Birmingham lad 20st5lb Posting to say hello all

ryan21

Hi all new to forum and just wanted to say hello and if anybody has and tips i would love to hear from you.:help2:

Started monday 19th august:cool:
Weight 20st 5lb:sigh:
Want to get to 15st:D
Im 30yrs old and struggled with weight since i was 14:argh:

my main troubles is I love a beer of a weekend dont like sweet food im a savoury person mmmm:busted:

take care all

ryan

Hi ryan, welcome to this wonderful forum and well done for chosing S W ! Are you going to group and if so which plan or plans are you following? Sorry so many questions :)

Hi Ryan, welcome to SW and to Minimins!

Don't worry, there's no reason why you can't have your beer whilst on SW. This is a healthy lifestyle change, and nothing is "banned" - that's why we have Syns, to allow us treats. I like a drink too (don't all 21 year olds!) and go out most weekends. I've managed to lose over 2 stone, so it just goes to show it can be done!

If you have a look in the recipes subforum, you'll find loads of ideas for yummy savoury dishes! The SW magazine is awesome for new recipes and stuff too!

Good luck with your SW journey, you can do it.

Hi Ryan :D Im From Bham too ( origionally)

Thank you for chosing SW. Its just and Easy plan to follow. As its been mentioned, nothing is "banned" and we do get 5-15 Syns a day to use on little treats, and sauces etc.

Have a look around the "slimming world" forum, theres plenty of questions and answers floating round. Lots of recipies around too, both Syn free and some with Low syns.

Ive been doing slimming world for 2 weeks now, i lost 8lbs in my first week and 6lbs in the second week. Making that a stone in TWO weeks. All i did was eat healily and follow the plan. I didnt step into a Gym once.

Good luck

(ps- if you ever feel like you need a kick up the bum, join the "tough love" thread, lots of people to keep you on the straight and narrow :))

Hi HOLLYS NAN :) i am doing it thru my friend at the moment he gave me a load of books etc to follow etc he lost 5st on it so he has gave me the idea and told me how it works. So what i am doing is going to join this monday on the online slimmers world as the meetings in my local area clash with my shift patterns he has given me the 7 day diet to follow so i am on that till monday then when i join i will choose one for me. I am reading thru seeing which one suits me. x

Hi PRINCESS_STEVIE Thank you for the post i feel better now. Its just so hard as i love my social life too much as i work 5 -6 days a week and id rather have a few beers and a laugh at weekends which is the main problem to my weight gain. Thank you for the links ill have a read thru them thank you xx

Hi Ryan ( me again) if your a shift worker i think the EE plan may be the best as youre not ristricted to what you can eat- you can still have potatoes, veg, salads, pasta, rices etc.
is there anything you need help with at all?

HI DANADEE23 Thank you for your reply yes i have read the EE plan i am channeling more towards that one to be honest. Thanks for the links ill be studying them but it is so unbelievable what you can eat its brilliant thank you for all your advise

Hi HOLLYS NAN :) i am doing it thru my friend at the moment he gave me a load of books etc to follow etc he lost 5st on it so he has gave me the idea and told me how it works. So what i am doing is going to join this monday on the online slimmers world as the meetings in my local area clash with my shift patterns he has given me the 7 day diet to follow so i am on that till monday then when i join i will choose one for me. I am reading thru seeing which one suits me. x

Hi PRINCESS_STEVIE Thank you for the post i feel better now. Its just so hard as i love my social life too much as i work 5 -6 days a week and id rather have a few beers and a laugh at weekends which is the main problem to my weight gain. Thank you for the links ill have a read thru them thank you xx

Hi Ryan, well done you for taking the first step! Slimming World is a great plan, and the good news is that you guys usually lose weight really well on it. - Nothing is banned, so you are always in control.
I wish you well with your weight loss goals and if you need any help, just shout.
Tina

Hi Ryan,

Congrats on starting SW! My hubby joined and lost over a stone in 3 weeks, so it can be done, and he started at a similar weight to you too.
he also works shifts and has been doing extra easy and always seems to be stuffing his face lol :p
i think that you will enjoy it, he says he's never hungry and doesn't feel like he is on a diet at all.

I wish you loads of luck, although you don't need it because you'll love it :) x

H Ryan, well done firstly for taking the leap and deciding to try slimming world, minimums is such a fabulous place full of kind inspirational people willing to help anyone on their journey! I completely agree about the enjoying a drink, I love a glass of wine and followed the plan wilst in my last year at uni and I managed to lose 4 stone Just by making sensible choices and enjoying my syns :) looking forward to hearing more about your journey!

Welcome Ryan, you'll get loads of support, tips and advice on here. Good luck with your journey, sw is a great plan, enjoy :)

You will love slimming world its brilliant! This forum is amazing for recipes and food ideas also, good luck with your weightloss and let us know how you get on xx

Hey Ryan,

I'm a bit of a n00b to Slimming World as well and, like you, I do like my savoury foods (crisps being the main thing!). That said, I lost 8.5lbs in my first week and still managed to have the odd packet scattered over the week - just a case of moderation, I suppose.

Slimming World is great for me, because it helps my massive appetite!

Hi Ryan.
Welcome to SW and this forum, If you stick to the plan it will work and as others have said, you can save your syns for a drink (or two!).
Try to plan your meals there are hundreds of recipes on this forum, just use the "search" option.
It gets easier when you have been on it for a few weeks and the awards you will gain give you an incentive to continue!
Good Luck.
Pete

Hi Ryan, well done you for taking the first step! Slimming World is a great plan, and the good news is that you guys usually lose weight really well on it. - Nothing is banned, so you are always in control.
I wish you well with your weight loss goals and if you need any help, just shout.
Tina
Thank you Tina I really appreciate that x

Tina

Hi Ryan.
Welcome to SW and this forum, If you stick to the plan it will work and as others have said, you can save your syns for a drink (or two!).
Try to plan your meals there are hundreds of recipes on this forum, just use the "search" option.
It gets easier when you have been on it for a few weeks and the awards you will gain give you an incentive to continue!
Good Luck.
Pete

Thanks Pete mate

Back