Beware selling WW item on Ebay

i have another pair of ghds so thats why i wanted to sell them but i cant now :(

It's a right pain & I don't agree with it, we pay for them, we should be able to sell them on, I can see why WW are doing it though.

i no its so upsetting with the ghds thats why i posted on here if anyone wants them,hoping i can get rid of them,there is good and bad to it,paypal have help my money and wont realise until april as looking in to my account as new so not happy at all :(

i no its so upsetting with the ghds thats why i posted on here if anyone wants them,hoping i can get rid of them,there is good and bad to it,paypal have help my money and wont realise until april as looking in to my account as new so not happy at all :(

But ebay must have given a reason.:confused:

How ridiculous that you can't sell GHDs!! So what can you sell on ebay now! I have a set of WW cookbooks on at the moment ending tomorrow, I suppose they will be taken off as well LOL!!!

SmilerJen - the cookbooks (Cook, Shop & Cook, Spicy and Speedy and Food for Friends) are all on offer at the moment at the meetings (and on website - one postage price of £3.50)- I think once the new plan comes in new cookbooks will be launched as well so might be worth getting them now! At my meeting all the Fruities are on offer (£1), I would hold fire on the calculator if I were you, if they do change how the points are calculated then a new calculator will be launched as well. Its got me thinking that there might be bigger changes (ie to points) than we think or it might be my wild imagination going into overdrive!!

I'm still not sure on the selling items to people but retaining ownership thing, am going to investigate further today - surely that means that they are only rented to us, but thats not made clear at the meetings - ah well something for me to do today!

Thank Lydia, are we all thinking WW will go American and include the fiber counting in points? Thats a great idea to hold off for new calculator, am wondering if it would be sensible to hold off and just buy all new stuff. Does anyone know a possible date for the "change" all I ever hear is 'soon!!!lol

I hope they do go down the American route it would seem sensible to me to include fibre when calculating points as this would encourage us to eat more fibre as food with a higher fibre content tend to have lower points.

No idea when the new changes will be launched but my leader said on Monday that it will be soon, but thats all she said, shes off on a conference soon to find out what all the new changes are going to be.

I wont ever be selling on ebay again its more trouble then they are worth come back to be now as say the reason is i am not a register ghd retailer thats terrible!

1st December? That like 6 weeks away, I can't wait any longer! Someone must know ARGH!!! :argh:

Gem - so only registered GHD seller can sell their own GHDs now? God its getting worse!!!

They will have to have it out before the end of the year so we have time to be the 2009 :)O) eating out and shopping guides PLUS they must get a swarm of people at new year resolution time!

How weird is this, I sent off a complaining email to ebay in which I also asked what laws governed them selling items to members but retaining ownership, I also asked for confirmation that all leaders are supposed to inform members that if you buy the material it will remain the property of WW. I have had a reply stating the statement on the back of the Eat Wisely (which she had also told me) BUT said that "on this occasion if you wish to relist the item we will not remove and you are allowed to sell it" - now either resale of these items is prohibited or not!

Exactly what I thought! Unless theres no law to back selling an item but retaining ownership without consent and they want to shut me up - ooohh there goes my imagination again!

I couldn't believe it when I heard about your ghd's Gemma - that's ridiculous! You are selling a second-hand item which belongs to you and they ARE ghd's so it's just a description of the item.

It gets more ridiculous by the day!

i am so fed up with it i justed wanted to sell them to get a bit of cash back,there are many sellers on there with thm but just not me who is keeps getting them taken off ...

Gemma - do you or your partner have messageboards at work? Maybe you could sell via that.

I have found out now that its perfectly legal what WW are doing, evidently they are not selling the items themselves but they are selling access to the information contained within the programme material, technically speaking they are supposed to make that clear at the meetings - so the fact that they don't do that is wrong, but otherwise they are in the right.

Back