Binge eating and SW

I'm a binger too. And I agree it has nothing to do with willpower. I gave up at 40 a day smoking habit 10 years ago and it was a cake walk compared to weight loss!

I eat if i'm happy, sad, angry, if I got more wages than expected lol, if something good happens, basically I over eat for all emotions. But it's not good healthy food it is always crap and mountains of it!!! I even got to the point where I hid food that my OH wouldn't see me eating.

I'm hoping that from now on that I can learn to feel my triggers and try to use distraction techniques or just trying to ride that overwhelming compulsion out. Honestly I feel that if I didn't binge the weight would come off much quicker because I generally have really good healthy eating. It's watching for the binge coming and coping with it when it arrives.

Something I am going to try this time that I haven't done before is not having a cheat night on WI. I am intending to stick to the 15 a day/ 105 a week and use them as I need them and when they are gone this time, they are gone and maybe just maybe through losing weight I'll get the stamina and choice power rather than the willpower I need to break this bingeing cycle.

I'm a binger too. And I agree it has nothing to do with willpower. I gave up at 40 a day smoking habit 10 years ago and it was a cake walk compared to weight loss!

I eat if i'm happy, sad, angry, if I got more wages than expected lol, if something good happens, basically I over eat for all emotions. But it's not good healthy food it is always crap and mountains of it!!! I even got to the point where I hid food that my OH wouldn't see me eating.

I'm hoping that from now on that I can learn to feel my triggers and try to use distraction techniques or just trying to ride that overwhelming compulsion out. Honestly I feel that if I didn't binge the weight would come off much quicker because I generally have really good healthy eating. It's watching for the binge coming and coping with it when it arrives.

Something I am going to try this time that I haven't done before is not having a cheat night on WI. I am intending to stick to the 15 a day/ 105 a week and use them as I need them and when they are gone this time, they are gone and maybe just maybe through losing weight I'll get the stamina and choice power rather than the willpower I need to break this bingeing cycle.

Good luck with this. I am going to try this too- get out for a walk or a drive when the walls start shaking. Let us know how you get on x

Back