Berry's diary

Hi berry well done for. Seeing it through , all plans take a while to get your head round, I did look at that plan but worried I would majorly binge on the up days as I so have tendencies to scoff food I don't need

Did my 500 yest wohoo! Tea and water then a tuna salad & mars icecream in the evening 497. Have been uber busy at work today so only had sushi snack pack and a skinny cappuccino so far.. approx 250 cals. Having tuna salad again this eve at a friends house.

DD you are right I think I was binging too much on the "up" days. Really trying to work out something that works for me where I can eat 2,000 or so 2 days a week though as that fits my social life best without feeling I am depriving myself or being boring etc.

Glad it's settling into a better routine for you looking forward to seeing your results this week

Thanks dd how are you feeling??

So another 500 day today- I have planned tea & water all day and a punnet of raspberries(34 cal) if I get desparate. This evenings plan is a sainsbury petit pain (122) with a sainsbury taste the diff sausage (127) and salad, a kind of BBQ hotdog type thing, will probably eat in the garden as this weather is soooo beautiful.

Yesterday was pretty good

B
Cuppa 15

L
Smoked salmon sushi snack 115
Cappuccino 74
Donut 220

D
Large tuna nicoise (made by friend but had proper tuna steak, green beans, rocket, cherry toms, 1 egg, 3 or 4 new potatoes, capers and olives with a drizzle of dressing) 510
Strawberries & cream 178

TOTAL GROSS CALORIES 1,112
STEPS 11,643
NET CALORIES ACCORDING TO MFP 717

Lovely you sound like you are getting the meal plans together and your food sounds yummy I feel fine today thanks

WOHOO 135.8lbs this morning so 4.2lbs lost over 3 weeks (since 1st July) not amazing but better than nothing :D

Had SUCH a good 500 cal day yesterday...

Cuppa 30
Water water water
1/2 can of Coke zero 1

Then for dinner I had a hot dog and salad- it was SO DELICIOUS especially in this weather, I did it in the oven but it tasted like BBQ

1 part baked petit pain 122
1 Taste the difference sausage 127
Ketchup & mustard 36
Spinach & rocket 30
Cottage cheese 73
Cherry tomatoes 22
Onion 19

Then had a highlights fudge hot choc 40

TOTAL GROSS CALORIES 501
STEPS 9,312
NET FROM MFP 238

Have a client lunch today but its at a seafood restuarant so can hopefully get something healthy and low cal. This evening planning on a greek salad probably and some cous cous.

Thanks dd!! Now just need to focus and get that down to 130 as soon as possible! Dinner was SO good and on a 500 day !! Craziness!

Haven't been doing any strength exercise... only walking and the occasional run so definitely need to get back into it but I can't bare to go to the dingy gym when the weather is so nice outside!

Had an ok weekend foodwise- not much alcohol but too much icecream!!

Weekly breakdown

Mon
Gross 497 Net 270

Tue
Gross 1,112 Net 732

Wed
Gross 500 Net 274

Thu
Gross 1,678 Net 1,178

Fri
Gross 1,904 Net 1,210

Sat
Gross 2,284 Net 1,653

Sun
Gross 2,078 Net 1,849

AVERAGE TOTAL
Gross 1,436 Net 1,023

Next week aim is to keep weekly gross average under 1,350.

500 day today- so concentrating hard as not long til end of the month and I want to maximise my losses by then.

Planning on water and tea throughout the day also have a hot choc sachet (40 cals) and a special k bar (95) if I am desperate. Not sure what I am having this evening as fridge is bare before Ocado delivery tomorrow evening. Probably salad with some feta and maybe some quinoa or cous cous but I find those a bit hard to portion control on 500 days so we will see!

Oh my god, yesterdays meal was SO delicious. Definitely making it again asap. I did a butternut squash and feta filo pie. It was so easy. Just shoved red onion, garlic, butternut squash, cherry tomatoes, courgette into a lasagne dish with splash of olive oil, chilli flakes, black pepper and mixed italian herbs. Then bake the lot for 1/2 hour ish until its basically cooked, then add blanched spinach, some feta and some grated parmesan. Then scrunch some filo sheets over the top and pop back in the oven for 10-15mins til the pastry is golden. It was SOOOOO good and super easy.

Monday
Cuppa 15
Fudge hot choc 40
Rice cakes x2 60

Filo pie
Greek light salad cheese 114
Spinach 30
Filo sheet 144
Red onion 19
Courgette 9
Butternut squash 64
Cherry tomatoes 9

TOTAL 504 CALORIES
STEPS 9,272
NET 214

Tuesday food:

B
Cuppa 30
Special k chewy delight choc 95

L
Raspberries 34
Tuna and salmon sushi from itsu 160

D
Rose wine x2 glass 254
Pork mince 253
Tinned toms 44
Red onion 19
Kidney beans 96
Celery 14
Spinach 7
Quinoa 120

Strawberries 56
Meringue nest 52
Cream 71

TOTAL 1,290
STEPS 9,506
NET 1,026

Really tasty dinner, spicy pork chilli YUM. Had a massive online food shop delivery so stocked up now. Managed to keep to <1350 which is good even with a trip to the pub and some wine!

500 day today, feeling ok so far. Planning fishcake, salad and rice this evening.

image-1119260628.jpg

Gone over gross cals by adding halloumi to my salad but still under with net calories from fitbit, so hopefully will still lose.

Spinach 30
Crispy pollock fishcakes 198
Cherry toms 9
Cottage cheese 73
Onion 10
Halloumi 164

485 and I also had 2x ricecakes and a chewy Special K bar in the day (155) plus a tea (15)

So total gross 654 but net with my >9,000 steps is 370

Didn't lose!! +0.6lb! 136.4 this morning....... am beginning to get a bit dubious about 5:2... am still down from the start of the month so will keep going but concentrating hard on calorie counting the whole time and only 1 day off a week as opposed to the usual 3!!!

Weekly summary....

Mon
Gross 504, Net 232

Tue
Gross 1,290 Net 1,058

Wed
Gross 939, Net 692

Thu
Gross 1,452 Net 1,129

Fri
Gross 1,643 Net 1,230

Sat
Gross 1,919 Net 1,919

Sun
Gross 1,802 Net 1,802

AVERAGES
Gross 1,364 Net 1,151

I honestly don't think I could manage the whole 5:2 thing. At least you are still down overall, you are doing so well!

Hi Erin! I find Monday fasts are easy as I've always had lots to eat on Sunday and work is usually uber busy. If I can make it through to the evening I am usually ok as you can have a pretty decent meal for 500 cals.

Yesterday I had 2x cups of tea and then 2.5 ltr water throughout the day.

Evening meal was a veggie omlette with so much veg it barely held together!

Omlette = 355 calories
2 medium eggs 132
Mushrooms 56
Red onion 19
Cheddar cheese 130
Courgette 18

2x viennese choc biscuit 128

TOTAL 498

Keeping today to under 1,200. Official month end weigh in is on Thursday. I am hoping for 4lbs off at least.

So yesterday I went out for a work lunch, I had a piece of sour dour bread then a swordfish nicoise salad which had 1 hardboiled egg and 1 newpotato (rip off!). I also had 1.5 glasses of wine and a nibble of cheese and crackers. I estimated 757 and I think this should cover it all. Really annoyed this morning as they have asked me for £50 toward the bill!!! My meal was only £20 and I has barely any wine compared to the others around me who sunk in excess of a bottle each! SO annoying but can't be bothered for a hooha so I'll just cough up later. :(

For breakfast yesterday I had a Medley bar from McVities which was tasty and then as I was full from lunch I just had a bowl of muesli for dinner so I finished on 1,270 according to MFP.

Fast day today. Had a hot choc for breakfast (40) then tea and water all day til dinner which will be fishcakes, a stuffed flat mushroom and salad. Have our Ocado delivery tonight so have to be super duper disciplined and not have an icecream or anything from that til tomorrow.

Its my 1st official weigh in tomorrow morning since starting 5:2 on 1st July. I will be happy with anything below 136 which will equate to around a lb a week loss which is an alright pace for me. If I continued through August then I would hopefully be at 130ish by the start of September (I go on hols on the 9th Sept).

I like 5:2 at the moment, its flexible and the fast day on a Monday is *almost* enjoyable. Still working on improving my weekends but overall I think I am doing ok. Have done barely any exercise bar walking recently though, am almost looking forward to Autumn and getting back in the gym. We got two new kittens last week so I haven't been able to take a lunch hour as I've wanted to leave the office as early as poss in the evenings but hopefully as things settle down I could start running at lunchtime again. Definitely want to pick up the Shred or my gym classes again to add in strength/toning.

Uh oh feeling huuuungry! Made do with water, a diet coke and chewing gum all day. Can't wait for fishcakes, stuffed mushroom and salad YUM YUM YUM only a few hours to go

Back