Berry's diary

Yes it was hard DD especially as I wasn't very prepared hence the snack a jacks from tesco at lunch! On my next 500 day (Wednesday) I will try and have the sushi snackpack (115 cals) instead at lunch with some fruit, probably raspberries as low cal. Soup was good for dinner as its portion controlled, takes a while to eat and fills me up but once I get into the swing I reckon a piece of fish or chicken with loads of brocolli would also be good. It helped that I went to bed super early last night as so shattered from hols as I think it will be hard not to pick in the evenings. Will give it another go on Wednesday though and try to stick to it for at least a month and see what the results are. It is a pretty sustainable, flexible method I guess as you can shuffle the days around to suit and as its still calorie counting its very simple and nothing is banned or anything. Looking forward to some homemade meatballs this evening though, going to stick to 1200 cals.

Sounds really difficult, I have the weight watchers soups the chicken noodle is only 51cals so good for low days

Wow well done on day 1!! Don't think I could do it! :)

Hi guys, my second 500 day today- fingers crossed I can make it! Not doing exercise other than walking this week as too busy to get out of work at lunch and staying late/tired afterward. I did do the long walk back from the tube yesterday though so got up to 9,000 steps on fitbit but I am not eating back exercise cals for a while to see if that helps spur things on. Feeling ok about my day today so far. Have had a cup of tea with a splash of milk so far, the rest of the morning is just green tea and water, then an apple around 2 or 3pm if I am desperate. For dinner I am planning monkfish fillet with sauteed brocolli, courgettes and spinach and possibly a hot choc.
Feeling quite motivated and really hope I can stick to this and get some good results before my next holiday in September.

[STRIKE]MON (514)
[/STRIKE]
Cup of tea 30
Snack a jacks 106
Granny smith apple 80
Covent garden soup 258
Highlights hot choc 40

[STRIKE]TUE (1,278)
[/STRIKE]
Cuppa 30
Nature valley oats and honey 190
Sushi pack 115
Blueberries 102
(Home made meatballs in tom sauce...)
Tinned toms 44
Parmesan 60
Spinach 15
Red onion 19
Small portion of spaghetti 170
Cottage cheese 110
Pork mince 253
Mini magnum 170

WED (500)
THU (1200-1350)
FRI (1200-1500)
SAT (1500-2000)
SUN (1200-1350)

Found yesterday a lot harder than Monday, I ate more than 500 gross calories but my net position from fitbit was still below 500 so hopefully it just about balanced out- fingers crossed! I got up to just under 10,000 steps. Going to try and wait til next Thurs before 1st weigh in to give it a fair go, officially recording losses at the 1st of each month. Still feeling positive but need to keep my head screwed on this weekend as thats usually when it all goes AWOL!

MON TARGET 500
(514 gross 252 net)

TUE TARGET 1200
(1278 gross 1085 net)

WED TARGET 500
(686 gross 387 net)
Salt and vinegar squares 121
Cherries 138
Pink lady apple71
Monkfish 138
Brocolli 45
Courgette 18
Soy sauce 24
Egg noodles 132

THU TARGET 1200-1350
FRI TARGET 1200-1500
SAT TARGET 1500-2000
SUN TARGET 1200-1350

Yesterday went well, but my fitbit isn't syncing to MFP which is annoying! My salad for lunch was hilarious as the beetroot turned the cottage cheese neon pink so it was really girly looking (and delicious!) also dinner was scrumptious so I am going to have it again this evening as my boyfriend has a work party so won't be around for dinner. Just had friday breakfast of pan au chocolat and skinny cappuccino and planning sushi for lunch, my plan in MFP is <1500 so on track at the moment and determined not to Friday-Night-Binge! Reading an e-book from kindle on 5:2 and feeling in the zone.

MON TARGET 500
(514 gross 252 net)

TUE TARGET 1200
(1278 gross 1085 net)

WED TARGET 500
(686 gross 387 net)

THU TARGET 1200-1350
(1,486 gross - net unknown fitbit not working)
Cuppa 30
Chocolate cupcake 287

Tasty salad for lunch...
Rocket 14
Cherry toms 6
Hard boiled egg 78
Cottage cheese 42
Chicken 120
Beetroot 11

Stuffed pepper and tuna burger YUM
Red pepper 16
Mushrooms 56
Tuna in spring water 88
Egg 33
Israeli giant cous cous 94
White pitta 150
Cottage cheese 73
Rocket 28

Muesli 190
Mini magnum 170
FRI TARGET 1200-1500
SAT TARGET 1500-2000
SUN TARGET 1200-1350

Well don't for the week !! I am sure you can get through the weekend stick with it !

Thanks! Ate quite a bit this weekend but trying to remember the 5:2 rules mean that it ok within reason.

MON TARGET 500
(514 gross 252 net)

TUE TARGET 1200
(1278 gross 1085 net)

WED TARGET 500
(686 gross 387 net)

THU TARGET 1200-1350
(1,486 gross - net unknown fitbit not working)

FRI TARGET 1200-1500
(1,828 gross - 1,444 net)

SAT TARGET 1500-2000
(1,972 gross - 1,623 net)

SUN TARGET 1200-1350
(1,928 gross - net 1,798)

So Friday I had a crossiant and cappuccino for breakfast which were delish, a healthy small sushi lunch but also a glass of white wine, for dinner I had tuna burgers in pitta with rocket. I also had some muesli as a snack and some chocolate in the evening at home.

Saturday we had friends staying so I had crossiant, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I then did race for life in the blistering heat!!! Had a large 99 icecream afterward. During the day we went to a cider festival at the pub, but as I had a headache from the run, I stuck to pints of lime & soda and 2 G&Ts. We went to a carribean resturant for dinner where I had a couple of glasses of wine with my food (salt fish and ackee YUM). I snacked on some chocolate through the day and ate a bagel with peanut butter at 2am when we got home from dancing! EEk- but I did do the run and a lot of walking.

Sunday- had granola for breakfast but quite a big portion. We had a massive BBQ in the day but I was rushing around so didn't actually eat too much, had one sausage in a bit of baguette and about 1/3 of a cheese burger. Lots of Pimms! In the evening my bf and I shared a shop bought pizza express margherita and some minstrels!

Definitely not a restrained weekend but I enjoyed it and didn't eat to the point of feeling too full so am hoping I will still get a loss this week. I am on fast day today (500 cals) planning on having tea and water throughout the day til early afternoon then an apple and for dinner some mushrooms and courgettes with either chicken or fish (whatever I can rustle up from the freezer).

Feeling hungry so thought I would quickly do a summary of last week to keep me on track.

AVERAGE GROSS CALORIE COUNT OVER THE WEEK 1,384 - will aim to lower this to <1300 from this weeks average, but that should still produce a loss hopefully!

Had 2 cups of tea, lots of water and an apple so far today. Planning on having prawns, mushrooms, courgette and soy sauce for dinner with a tiny bit of rice. Hungry and looking forward to it. Got an hour or so more at work, then will take the long route home to get my steps up to 10,000 hopefully. Need to brush my teeth after dinner and keep strong - must be strict today and remember I won't be feeling hungry tomorrow.

Your doing brill and it must make trreats taste extra yummy tho I don't know how u can make minstrels more yummy!! X

Thanks Jo x annoyed this morn as peeked on scales and was up 2lbs!! What the hell? After a 500 cal day.

Monday 500 cal day
10 am
Cuppa 30

3.30pm
Pink lady apple 71
Diet coke 1

8pm
Mushrooms 56
Courgette 18
King prawns 142
Tilda coconut rice 122
Soy sauce and seasame seeds 74

Highlights fudge 40

TOTAL 554
STEPS 10,254
NET 201

Annoyed the scales were up from Thursday this morning despite a fast yesterday :( Going to try and keep today to 1,200 calories and hit the gym at lunch for a run if I can get out of work. I have made a chicken caesar salad for my lunch at approx 350 cals and about to have a nature valley granola thing and tea for brekkie. That leaves 722 gross cals for the day, plenty. Going to Selfridges after work with bf so will walk there from work which will ramp up my steps to at least 10,000.

I am pretty sure my dinner last night was under 450 cals as I had probably two tablespoons of the rice on top of spinach, lots of the veg which was only cooked in a tsp of olive oil and water, the prawns which again used a teeny bit of oil, soy sauce and a smidgen of honey. Seasonings used: salt, pepper, chilli flakes and a bit of Franks Hot Sauce. I served in a small bowl so I don't think it can of been much higher even if my estimates are a bit out? However on my fast tomorrow I might just have something packaged so I am 100% sure of the calories- thing is that is a) not as tasty or filling or healthy and b) means I have to do something separate for my bf... hmmm decisions

What is going on with you? Cannot understand why your weight is going up ? D

Me neither T2G! Oh well. Get keep trucking I guess. I am having invisalign fitted in the coming months so hoping that will help the losses as you have to wear them at least 22 hrs a day and can only drink water with them in! ha!

Didn't stick to 1,300 gross cals yesterday :( but my fitbit steps were 18,000 which did net me back down into the green at 1,230. If I really stick to my 500 day today I should still lose by the "rules" of 5:2 but we'll see!

Tuesday
B
Cuppa 30
Nature valley bars 190

L
Home made chicken caeasar salad 358
Maltesers bar 186

D
Wahaca guacamole and chips 250
Wahaca pork pibil 310
Wahaca chicken salad (calories unknown but estimate 600)

TOTAL GROSS CALORIES 1,924
STEPS 17,599
NET POSITION FROM MFP 1,230

500 day today. Going to be really strict. I have a highlights hot choc sachet for "breakfast" then tea and water all day. 1 punnet of raspberries in the afternoon (34 cal). Then in the evening having 1 chicken thigh (baked in the oven) and salad. Thursday will be 1,300 gross cals or below. I have the work summer party but usually the wine is horrid anyway so will have 1 glass max and leave early.

Made it til now on only green tea, lady grey and 1x highlights hot choc + loads of water! No food whatsoever!
Planning on chicken and salad tonight. I CAN DO THIS

i fancy trying the 5:2 diet when I've had the baby, so am interested to see how you do on it, bet the low days are hard though, but bet you feel fantastic when you've got through it, enjoy your tea.x

Made it til now on only green tea, lady grey and 1x highlights hot choc + loads of water! No food whatsoever!
Planning on chicken and salad tonight. I CAN DO THIS

Yes u can x

Hey Saz- give it a go. I think the fast days really vary... to be fair I've only done 4 so far! But sometimes they are relatively easy like yesterday I didn't feel hungry til the evening but last week I was starving all day from waking which was a really struggle. I find the evenings super difficult and find it best to have my meal as soon as possible getting home (avoid any post work munching) and then have a hot choc and brush my teeth immediately/paint my nails and usually go to bed quite a bit earlier to avoid the fridge. It does help knowing you can have whatever you want for breakfast the next day (within reason) and usually have a normal appetite the next day not totally ravenous. HOWEVER losses haven't been great so far but I'll give it a month and see what happens, I personally need to keep focused on my weekends as thats my downfall.

Wednesday - 500 day

6.30am - 8pm
Cuppa 30
Highlights caramel hot choc 40

8pm - chicken salad
Chicken thigh 200g 300
Dunn's river seasoning 20
Cherry toms 9
Beetroot 11
Spinach 20
Splash of pizza express light dressing 10

6 small squares of Green&Blacks dark choc 110

TOTAL GROSS CALORIES 550
FITBIT STEPS 9,327
NET 301

Weighed in this morning 137.6lbs so 2.4lbs off since the start of the month. Would be ideal if could make 135lbs for the 1st August weigh in. Fingers crossed.
Doing my very very best to stay 1,200-1,300 gross cals today. Having strawberries for breakfast, sushi at lunch and then have the work summer party this evening. However planning on one small glass of wine and then heading home and making a filo spinach pie thing for dinner, estimates for the day so far is 993 on MFP so gives me 300 cal leeway.

I really really need to start exercising again, my arms & stomach had improved so much when I was at the gym regularly so I am dedicating myself to 30 Day Shred from Monday NO EXCUSES

I've accidentally fallen back into up and down days first one was an accident but today is a choice thing. Turned down ice cream and crisps the lot but I am starving! Don't know if I can make it till tomorrow argh

Alternative Up Day Down Day is HARD I am struggling doing two down days let alone more! Its so annoying how sometimes hunger doesn't come at all and others I am ravenous all day!

Yesterday's 1200-1300 cal limit went out the window as I stayed longer at the party than I envisaged so finished the day at just under 2,000 :( OOPS!! Weighed this morn and was a STS from Thurs. Need to stick to less than 1500 today though as I know Saturday will likely be 2,000 as its my friend's bday so we are having a big BBQ and pub crawl.

Had my moulds taken for invisalign yesterday- v exciting!

Ok so last week summary........ gross and (net) calories

Mon 554 (235)
Tue 1,924 (1,245)
Wed 550 (324)
Thu 2,080 (1,988)
Fri 2,146 (1,741)
Sat 2,244 (1,408)
Sun 1,774 (1,257)

TOTAL 1,610 (1,171)

OK my up days are WAY too high gross cals :(

A new week so will try to do better this time. Today is 500 cal day. Planning on tea and water til 2/3pm then I have 100g celery and for dinner an omelette or tuna salad.

Back