really wanted him to go. Bloody hell still not finished I could have cried when he eventually left but instead I just ate crap loads!!!! Including 3 poppadoms, 2 biscuits and some Haagen daz on top of dinner.

Weigh in not looking promising tomorrow :(

129.8 this morn wohoooooooo
Made my first target!

Stupid carpet man is late! He said 8am I am going to be late to work again - not good.

Thanks Jo! :D I can't quite believe it. Will try and remember to take a body pic (shudder) soon to compare to the others I took before Christmas.

Having my hair done tonight HURRAH

Then those blimming carpets had better be finished and workmen out of my LIFE otherwise I am upping shop and buying a new build. Renovations are soooooooo annoying.

Going to add in yesterday's menu

B
Cuppa 30
4x viennese biscuits 256

L
Cherry tomatoes 15
Cucumber 30
Banana 95

D
Veg pakoras...
1 egg 70
0% yogurt 86