Berry's diary

Hi Anna!

So after 1 month of 5:2 I have lost 4.6lbs.

Weighed in this morning at 135.4 its not humungous losses but over all thats around a lb a week which is fine by me! I should be back down to 130 by September fingers crossed.

Yesterday's fast day dinner was SO delicious.

Jamie oliver fishcakes 181
Salad with spinach, cherry toms and rocket 43
2x large flat mushrooms (16) stuffed with 1tbsp cottage cheese (97) and sprinkled with cheddar cheese (94) baked in the oven.

Really really tasty and filling :D

I'm going out to dinner tonight but will try and make sensible choice, plus I have a course all day so won't get any time to snack.

That's great it's a steady loss I would be pleased with that !! Dinner sounds yum where did you find the Jamie Oliver fish cakes ?

Thanks dd . Did you have a nice bday? I got them in waitrose, they are tasty and if you have the smaller size from the 4 pack you can have two for less than 200 cals.

That's great I will look out for them haven't had fish cakes for ages, birthday was lovely I was on jury service so spent most of it in court lol

That's a good overall loss - you are so close to 130 now!!

OK monday fast!!!!! Feeling quite peckish already :rolleyes: UH OH. Will just keep guzzling water til home time. Planning on fishcake and salad for dinner as usual and a hot choc if I need something sweet.

Last weeks summary.....

Mon
498 (316)

Tue
1,270 (1,170)

Wed
502 (412)

Thu
1,455 (1,007)

Fri
1,674 (1,160)

Sat
2,000 (1,766)

Sun
1,680 (1,578)

WEEKLY AVERAGES
1,297 (1,058)

My average is getting lower :D Need to keep this up!

Last edited:
Ha how did it go Anna? I am finding them easier as I go along, although Mondays are always better than Wednesdays.

So yesterday I ate:

Tea 30
Diet coke 1
Strawberries 73

Dinner:
Jamie Oliver fish cake 157
Baby leaf spinach 34
Cherry tomatoes 9
Spring onion 6
Cottage cheese 73
Potato wedges x4 94

Highlights hot choc 40

TOTAL 516

Argh so fast day again- comes around so quickly!! I always find Wednesdays hard so hoping I can make it through today ok.

Yesterday's food.....

B
Cuppa 30
Mcvities medley bar 138

L
Biltong 120
Raspberries 61
Special k Chewy delight bar 95

D
Turkey meatballs
Tinned toms 44
Red onion 19
Mushrooms 56
Broccoli 45
Turkey breast mince 285

S
Muesli 285
Mars icecream 139

TOTAL 1,317

134.6 lbs this morning wohoo! 9 st 8! Only 4.6 lb to 1st goal and only 8 to 9st!!

I was SO HUNGRY last night, I went over 500 cals but managed to still keep as low as poss. Our ocado delivery came so it was torture not being able to have anything!

I was hungry from the morning so knew it was going to be difficult like Wednesdays always are for me!

I ate.....

Cuppa 30
Special k bar 95
Diet coke 1

For dinner I had tuna fish cakes and broccoli
1 can tuna 177
1 egg 66
Steamed brocolli 70

Then I was so hungry I had a mug of muesli 190

TOTAL 629

Going to keep low for lunch and breakfast as meeting friends in soho later and we are planning on going for gelato YUM!

Had haagen daz for dinner last night! :eek: but since I had a reasonably low day and no actual dinner in addition so should be ok calorie wise. Felt pretty sick though!

Took my kittens to the vet this morning to be speyed and neutered :( am so worried about them! Probably in the operating theatre around now :(

Want to get out of work 5pm sharp and go and get them back home.

Might have soup for lunch not sushi as I feel a bit poorly and cold today. Roll on 5pm!

Ate SO MUCH this weekend... and most of it utter crap! Defo won't be losing this week :( Fasting today and determined to have a better week and weekend. Grrr stupid haribo and chocolate buttons!!

107 calories so far (2 finger kit kat)

Feeling cooold but not hungry.

Will have a cup of tea in a bit. Then having covent garden soup for dinner so day should finish below 400.

Feeling a bit stressed out as have loads to do on my "errands/to do" list but will try and get a couple ticked off tonight after work which will relax me a bit.

Thanks Erin!

Made it through my fast pretty well!

Cuppa 30
Kit kat 107
Covent garden butternut squash and bacon soup (1/2 pack) 184
Rocky bar 107
Options hot choc 40

TOTAL 468

In a course all day at work so should be good at stopping snacking. Planning on cod for dinner which I got out of the freezer, not sure what with yet. Definitely want to keep today under 1,200. Haven't looked on scales as too scared of weekends damage!

Had a really tasty dinner last night.

1 cod loin 148
Russet potatos 300g
Fine green beans 54
Vine ripened cherry toms 20

Put the cod and cherry tomatoes into a foil package with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and black pepper, pinch of salt. Into the oven for 20-25 mins at 200 degrees.
Grate the potatos and squeeze out excess moisture. Then squish into patties and fry them in a smidge of olive oil or the spray stuff.
Steam beans.

YUM and that made far too many potato cakes, you probably only need 1 large potato 100-150g.

Fasting today ARGH I find Wednesdays really really hard. Meeting someone for coffee this afternoon for that will be about 100 cals. Then the other half of the covent garden soup for dinner will keep me below 500 with space for a piece of fruit or hot choc if I need it.

That dinner sounds yummy - I hardly ever eat fish (apart from canned tuna haha) so definitely gonna give this a go.

Def do Erin! Fish is so delicious and perfect for calorie counters as most types are super low cal compared to meat :D

Back