best yogurt for couscous cake?

I have just made the cous cous cake and used a vanilla muller light, and whilst a lot nicer than I thought I felt it just lacked something - but defin better syn wise than victoria sponge,
what yogurts do you use???
got some mince meat in cupboard as well so may try that!
thanks, am finding these boards very hlepful x

I've made mine with Activia fat free vanilla which was nice. I added some dried fruit to it so it really did taste like a bread and butter pudding :)

i made one today with lemon & passionfruit. quite impressed nicer than i though. almost like a steamed lemon pudding. just needs a big dollop of custard:eek:

whats the deal with this cake then? is it free or not? the other thread was mixed views. i've been picking at mine all day but not convinced its free?:confused:

how do you make the cake? sounds nice!

I think you need PLENTY sweetner in it, to really get your 'sugar' hit.

Free or not? I treat mine as free, but if you have reached a plateu and are finding it hard to lose again, then best syn it. How you syn 'free' foods, I have no idea?

Remember you'll need to syn your mince meat or dried fruit.(boke, I can't stan either! lol)

Jo
x

Free or not? I treat mine as free, but if you have reached a plateu and are finding it hard to lose again, then best syn it. How you syn 'free' foods, I have no idea?

the book states couscous is free unless ground or used as a flour substitute, then it is 5 syns an ounce so the whole cake would be 20syns:eek:

just not sure if it counts as being used as a flour substitute?:confused:

oh bugger!!
i made this the other day and i wasnt impressed so wont be making it again, but know some of the ladies on here love it, its a shame if its synned.....:-(

But it isn't a flour substitute here. It isn't ground. It is an ingredient in it's own right. It isn't like, say, ground rice, in place of flour. It's still just cous cous.

I hate this old chesnut, I have to say! lol

Jo
x

im still a newbie so its a new chestnut to me :rolleyes:

think ill run it past consultant tomorrow to make sure, its nice if it is definately free but i cant think of tons of other stuff i'd rather use syns on if its not:D

hi, once you have asked your consultant please let me know if free or not! as again I enjoyed it for free, but 0 syns - I can think of far better things to do with them!

im still a newbie so its a new chestnut to me :rolleyes:

lol. I know what you mean! See at the top right hand of the page, there's a wee search box? See it? It's really effective, and you'll find loads of answers on there, if you can't find a relevant post. I use it heaps, and it saves me loads of time. I just looked up 'is cous cous cake free' and pulled up pages of previous 'debates' on it! lol is cous cous cake free - Google Search

Back