best way forward?

debtin

Gold Member
Morning everyone...funny how I have read similar posts before and feel as tho I already know the answer to my question. However feel as tho I need to off load in order to get my thinkin sorted. Weigh in day yesterday and I was pleased to sts after a week with minimum budget and no fruit etc. So fresh start yesterday with regards to syns. Wasn't feeling the best so hadn't been eating proper food...you guessed it...BINGE time. What's going on? I had already eaten some toffee pop high in syns biscuits then after posting about it and feeling horrible, couple hours later I ate loads more. All in all I had four packets square crisps, snack pot of jaffa cakes and too many biscuits I lost count. Now do I continue the week with no syns, cut back on them or continue as normal? What's the best for damage control? Thanks in advance. Phew always good to share...its like a guilty admission x

I'd start afresh today, If you cut out syns the rest of the week you'll 100% fall off the wagon!! Put it behind you and try not to do it again lol ;)

I agree...it happened...draw a line under it and move on. If you cut out all of your syns now to try and 'compensate' for it then you'll end up being tempted again. The main thing is that you did it, and you know it was wrong, and you can take control of it moving forward :)

Wow, if I had all of those things in my house I would do that every night!

I agree with all the others, don't beat yourself up about it, keep calm and carry on!

metrognome said:
count yesterday as a flexi syn day and just carry on as normal for the rest of the week

You can't count it as a flexible syn day, as flexible syns involves planning and staying in control-which the op has admitted she didn't do! Altho I agree with everyone who says just draw a line

Grizzly_man said:
Wow, if I had all of those things in my house I would do that every night!

I agree with all the others, don't beat yourself up about it, keep calm and carry on!

Snap!!!

Don't beat yourself up about it! I can say 100% that we have ALL been there, got the t shirt etc etc. We are only human after all. The good thing is that you are raring to go today - you cant change what has been done so no point in dwelling on it.
Some days I have got up and thought 'sod it' and have been naughty but then the next day I am angelic! Like Vanilla Cupcake says, if you try and go syn free for the week ahead you may well fall off the wagon again. Good luck x

You can't count it as a flexible syn day, as flexible syns involves planning and staying in control-which the op has admitted she didn't do! Altho I agree with everyone who says just draw a line

sorry

Wow thanks everyone. Support like this makes huge difference. Welshtiger that did make me laugh...the line has been drawn. It was my mum who brought the Damn biscuits to mine for my oh and son but the greed got the better of me. Usually I only keep low syn items and can control myself. Well homemade soup is cooking which am planning on having for lunch. We usually have Chinese tonigt but Will give that a swerve. Drinking lots water too. Thanks a lot everyone, much appreciated x

debtin said:
Wow thanks everyone. Support like this makes huge difference. Welshtiger that did make me laugh...the line has been drawn. It was my mum who brought the Damn biscuits to mine for my oh and son but the greed got the better of me. Usually I only keep low syn items and can control myself. Well homemade soup is cooking which am planning on having for lunch. We usually have Chinese tonigt but Will give that a swerve. Drinking lots water too. Thanks a lot everyone, much appreciated x

You're very welcome! It's very easy for people to tell you to draw a line, but sometimes it's not that easy to do-so thought I'd help you! Something for me to do this early on a Saturday morning ;) have a good day x

I agree with everybody! And as for the Chinese tonight you can make your own version of most dishes I know it's not the same but it will be better than feeling you've done without hth xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lentil2 said:
It doesn't really matter what you call it, flexi syns or whatever!

What matters is how you deal with it afterwards to limit any damage.....which you are doing. So well done to you!

It does tho in one sense-as flexi syns is a very specific thing that sw have created-it's where you plan exactly how many syns you are going to have, and stick to it-so you've maintained the element of control x

I've been exactly the same this week, can't say no to anything. Had 3 days over my syns on tues weds and thurs. mostly coz I'm stressing over doing my assignments at the mo (3x3000 words all due in next week).

On fri I got up and decided I couldn't sabotage myself anymore so just drew a line under it and start again. I'm not gonna deprive myself of syns coz I know I'll just end up sabotaging again but I had 7 syns yesterday which I spent on a Chinese and just working out my day today. Am hoping that 3 days on plan might negate the 3 days off plan so I at least stay the same.

Good luck. Xx

Debtin, my week has been full of days like this. So I had a mc flurry last night and called it a day!! I booked myself into an exercise class today and tomorrow and shall do the same all week. Today is a new day and you can make it really good with sw and exercise. We are only human after all :p

Back