Blackberry Messenger

smirnoff

Overweight or undertall?!
Hey

If anyone wants to buddy up to get through another long weekend with words of encouragement to stop eat other blowing the diet, my pin code is 23233B6C

There must be SOME Blackberry users, not everyone can have an iphone :rolleyes:

It's good to talk! (or these days text lol) :)

31 views and no replies, guess nobody wants to be my friend :cry:

smirnoff said:
31 views and no replies, guess nobody wants to be my friend :cry:

I would but I'm afraid I'm in the iPhone clan!!

Live profile? What is Live profile?

Sort of off at a tangent here.... I have an iphone that I am thinking of parting company with and have debated a blackberry, but as all my family etc are devoted to iphones I don't get an honest opinion. What is the BB battery life like? Have you got any apps on the BB and are they easy to install and use? Can I still put my itunes music on a BB? I am fed up of my iphone and am thinking either a colourful BB or the HTC wildfire.

Worried I might miss my WW tracker thing on my iphone.

x

I love my BB... battery life is fine. I charge mine up every night mind you but its maybe about 50% at that time. BB doesnt have the same range of apps as iphones but it has a good variety and personally I like my phone as a phone and not for games etc. I have things like FB etc on it and there are a number of weight loss apps around

You can put music on it too, no problem :)

I love my BB and Id never even consider getting an iphone or anything else now

Ok, thanks. I have downloaded liveprofile to my iphone, don't get me wrong the iphone is great, and i do have games on it but my son plays them - not me! I use my phone for calling, texting, emailing, calender (must sync with google!), calculator and such, more of a mini organiser than a game device. I do like music in my pocket too!

I just getting a bit bored of the iphone and being a girly girl i'd like a pink phone!

x

i love my bb torch. i don't need the silly games to play like my oh does!

battery life is certainly better than the iphone and i love the fact that my emails come through straightaway wherever i am and i can delete all the rubbish ones (most of them lol) before i switch my pc on

i don't store music on mine apart from a few tracks to use as ringtones as i have an ipod touch for music and apps that i need but you can put up to a 32gb card in the bb torch to store all your bits and bobs

i used to have a bb bold before the torch which possibly had a slightly longer battery life but i love the torch more!

So generally BB are good? What is the texting like? Does it put messages into conversation threads? And have predictive texting? Be helpful if I knew some one with one so I could have a fiddle!

my bb torch has conversation threads and it has a qwerty keyboard which i think is much faster so i don't need predictive text but if i keep my bb torch shut (it is a slider) then predictive text works fine!

go into a phone shop and ask to play around with one and see if you like it. i think the iphones are for teens, the bb's are for adults (oh heck i'm gonna get shouted at now ha ha!)

i keep checking the weight watchers website as they are bringing out an official bb app but it hasn't arrived just yet

oohh an official BB app = well that might sway my decision!

I will only be able to get an entry level curve 8250 as i'm skint now! I got the iphone when the 3gs first came out on contract but thats ended now and I feel its time to get something new. As I am not working half as many hours so really can't afford another contract so went back to payg last month, so its gotta be payg phone.

Sorry hijacked this thread but its been really useful to me! And I have installed the liveprofile wotsit so if you want a im buddy smirnoff I think i'm all hooked up!

x

oh well in that case, guess I best act my age and stop trying to cut it with the cool kids!!!

x

Live Profile

Hi, I have installed Live Profile and my pin is LPLKAFL6 if any iphone or other phone users want to chat!!

Never used it before so bear with me lol x

Hi
i just added you on BBM im *rigs*
glad someone will be in my pocket for support lol xx
i was thinking this would be good if there was a BBM pin in the IM section of the profile. We should see how many we get and have group chats.
P.S group chats is something you cant do on iphone BB all the way xxx

Hi
i just added you on BBM im *rigs*
glad someone will be in my pocket for support lol xx
i was thinking this would be good if there was a BBM pin in the IM section of the profile. We should see how many we get and have group chats.
P.S group chats is something you cant do on iphone BB all the way xxx

You can add your BB pin a part of your profile now :)

And you get the BB icon under your profile (see under my avatar)

I would like to note that canvasing for members to join groups away from MiniMins is not allowed. Threads that start talking about BBM groups or Facebook groups or any other kind of groups will be removed :)

Pierce

Back