bit of a shocker!

jools1986

Silver Member
Just getting ready to restart atkins and I unexpectedly found out I am pregnant :S I know induction wont be suitable but are there any stages of atkins suitable for pregnancy? Thanks for any help xx

Ahh congrats. XxX

As for your question i can't help you sorry.

My babies are 11 and 13 now, there's no way hose i'd go back to the baby days! :D (like my sleep!)

Congratulations! and as Leanne says - check with the Doc first. :)

Awww, that's brilliant news! So happy for you, you lucky thing! :) XXX

Thank you everyone so much for the congratulations, I can honestly say I haven't had congratulations from any friends of family :( OH is far from happy and our relationship is very new so this could be interesting. It is nice to see messages making this feel like good news and not the end of the world xxxxx

Thinking about it ( i'm no doctor mind, so you'd better check) but they always say eat a varied diet and so the doc may say hold off on the Atkins thingy.
Mind you , u never know!

congratulations ...x

its never the end of the world .......... things happen for a reason ...... you still at uni ? congrats ....... xx

now that is lovely news!

i personally can't see why atkins should be bad for baby, all those veg's and lots of body building protein, what could be better?

heres to a comy pregnancy and a happy healthy baby!

congrats

Hi jools. Congratulations that is amazing news:D i think that its often a bit of a surprise but still wonderful:)
Unfortunately atkins is specifically not recommended in pregnancy because no one has done any studies. However, i imagine that ensuring you dont have any sugar and minimise the extra bread and carbs would be a good thing. I wish i had known that in pregnancy! Then again for the first three months i lived on hot cross buns as that was all i could bear to eat - and lost 3kg:eek:

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Xxx

Congratulations!

Exante ~ Wk 1: -5.2lbs / Wk 2: -0.4lbs {oops} (Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins))

Congratulations. A baby is always a good thing. :)

I personally wouldn't follow any diet while pregnant and would imagine the baby would need all kinds of nutrients. See your doctor though. Plus there will be all those cravings lol.

Last edited:
Back