Binge eating

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by help6363, 6 February 2008 Social URL.

1. help6363

help6363 Member

Hello

I had huge problems with binge eating and occassionally still do. I just wanted to share what has worked for me and ask other what they have done to stop binge eating.

Anyway, here's what I did (I hope it helps at least one person):)

One of my biggest problems was binge eating. To solve this problem, I kept a journal with the aim of trying to figure myself out. Here’s what I did: wrote down when I felt like binge eating and what I felt like eating. I looked over this at a later date. When I analysed myself and my actions I came to the realisation that I like to eat greasy food when I am stressed, chocolate when I am grumpy and so forth. Knowing this, I replaced the habit with something else. Can you drink water when you are stressed instead of reaching for the greasy food? I now drink water when I am stressed..... write in my journal when I am annoyed. Yes, I do slip up occassionally! Different strategies work for different people.

Have a great day

Cheers

Michelle

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 911toc

911toc Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.89%)
    Diet:
    wieght watchers
    good to read your artical i still binge back and forth but there is no answers to why i do it at all diffrent times and for all sorts of reasons but i do it when i am alone but i am only kidding myself :break_diet:

4. shrinkingsarah

shrinkingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    17st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    just started to do the same for my cravings, hope I can work it out like Michelle did :)

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Having just had a binge after a near perfect week so far i think i may do the same

6. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I've just saw this post. It's a good idea but I think I am just driven to certain foods cos I am addicted. In saying that am also an emotional eater. Trust me to be awkward lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.