Best day to weigh?

*Emsie*

Gold Member
I've been hmmming and ahhhhing about trying a different group since joining my current group as although its nice enough I don't feel that I fit in that well and that theres much inspiration when I have stayed which could just be me of course! I end up not staying to group most weeks as don't feel its worth it because when I have stayed I haven't felt comfortable asking for the advice or whatever I need.
This group is on a Thursday which fits in quite well with the families commitments etc and looking around the other groups on a Thursday are a bit later starting which wouldn't work as well I don't think. The other day I could maybe do is a Tuesday.

I used to weigh in on a Tuesday before and didn't find it too bad but now I quite like weighing on a Thursday as it gives me time to catch up after the weekend as have developed a bit of a habit of being naughty at weekends :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if the thought of weighing on a Tuesday would help break this habit or not.
What are other peoples thoughts about best days to weigh etc?
Also spotted that there is a group where theres a male c and though it would be a bit of a drive I'm intrigued to see if it would be much different with a male c!

Hi Emsie, I actually weigh in on a Monday! I think its the best day of the week personally for me, besides commitments to other things. I think it "keep you good" over the weekend knowing the dreaded day is looming ever closer. Just a personal thought, it works for me! Hope you start to feel better about group :)

I must admit, I WI on a Thursday evening, and when I was looking around for a group chose that
1) I use weekly syns (whilst I'm still losing) and use a fair proportion of those Fri night
2) good shopping night, so I have loads of fresh & tasty stuff over the weekend

Whichever day you choose, it's still 7 days between WI
But, yes, maybe you just need a change of class/consultant. - good luck

I am actually thinking about moving back to Tuesday weigh ins myself Emsie. Whilst I love my Saturday morning group, I do find its easier to have the weekend off & justify it on the basis I have the rest of the week to recover any damage. I always managed to stick to it better when I weighed in on a Tuesday.

In fact, I think I'm going to let my consultant know now. I am on the social team at Saturday group so it's a much bigger commitment than just turning up for IT, and i'm out all saturday morning, but if I give her a few weeks notice hopefully she can get cover.

Mines a Monday night and it certainly makes me feel more accountable!

Male C could be quite good too - but that's a personal thing I guess? X

i WI on a tues and it does help keep me on track over the wknd x

i wi on a tues morn and am not doing well at all:(. my problem is the weekends, i just cant behave myself and its too near to tues morn!!!
set myself a challenge to behave for 14 days straight:eek:

cathie xx

I WI on a Thursday, I have been thinking about moving to a Monday just so i don't go off track on the weekend but i still think Thursday is perfect for me, I go shopping on a Thursday too so it all pans out well! x

I weigh in on Tuesday..quite like it :)

I am also on the social team so the commitment is there to go every week, although at target I think the commitment has helped me stay within target band. Monday is definately the best W I day for me. When I did S W years ago the W I day was also Monday.

I weigh in on Mondays. I used to go to the later class but I found it not very motivating really and there werent many people going (at some there were only 3 others!). So I moved to the afternoon class and its been great, lots of people always there, sometimes over 25 people. I love it :) makes it so much better as more people to give recipes/share things. I also sometimes go to Tuesday group if for some reason I cant make monday but I dont really like the way that consultant runs their class so I prefer Mondays. Another consultant Ive had (as a step-in while the usual is on holiday) tells everyone your gain! :eek: I was shocked as mine doesnt do that, just losses. Ive not had a gain so far but I just feel bad for those who have and they are being outed in front of everyone.

We were chatting about this very subject last night at our meeting. One of the members was disappointed not to have lost and thought the reason was that he was out at the weekend and had a meal that was not totally on plan. He mentioned he was out with another member of SW who weighed on a Thursday and lost consistently. He argued that since his WI was on a Monday, he did not have the time to recover from the weekend whereas his friend did. We chatted for a while about this and the general consensus seemed to be that people preferred a Monday as it acted as a bit of 'check' not to overindulge at the weekend.

Gosh that was long-winded but I hope it make sense!

Yes it makes sense, its how it works for us at the end of the day and I just think that having a few days to pull back is doing me more harm than good in the long run. There will be times when I have things on at weekends that can't be avoided and may affect an early day of the week wi but there are other times that can be avoided!
Now I'm worrying about the time of the tuesday group because its at 7.30 and I don't want to wait till 9 to eat!

I go to a 5.30pm group so don't eat until 7.30pm - no way could I wait until 9pm to eat. Saying that, one of our members brings her dinner with her in a tub and munches it whilst IT is going on. Last nights looked very nice as well !! :)

Back