Berry's diary

Yes, "officially" on thursdays Donna - and so sorry I havent got back to you with the recipes that you asked for pretty hectic at the mo with work and not much time in the eves- but will do it as soon as I have a second x

image-763481924.jpg

Paprika Chicken wrap with sweet pot and chorizo 549 cals

Smoked paprika chicken breasts (waitrose) 247
Ocado large wrap 182
Sweet pot wedges 234
Chorizo 46
0% yogurt 57
Salad 17

OK so weighed in, up to 136 WTFFFFFFFFFFFF :( so annoyed. I am beginning to think all those things saying make sure you don't go below 1200 and always eat back your exercise cals are a load of codswallop because it is definitely not working for me. I was almost on point for my weekly goal last week (49 over) and yet +1.5 lb? Really really pissed off. I guess I just carry on focus on healthy eating again and keep trying. I'm never going to lose this last stone at this rate.

Last edited:
u r doing great and of course this last stone will go xxx

Thanks t2g xxx I don't know whats going wrong (well I do know exactly- chocolate)

Had the day from hell yesterday at work and so ate a 100g fruit and nut on the walk home from the tube :( :( totally stupid because eating going along so didn't even savour it. Need to stop this now.

Dinner was absolutely delicious though was so stressed out I dinner take a pic but will do next time, here is the recipe....

Prawn and chickpea creamy massaman curry
Chickpeas 80g 88
Frozen raw king prawns 100g 71
Red onion 19
Thai taste massaman red curry paste 1tbsp 14
Mangetout 35
Coconut milk (get Biona Organic - it is AMAZING - SO DELICIOUS beats all others I have tried) 171
Coriander & red chilli to garnish 5

Thats 403 cals for a really substantial portion (I had two bowls from that) I served it with on top of a handful of baby spinach and two spoonfuls of tilda coconut rice so about 500-550 for the whole meal and it was seriously scrumptious and creamy. Oh and I also stirred a tsp of this fresh peanut butter I got from wholefoods through the sauce which added to it also. YUM YUM YUM

Anyway massively stressed with work and feeling really crap about weight, was so close to getting a coffee and croissant but I have dinner plans this evening and I just thought, lets be realistic, that will only make things WORSE, just wait til I have a loss or two and then treat myself to it for Friday breakfast. So instead I have a cup of tea teeny bit of milk in it, danio strawberry yogurt and a frusli cereal bar.

Your dinners always look and sound amazing it just seems to be the stuff on the run that trips you up could you make some healthy things to stick in your bag for the journey home choc dipped strawberries or blueberries so uh he the choc hit and can just stick a few in your gob while you rushing for the train with out doing to much damage

View attachment 85939
Paprika Chicken wrap with sweet pot and chorizo 549 cals
Smoked paprika chicken breasts (waitrose) 247
Ocado large wrap 182
Sweet pot wedges 234
Chorizo 46
0% yogurt 57
Salad 17

OK so weighed in, up to 136 WTFFFFFFFFFFFF :( so annoyed. I am beginning to think all those things saying make sure you don't go below 1200 and always eat back your exercise cals are a load of codswallop because it is definitely not working for me. I was almost on point for my weekly goal last week (49 over) and yet +1.5 lb? Really really pissed off. I guess I just carry on focus on healthy eating again and keep trying. I'm never going to lose this last stone at this rate.
You should win awards for your dinners - they look amazing!!!

I have decided that the body is a bit like a man - you finally get your head around it then it changes direction and you are back to square one!

When I first did Calorie Counting 23 years ago (ouch) my start weight was 11st 4 and I got down to 9st 2lbs - I was on 1,250 calories the whole time - i did no exercise but I did walk a lot - prob about 2 miles a day and dancing in clubs at weekend (always loved a good dance), I joined a gym but just didn't enjoy so cancelled my membership - I swum occasionally I think - none of my exercise was muscle building - so...are you eating enough to sustain you and your exercise?

I have stopped eating inbetween meals - if I feel hungry - I make myself a cup of hot water with a squirt of lemon juice or a glass of water - if I still feel hungry I eat a piece of fruit but 9/10 i don't need it I'm thirsty not hungry

Have low cal snacks in your bag in case you get caught - alpen bars - i think 68 cals each?banana, tubs of fruit (grapes, strawberries, orange) - or make up a salsa and eat with carrot sticks - once you eat something naughty like a bit of choc the craving for more begins and popping into the coffee shop on the way to work becomes a habit

Do you measure yourself? if not start now - I bet you are losing inches - remember muscle weighs more than fat

The body sometimes plateauxs - you have lost a huge amount of weight - hang in there

Only weigh yourself once a week at the same time wearing similar clothes - ie first thing in morning when you are in your pjs

Finally....drink more and relax - you are doing so well, don't let the body control your mind - you are a beautiful, slim, healthy, intelligent lady - and so inspirational and supportive of the rest of us - we will all get to our goals together xx

have a lovely day berry xxx

View attachment 85962
Seen this and thought of you!!
Oh I wonder if I could do that - probably not 50 but I could start with 10 a day couldn't I? would love a juicy bum lol
Hey Berryberry, your food looks as dlish as ever :) Just keep going I'm sure the weight loss will kick in again, I'm kind of stuck myself!!
Berry & Cas it will start sifting again - just hang in there
Your dinners always look and sound amazing it just seems to be the stuff on the run that trips you up could you make some healthy things to stick in your bag for the journey home choc dipped strawberries or blueberries so uh he the choc hit and can just stick a few in your gob while you rushing for the train with out doing to much damage
Sound advice x

Thanks d & d - thats really kind of both of you and I appreciate the support.

Definitely good advice about having something in my bag and also not having any choc at home for when my resolve softens in the evenings.

I think I am eating enough to sustain my exercise because although I don't add it into MFP if I go to a gym class or put a run in, I do always keep my fitbit on and sync it every day and usually eat back the cals that gives me if I'm up around 10,000 steps or more.

I should start measuring, I'm a bit lazy like that its just quicker to hop on the scales in the morning, but I will try and remember and also take a pic of my tummy as I have a couple I took in Jan I think.

Going to enjoy the meal out tonight with friends, its out "club" where on a monthly basis we go out and one of the group organises the resturant anywhere in central London we haven't been before. Its always really fun, and it was my bf's turn and he won't even reveal to me where we are going, so looking forward to catching up with everyone and some tasty food. Not going to have any choc over the weekend and will be on best behaviour next week. You guys are right I CAN DO THIS I just need to keep on going and I'll get there eventually (I HOPE) xx

DAY 1 of clean eating down

B
Cuppa 30
Frusli cereal bar 117

L
Homemade fruit salad with kiwi, pineapple, strawberry, baby fig and cucumber plus sprinkling of flaked almonds 210
1 rice cake 30
Peanut butter 77

D
Puy lentils and quinoa 222
Chorizo and kidney bean stew type thing 505 (est, my dad made it as he is staying with us this week and I was home late, but I think thats a safe estimate as he used ingredients already there so can only have been tinned toms, kidney beans, mushrooms, courgette, chorizo and onion.
Banana 95

TOTAL 1,286
STEPS 10,666

NET 967

Day 2 Clean eating

B
Cuppa 30
Frusli bar 117

L
Cucumber and tziki 110
Blueberries 53
Raspberries 41

D
Tuna fishcakes with roasted veg and a stuffed pepper...
Red pepper 32
Cottage cheese 110
Butternut squash 24
Red onion 19
Spinach 15
Tuna in spring water 89
Asparagus 20
2x eggs 176

Fruit salad 245
Small portion of cookie dough icecream (oops not so clean) 275
Options hot choc 39

TOTAL 1,395
STEPS 9,490

NET 1,072

Went for a very quick run after work as I was only on about 6,000 steps so that boosted me up a bit and created a bigger deficit. Still eating much more calories than I was back in Jan when I was losing 1lb a week, but I'll trust MFP for the time being and see how it goes. Just having a fruit salad (pineapple, grapes, strawbs, figs & kiwi) today before birthday dinner this evening when I will be having a prawn and avocado salad NOT A PIZZA. Hopefully I can stick to it, looked at some photos of me in a bikini last September, I looked horrible...prob won't be much improvement by the holiday in 2 weeks time but my next one at end of June gives me time to make a real difference.

Tramshed in Shoreditch- it was INSANELY good- I had roast chicken with chips and a salted caramel fondue thing for pud... mmmmm

So Day 3 clean eating...sort of... I had a friend's birthday dinner at a pizza place, I had a salad but I did have some birthday cake. No alcohol all night though -HALO-

WI this morning, 135.4 so at least not another gain- onwards and downwards as they say.......:)

B
Cuppa 30

L
Fruit salad with
Strawberries 32
Pineapple 44
Fig 23
Grapes 64
Kiwi 18

D
Blue cheese, apple and walnut salad ...... estimate 560, it was small and had mustard dressing but it also had two small pieces of parmesan flatbread with it.
Mars bar rice crispie birthday cake ...estimate 510
2x mini strawberry iced donuts (they were gross ) 120

TOTAL 1,401
STEPS 10,899

NET 1,073

In the green every day so far, hope I can keep this up. So tired really looking forward to holiday.

Your food diarys look great and the numbers looking good I think you on for a good loss , mine has stalled for the last month not really shifted much but think I am on for a good one this week

Thanks DD I hope things starting moving back downwards on the scales. I have 2week hol coming up so will be good to keep away from the numbers and it should be healthy food and bit of exercise.

Yesterdays food.....

B
Cuppa 30
Frusli bar 117

L
Diet coke 1
Fruit salad 210

D
Made a turkey mince sweet pot topped shepherds pie, it was good but the sweet pot mash is too sweet for my liking, I prefer sweet pot fries/wedges. Values are for 1/2 recipe and I actually ate a little bit less than that.
Turkey mince 295
Mushrooms 56
Red onion 19
Courgette 18
Tinned toms 44
Lea and perrins 5
Sweet pot 163
Cottage cheese 37
Grana padano 48
Brocolli 75

Cornetto mini x2 350

TOTAL 1,468
STEPS 11,117

NET 1,108

I got my steps in by walking home from a tube further away (up a steep hill) chatted to a friend on the way and the time sped by. When I got home I did a 20min workout using a new app I downloaded its really handy, mixture of cardio,squats, arms, abs etc.

Not sure what to have for dinner this eve but going to try really really really hard not to go into "weekend mode" and mess up my green week so far.

Tramshed in Shoreditch- it was INSANELY good- I had roast chicken with chips and a salted caramel fondue thing for pud... mmmmm
oh will have to look into that restaurant as inlaws live in Bethnal Green, so could be a date night for me and Paul - salted caramel..lush!

well done for staying in the green, you deserve a loss this weigh in xxx

Back