big bride :-(

Hi kann! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, how's the planning coming along?

Im not keen on the mint and chocolate muller, it just doesn't taste quite right :-$ I thought I'd love it so was really disappointed with it, guess I wanted more chocolate lol xx

lol.. i wudnt mind a few more chocolate sprinkles threw in :)

How are you missy? hows the healthy eating going this week?xx

Hi both

We are getting married in Santorini so at the moment there not much planning to be done. We have a wedding coordinator for abroad dealing with things. I have got my dress already which is a bit tight but with the hope of losing weight it will feel comfy. I have to go for another fitting the beginning of April so I am hoping it will all feel ok. After Christmas though it will be all go getting things organised at least I can concentrate on the diet at the moment.

Do you both go to meetings to get WI what days are yours on. My WI is on Wednesday's I do dread those days. But when I have a lost I feel so happy that I went.

Hope you both enjoy your weekend x

aww that sounds so romantic!! i was a bridesmaid at a wedding abroad, was lovely!! im having a traditional irish wedding :) horse and carriage lol.... my fiance thinks its a secret but i know already! bless him..

i just rejoined sw on tuesday so im looking forward but scared about my WI. i hope iv lost at least something, i have pcos so my weight loss is always very slow. think thats whats put me off in the past being inpatient. i have 665 days to my wedding LOL (im not counting ;) ) so hopefully slow and steady will win the race!!

goodluck to you both over the weekend...and that the hunger monster stays away :) xxxx

Hi ladies, been a busy weekend for me trying to move my mum into a new bungalow whilst she's in hospital so not had much chance to get on here our wedding is just a traditional catholic church wedding (a but bigger than I wanted really, but with the size of our families small was never an option!). But we are having our honeymoon in Italy and my maid if honor will be getting married there whilst we're there so I'll be being a bridesmaid on my honeymoon lol! She's getting married at lake como and it's going to be beautiful!

I go to class every Monday (though I have the next 2 weeks booked off) and I'm part of the social team so I take everyones payments for them when they're about to get weighed in. I enjoy my class, we all have a right laugh every week. Hoping that by the time I go back I'll have lost the 3.albs needed to get to my 3 stone award :) (which will be a total of 4 and a half stone lost since I had my son!).

I was also diagnosed with PCOS just under 6 years ago and found losing weight really hard, but managed to lose 2 stone on a vlcd and then maintained for a bit and got pregnant. Now all of a sudden it seems to have come off easily for me since I had jack! Although I still find myself getting impatient wanting it to happen faster lol! I don't think that will ever change! But only 2 stone 4.5lbs to go to my final target so I will get there eventually! I'm going wedding dress shopping in January so really want to be down to a size 12 by then so that my dress will look nice. I've always had problems going shopping and nothing looks as nice as I'd hoped and so I end up crying in the changing rooms and I don't want that to happen when I'm trying on dresses, I want it to be a special day :) xx

sammy i no exactly how you feel. i am putting off even looking for a dress until i lose at least 2 stone. i have 4stone to lose to be down to my ideal weight and i have less than 22 months to do this. if i dont lose weight for my special day then il never do it!!!

Hope your mum is feeling better soon, sounds like ur up to ur eyes hunni xxx hugs xxx

If you dont mind me asking,are you from ireland? I was bridesmaid for a friend of mine in rome few years ago. Beautiful place :) Hope to speak soon xxx

mia xxx

Hi Ladies

Both your weddings sound lovely. The days will soon be here.

Been struggling today with sticking to the plan but I managed to hold back the cravings. Tomorrow will be easier when I am at work and have only got what I take in to eat instead of thinking what is in my cupboard. But only working Mon and Tues then the rest of the week to spend with my 4yr old boy for half term. He getting very excited about Halloween.

Sam sounds like you had a very busy weekend. How was your weekend Mia?

Been making batches of soups to see me through the week, can't believe how cold it is. We had a dusting of snow Saturday morning.

Well best get me boy ready for bed.

Xx

mia85 said:
sammy i no exactly how you feel. i am putting off even looking for a dress until i lose at least 2 stone. i have 4stone to lose to be down to my ideal weight and i have less than 22 months to do this. if i dont lose weight for my special day then il never do it!!!

Hope your mum is feeling better soon, sounds like ur up to ur eyes hunni xxx hugs xxx

If you dont mind me asking,are you from ireland? I was bridesmaid for a friend of mine in rome few years ago. Beautiful place :) Hope to speak soon xxx

mia xxx

Thanks hunny, im hoping she will be able to come home soon but her oxygen levels have dropped again so dont know when she'll be home. :(

You will lose that weight in 22 months easily hunny! You can do it! We'll be here to support you :)

No I'm not from Ireland hunny, I'm from west Yorkshire. I've always wanted to go to Ireland but have never been :( maybe one day! I love the Irish accent ;) xx

hey petal, hope your mums feeling better! i work part time on the community as a respiratory technician taking spo2 levels etc, does your mum usually have a problem with her o2? god love her im sure she would love to be going home. hugs xxx

im soo tired tonight,feeling burnt out.. either that or my body is on a detox from all the sugar its not getting! My weigh in is 2maro im nervous, iv never ate as much this week as i have in a long time. i have followed the plan as best i could, apart from a wee iced bun or two lol. i feel fatter tho :( xxx hope your healthy eating is going well. speak soon.xxxxx

mia xxx

hey! first weigh in tonight.... 1 and a half pounds off, its better than on i suppose :) gona really go for it this week xxx

mia xxx

hey! first weigh in tonight.... 1 and a half pounds off, its better than on i suppose :) gona really go for it this week xxx

mia xxx

Hi

Well done Mia on the weight loss, that's good news.

i have got mine this morning got today off so going to the early one instead of the half five. Not looking forward to it. Be happy if I even lose 0.5 lb but that's hoping.

But then after the WI it's a new week and new start x x

hey petal, hope your mums feeling better! i work part time on the community as a respiratory technician taking spo2 levels etc, does your mum usually have a problem with her o2? god love her im sure she would love to be going home. hugs xxx

im soo tired tonight,feeling burnt out.. either that or my body is on a detox from all the sugar its not getting! My weigh in is 2maro im nervous, iv never ate as much this week as i have in a long time. i have followed the plan as best i could, apart from a wee iced bun or two lol. i feel fatter tho :( xxx hope your healthy eating is going well. speak soon.xxxxx

mia xxx

Thanks for the hugs hunny, i'm hoping she will be home soon too! She's still in and will be at least until next week so that will be 4 weeks she's been in by then. She doesn't usually have a problem with her O2 but she gained 30.5lbs in two weeks with water retention which was in her lungs and all over her body and was diagnosed with heart failure and cardiomegaly (water in the sac around the heart). If I hadn't have got her to join SW with me six weeks before we wouldn't have realised how bad it was as she never used to weigh herself. Monday night nearly 4 weeks ago she called me at 3am in the morning and could hardly talk as she couldnt breathe, so i rushed on to hers (she lives at number 19 and i bought number 4 to be near if she needs me as she's disabled) and she couldnt breathe and couldnt stop shaking. she has a phobia of ambulances since my step dad died in one 3 and a half years ago so i rushed her to a&e and they admitted her to the coronary care ward. they managed to get rid of some of the retained water over a few days then moved her to the cardiology ward and she then got pneumonia. The normal infection count is somewhere arouns 10-15 and hers was 263, so she was on the strongest possible antibiotics for nearly 2 weeks and her infection count finally went back down to normal. the first sunday she was in there she nearly died because they weren't taking proper care of her (she's insulin dependant diabetic) and her blood sugar dropped to 1.8 whils she was sleeping. another patient alerted the nurses that my mum was usually awake by that time so they checked on her and she was unconscious and unresponsive and it took the doctors 2 hours working on her to bring her back. they're taking the correct care of her now so her blood sugars have stablised now, and she's much better than she was, but her body doesn't want to store the O2 she's on. She was on 10 litres an hour and is down to only 1 litre an hour now, so she's much better than she was, but as soon as she comes off it her O2 levels drop to the low 80%'s so they have to put her back on. \they want her to have 24 hours stable without the O2 before she goes home and she sounds like she may have another chest infection too so they're wanting to keep an eye on that for her too. she's been through so much, i just wish she could get better. She's only 48 and just has awful health problems, she has fibromyalgia, anaemia, pernicious anaemia, hypertension and depression. She's always been big and i'm hoping that by getting her to join SW she will maybe feel a bit better in herself when she loses weight. The hospital keep weighing her and she's now lost 40lbs since she was admitted, so all the water retention seems to have gone plus some at too! so hoping once she's out and she sees the scales at the next class that she will be motivated to stick at it :) xx

Hiya missy!! I can't believe it's over a year since iv been online, how are things with u? Hope ur mums keeping well xxx

Hey Mia, are you still getting married this year in August? How are you doing? X

Back