Bev - Round 2

Ahh Bev! one day you will beat them!!!!!!!! Or better still, be on the A team! ;)

Hope you cold shifts soon :hug99: take it easy for a couple of days give your body time to rest xxx

Echinacea, echinacea, echinacea!!!! Boosts the immune system wonderfully. I take 2 x 400mg capsules every day and if I feel like I'm getting anything or know I've been in contact with something I up it to 4 until that feeling goes. My (policeman) son - who doesn't believe in anything like that in the least, humoured me by taking the tincture I got for him a few months ago. He'd had lots of health issues including shingles and he never gets enough rest so his resistance wasn't wonderful (in fact was awful). He was feeling like he was getting shingles again so I got the tincture because that's the quickest way to get it into your system and some capsules for maintenance. He now swears by it and can tell when he hasn't had it for a few days.

My eldest son - who can never remember to 'take' stuff humoured me by using the ecinacea tea bags I got him, he too now swears by it.

As you can tell - I can't recommend it highly enough! ;) xx

Echinacea is good stuff it has been proven to prevent and lessen the effects of a cold, do you take a break from it sometimes Jan? Its not as effective if taken everyday or so i believe, also more effective if taken with some vitamin c. I have been taking a multivit since finishing my tfr but still had the first cold. Hope your feeling better Bev, you are great for doing all this exercise, i'll need to think of something. xx

No I don't take a planned break - but when I take an accidental one ... forget them for a few days - forget to take them away with me - run out or whatever I notice the difference. I dont take anything with them - don't feel I need to :) xx

Thanks for that Jan, I will get some at the weekend. Think hubby could do with taking them too afterall he is the spreader of the damned cold!

Had a night off last night and did absolutely nothing, bliss!! Have badminton tonight, just practice, but really looking forward to it. Hubby's going to the gym first for an hour then joins me for another hour of badminton. He's hooked on the gym at the mo but it's really showing. He's really looking buff at the mo, lucky me!

Whit whoooo Lucky you Bev ;) :giggle:

Have fun tonight at badminton! xxxx

Ha ha ha glad your hubby is looking buff, you will be looking a bit sexy ya self with your new weight loss. It's also surely good that you are on a health kick at the same time, its bound to help you support each other. xx

Good for both of you!! Can you bottle whatever your fella's on and send me a bit for mine ;) ... he's getting bigger & bigger! :eek: xx

Went to club last night knowing there was a match on between our Combination A and B team and thought it would be good to watch a few of their games in between my practice ones. Got there and was asked to play for the A team! Won all 3 of my games and we won overall 9-0! Well pleased with that. Played really well (for me) and had such a workout! I have gym tomorrow then it's a day of rest for us both on Sunday, thankfully!

Had some crispbreads with light cheese spread for tea before club as didn't want anything too heavy. Had a few squares of yorkie bar when I got back. Naughty but very , very nice!

Well it's supposed to be really nice weather down here for the next few days, hope it is. Hope everyone has a really good weekend!

Really enjoyed playing last night. Playing people I know so not much pressure but still, I had to play as good as I could to keep up with the other A members!

Well done Bev!!! :) Must be fantastic to be asked to play for the A team and then win!!!!

Hope you have a loverly weekend xx

Well done Bev! Go YOU! :D .. I reckon you earned those bits of Yorkie girl! ;) xx Hope you have a fab weekend xx

You must be so pleased to be back on the A team. They must be so delighted to have th od Bev back too!! have a good week.

Can't believe that's another weekend over! Why do they go so fast?

Did a lot of housework and cooking yesterday so not much rest at all this weekend. Went gym on Saturday which was OK. Didn't do anymore running, I'll wait until my chest feels 100% cos it's so hard anyway!

Made a beef casserole in the slow cooker, stuffed potatoes, homemade coleslaw and a chocolate sponge yesterday. Really into my cooking at the moment. Family love it too. My daughter popped up to see us yesterday and left with a complete meal for the evening, she was very happy.

Had a late lunch on saturday so didn't bother with any tea cos I really wasn't hungry. We went out on saturday night but I didn't have any nuts or crisps like I used to (not like hubby!). Didn't want them so didn't have them. Nice to have little control back.

Going to book a couple of long weekends off work for November to use up the last of my holiday before christmas, can't believe that's only just round the corner!

Well done avoiding the nibbles on your night out. How ya doing in general? Are you happy with your weight still, managing a few treats cos of badminton? xx

I am about 1/2 stone up on finishing LT but not surprised about that at all. Keeping my eye on it though. I'm really happy at the weight I am, at the moment. Feel very happy and content where I am. I am having some treats but purely because I can cos of all the exercise I'm doing at the mo but still having to watch it obviously and not pigging out like I used to. Don't want to have to LT ever again. This was my last time so I am being careful. Life in general is good and I feel happy about most things.

Losing weight doesn't cure all your worries but it certainly makes some things so much easier!

Went to bed at 9pm last night, really wanted a good night's sleep. Lately I've found I'm getting up at the normal time but still feeling really tired. Great sleep last night and felt really good this morning. May have to do that once a week from now on.

Going to the gym after work then home for a sit down. Just love that evening winding down time. Not sure what to have for tea yet, may do some pasta for a change. Had beef casserole last night and it was lovely, will definitely be doing that again.

It's lovely to have a nice loooooooong sleep! glad you feel better for it today bev :) x

Back