Bio Oil - Does it work??

I have just noticed that I have these new, rather large & even uglier stretch marks on my body in bizzare places like across the top of back.
I've always had loads of SMs on my tum, bum, arms, boobs, legs etcc, but they are not HUGE THICK ones!!!! More like a million thin ones, (which I don't mind cos they all just fade into one)

Has anyone got any hints or tips of things that work and do not cost a fortune?

Yvonnie xxx
PS - How vain am I??!!??!!??!!

Hiya PJ

Bio Oil is fantastic and does work. I used it for stretch marks after I had my daughter and they faded nicely...you can get it from most chemists and supermarkets and costs about £8....I'd certainly recommend it! :)

I have just noticed that I have these new, rather large & even uglier stretch marks on my body in bizzare places like across the top of back.
I've always had loads of SMs on my tum, bum, arms, boobs, legs etcc, but they are not HUGE THICK ones!!!! More like a million thin ones, (which I don't mind cos they all just fade into one)

Has anyone got any hints or tips of things that work and do not cost a fortune?

Yvonnie xxx
PS - How vain am I??!!??!!??!!

Not vain at all Yvonnie!

Biooil is absolutely great for stretch marks and definitely faded mine away. Not convinced it does anything at all for loose skin but certainly is good for blemishes.

It has even made my appendix scar look a lot better.

M.

Hi Shadow,

I had a few very red stretch marks from my weight low down, underneath my belly.

I have used bio oil here and on my hips and under my kneck, I have a scar there and I do feel it has helped.

I can't use it all over as I find it very heavy and I normally put it on at night before going to bed.

Some people were saying they found Palmer's cocoa butter formula with collageen, elastin and viatmin E as well as Q10...very good.

I bought some and have just tried it and it does not agree with me as I have very sentivity skin. It felt very heavy as well.

So it is back to Nivea Q10 and Dove! and bio oil for the tough bits:)

Love Mini xxx

hello everyone

thought id come and join in over here as well as DH if you all dont mind !!

hope everyones weekend is going ok !!!

take care

Groovychick

Thanks everyone!
I bought some of the Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream before I posted my message. It is very thick & heavy. But smells really nice - not strong like the normal coco butter.
I keep forgetting to put it on!!
Gonna go & get some bio oil soon, at Boots & Superdrug it is on special offer £2 off the large bottle

Hi PowderedJourney,

Lovely smell off the Palmers cocoa butter, husband thinks its yummy:)

I found it very thick and really did not do anything for me as I have very sensitive skin, but I met a couple of young girls in the chemist who were buying it and they swear it is very good, they use it all the time.

The Bio Oil is fab, again I would go easy with it as a little goes a long way.

Love Mini xxx

Hi all

I can't stand the continous smell of the palmers coca butter, I feel like I work in a chocolate factory.

I tried the Clarins body tonic, its quite thick but to me the overiding smell is Lavender and I really can't stand that smell. Only used the one bottle (and literally slapped it on so I could get rid of it) so can't really comment on whether it worked or not + its quite expensive compared to the other products around.

I have read somewhere that its the massaging effect rather the products themselves that makes a difference - no idea if thats correct. I tend to use Bio oil sparingly usually when my skin feels extra dry - but as it has no perfum it doesn't give me the incentive to use it (I like my subtle smelly things:D) and like someone else has mentioned I find it quite thick.

I regularly use Neutrogena's Sesame Body Oil, it makes no promises about stretch marks etc but it does go on really nicely, you put it on straight after a bath/shower when you are still wet, I have very sensitive skin and I don't have a reaction to it, which is always a plus in my book. Plus it smells devine.

Hi Jellybabe,

I can't stand the continous smell of the palmers coca butter, I feel like I work in a chocolate factory:) :) :)

Maybe that is why hubby was smelling me?

The benefits of massage are many and here are some that I find interesting.

Increasing circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
Stimulating the lymph system, the body’s natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.

Massage helps to reduce tension in the skin and adjoining tissues as well as increasing its circulation and improve its nutrition.
Massage depending on the medium used to apply it can help to re-moisturise, and soften dry skin.
Massage can help with some skin conditions like eczema, but please check with your Doctor to make sure that what you have is not contagious

Massage increases the nutrition of the tissues via an increased exchange of fluids and materials.
Massage, via the mechanical actions on the soft tissues, produces a dilation of the blood vessels which helps to improve your circulation.
Massage increases the number of red blood cells in your circulation.
Massage has the overall effect of lowering your blood pressure and reduces your pulse rate.
Massage facilitates tissue healing through the enhancement of circulation.
Massage increases tissue fluid and assists lymphatic circulation thus reducing swelling and enhancing the immune and filtering activities of this system.
Massage increases both your venous and lymphatic flow
Massage helps to reduce the lack of blood and by direct pressure and stimulation reduces pain due to the irritation of nerves that control your circulatory system.
Massage enhances the elimination of the waste products of your metabolism.
Massage increases the action of the heart, stimulating the blood flow to and from the lungs, helping with the elimination of waste and the absorption of oxygen
Massage reduces and breaks down adhesions (knots) and fibrosis.
Massage stretches your connective tissue.
Massage helps to re-establish your proper muscular tone.
Massage reduces your muscle and soft tissue pain.
Massage supports increased work capacity and encourages your metabolism

Massage reduces joint strain and compression through releasing tight muscles and tendons.
Massage increases the ease and efficiency of your movements.
Massage helps to increase the retention of nitrogen, phosphorous, and sulphur in the bones and this aids in fracture healing

Releasing endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is being incorporated into treatment for chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
Reducing post-surgery adhesions and edema and reducing and realigning scar tissue after healing has occurred.
Improving range of motion and decreasing discomfort for patients with low back pain.
Relieving pain for migraine sufferers and decreasing the need for medication.
Providing exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reducing shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
Contributing to shorter labor and reduced tearing for expectant mothers, as well as lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety, and shortening hospital stays

The shelf in my bathroom is like 'Lotions and potions.com'!!
I've just bought some bio-oil: it's very pleasant to use - i'll keep an eye open for what (if any) effect it has.

I tend to use that on the really wrinkly, stretch marked areas and then use slightly cheaper stuff on areas like my lower legs / forearms / outer thighs where it's not so bad. For that I've got Champney's (yes the health spa) dry oil citrus spray. It smells gorgeous but is subtle and not overpowering. I bought it from Sainsbury's and it was £7 for a fair sized bottle which has lasted me several months of daily use.

Even if all this stuff doesn't actually have much of an aesthetic effect, it doesn't do any harm to pamper ourselves does it? :)

Hi Shadow & everyone else

not got the bio oil yet..but it aint payday till friday so i will invest in some then..everyone in our group was raving on about it last night tho..in the meantime am using using avon firming body lotion for now..smells nice tho !!

didnt realise that massage was so beneficial so cheers for that mini!!!

groovy x

Hi Shadow & everyone else

not got the bio oil yet..but it aint payday till friday so i will invest in some then..everyone in our group was raving on about it last night tho..in the meantime am using using avon firming body lotion for now..smells nice tho !!

didnt realise that massage was so beneficial so cheers for that mini!!!

groovy x

Hi Groovy,

The main thing is to keep the skin moisturized and the massage does help and I think if you do have a favourite stick with it.

The bio oil is good for fading the stretch marks and I just use it for those tough bits, or if I feel my skin looks a little dry in places...a little goes a long way.

Love Mini xxx

I'm thinking if massage is so helpful that maybe it's time I started dating so I can get myself a man to massage me :D

Well now Shadow, if I were waiting for my man to massage me I think hell would freeze over!!!

He does not have the touch...he loves when I do him, especially his back and shoulders where he holds all his tension and I work out his knots...

I do it after a shower or bath on myself.

I also do dry brushing:)

On ocassion as a special treat I do go to professionals and I have a lovely wee girl that has magic hands and she knows her stuff, she does the most fantastic hot stone massage and spends two hours sending me to heaven and back.

I was talking to the Concierge of the G Hotel in Galway and they have a lovely new spa there where you can book a day of pampering, I got the brochure and nearly chocked on the price. But have to say this place is awesome have a wee look: http://www.theghotel.ie/g/

Love Mini xxx

Back