binges

Loser85

Gold Member
Just had a major binge and cant think of any real reason why. My sugar levels had dipped a bit and tummy was rumbling a bit but nothing bad. All of a sudden i just went mad! Have weigh in tomorrow and think ill have a gain now but to be honest ill go face the music as ill deserve it. Why do we do this to ourselves?? :confused::sigh:

Ok so you binged! Everyone does it now and again. The best thing to do is draw a line under it and move on. Maybe go for a walk so you don't feel quite as bad?
Also I read somewhere writing down how you feel after a binge and then keeping it to read the next time you get an urge, really gives you a sense of perspective on how much you want that food compared to weight loss. You've lost over 3stone, don't beat yourself up over half a pound x

I personally find myself self-sabotaging when I get to a certain point of my weight-loss. I think I just have a self-destructive element to my personality. Like if I know there's something that happened in my day that winds me up or upsets me I'll keep going over and over it, and then if I somehow do get it out of my mind later on I'll purposefully bring it back again!

Then again, maybe I'm just crazy ... :silly:

Just write it off and start afresh, if you've got weeklies left then just don't have any more, or only have minimal. Some people do find though when they indulge/overindulge they still do have a good weight loss - it kind of shocks your body's metabolism a little.

Hopefully you enjoyed what you ate - at least then there was a good side to it. :)

I didnt enjoy it, barely tasted it in fact. Just grabbed handfuls of everything and shovelled it in.
Thing is i have depression and anxiety issues so wondering if this is part of that. Something im going to have to deal with and hopefully overcome at some point.
Thank you for the kind words xx

Yep I do that too :( Its not always when I am down, or stressed it can be anything that sparks me off. Its like i'm filling in a void but not sure what? I just think old habits die hard and i'm not going to change over night, its how I deal with it that matters.

I am trying to shifty my mind back to a "back on track place" and keep on my treadmill x Chin up we can do it :)

I do this all the time. I read up online about binge eating disorder and it made me sad that everything it says I do. I binge and eat everything in sight then instantly feel fat and guilty.

I know how to eat healthy, I know I need to excercise, I know I shouldn't binge but enjoy in moderation.

SO WHY CAN'T I DO IT AGGGGGHHHHH lol

I have binge tendencies, I seem to have them under control atm. I have told myself that I must not eat angry or upset, give myself an hour and if I am still hungry I will have fruit. I have a journal now, I won't track online as I like to put my thoughts down about food etc I even write about when the O/h noticesy weight loss - I normally do it in my lunchbreak. Don't blame yourself we are only human. Go for a walk or put some music on and have a pogo around the house. Hang in there!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Back