The first day of the rest of my life!

SianLeighan

Quick copy and paste from the beginning of my previous diary...

I've never really been overweight until just recently. I used to be the girl that could eat what I wanted and never put on weight...up until I was 18 I was a size 10-12. I turned 18 and started drinking heavily, resulting in the next day 'hangover food'. The more I drank the hungrier I was the next day. I got into the habit of eating junk and lots of it. I got into a vicious circle...

Eat loads

Hate my size

Get miserable

Eat loads

etc...

I find that I eat loads when I'm bored or sad and working in an office 10 hours a day gets pretty boring, so it got to the point I was munching constantly throughout the day. If I wasn't eating at work I'd be hungry when I got home so I'd walk to the shop and buy food I didn't really need whilst dinner was cooking and then stuff my face. I'd then proceed to eat dinner after eating sharing bags of crisps and big bars of chocolate.

I have no excuses for why I eat the amount I have done. It just seems to be that bigger I get the worse my eating habits get. I've decided its time for change in my life. I'm a lot happier now in my life than I've been for a few years, all thanks to an amazing boyfriend coming on the scene. Now I don't feel as miserable about everything I think it's time to change. I am doing this for myself though as he says there's a big difference between wanting to lose weight and needing to lose weight (he says I don't need too;he obviously doesn't know the difference
;))

I started the Tesco's Ultra Slim shakes this week (04/03/2013) and didn't get on with them at all.

I then tried 'Shake that weight' shakes and hated that even more.

So I joined slimming world on 25/07/2013 and started my first day today on 26/07/2013.

I've gained over 4 stone in 2 years and previous attempts at WW have failed. I managed to lose 11lb in 6 weeks there but then put that all back on over Christmas 2011 and then gained a further stone and a half in 2012. Whilst doing WW I kept a diary myself to track how well my days had been etc, however I didn't find it very useful. I feel like if I keep track on here, other people will be able to see it and will be there for advice and support, helping me stay motivated.

So this is me. Sian, a 20 year old girl, 14st 7.5lb with lack of will power.

DAY ONE

Breakfast - Muller light vanilla yoghurt, and blueberries

Mid morning snack - Grapes

Lunch - Ham rollups with laughing cow light triangles (HexA), salad of lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, red onion, pickled onions, baby plum tomatoes.

Mid afternoon snack - Melon, kiwi and apple.

Dinner - Big mac in a bowl - Extra Lean Mince, Onion, Dairylea Light Cheese Slices x3 (7.5syns) Lettuce, Light Thousand Island Dressing (2syns) Slice of wholemeal bread (HexB) Syn Free Chips.

This is my plan today. Will update and edit as needed :) xx

Hello and welcome to the forum! Wishing you lots of luck on your weight loss journey! Everyone on here is fab!

Welcome and good luck on your journey.

Your first day looks really good so you've got a great understanding of the plan which is going to help you loads!

Good luck Sian! Your food diary looks good - I like the Big Mac in a bowl idea. I started SW about 4 weeks ago and have lost 6.5 lbs without feeling hungry :) I do miss my wine though...but too many syns :-(

Good luck with the plan, I look forward to keeping up with your progress x

Good luck with your SW journey :) you already look like you've got off to a great start!

Helen :) xx

Hi Sian, hope your weekend has gone well and you're on track xxx

Thanks chipmunk! I had a minor slip up Saturday as was out most of the day and stopped in greggs, I had a chicken salad baguette. But I got straight back on plan after that instead of blowing the whole day out xxx

It sounds like you've already got your SW head on. Well done for not letting a little slip up ruin the whole day x

Thanks chipmunk! I had a minor slip up Saturday as was out most of the day and stopped in greggs, I had a chicken salad baguette. But I got straight back on plan after that instead of blowing the whole day out xxx

I think thats the hardest thing to not let it ruin the whole day so well done!

Back