Total Solution Blakesmum weight loss for wedding

blakesmum

Hi all
well ive been lurking since monday and having read so many supportive and inspirational posts i thought i might start my own to keep me motivated when the going gets tough!

so a little about myself i guess would only be fair having read so much about you lovely ladies...and gents!

I dont think ive ever been happy with my body...which as a statement makes me sad. i remember in my teens being a size 12 and i still dont think i was happy then. the years have gone by and ive gradually crept up the scales. events have come and gone which ive said il lose weight for and it never happened. it was just so easy to forget it by stuffing something else in my mouth!

six months ago i had my beautiful baby boy! he is my absolute world! it was tough going at the beginning - we had some spells in hospital with him which was very stressful - i barely noticed it at the time but the weight just fell off me. i had absolutely no appetite and yet was continuing to breast feed as much as i could. now that hes out of the woods health wise i guess i have just relaxed back into my old ways. eating when im not really hungry, any excuse for a takeaway.

so my reason for finally wanting to be done with all the guilt and feeling happy when i look in the mirror is that im getting married...in eleven weeks! it has been a hastily put together affair as my sister is returning from australia where she currently lives and not knowing when wel see her again has finally made me...us! decide to get on with it!

so here i am - at 14st 4lb initially embarking on hopefully my journey to being in a happy place! with my weight that it! my boy makes me insanely happy!

i bought my dress yesterday and although it is extremely flattering i would love to be a couple of stones lighter in it and not feel that i look like im overflowing out of it!

having weighed myself this morning i have gone from the above weight to 13st 10.75lb in 4 days so i feel commited now and feel that this should keep me spurred on.

i look forward to reading everyones diaries for encouragement!

xxx

Hi and welcome!!

I'm on day 4 as well today (or did I read that wrong?) Congrats on the wedding! How exciting!

How have you been finding the diet so far? x

Yep day four for me today! Am finding it surprisingly ok! No doubt that comment will come back to bite me on the bum! Have been trying to stay really busy and away from home and the temptation of cupboard raising. We were that busy yesterday I only managed two meals! Just cooked and puréed a load of food for my boy and didn't even want any!
How's it going for you?

I'm glad you're finding it ok so far! How are you finding it today?

You need to have all 3 of your packs every single day even if you don't want them. I carry my bar in my bag with me whenever I leave the house. That way you're never caught short. Also a water bottle.

I'm finding it a bit easier today but I've been out and about all day and got a good 6 hours of walking done! x

Hey hon! Wow six hours! Impressive! Not too bad today! Had a go at making a latte with the vanilla shake and coffee which was ok- not a huge fan of coffee tho bit will be nice now and again for a bit of a change! Had a raspberry tesco bar for lunch, wow I love those things! And having my first tomato soup tonight. Been out for a walk round the village with the boy as its been nice.
The other half had a cone of chips and it smelt so flipping good! But I resisted! I feel like a saint now!
How are you doing around people eating food?

Thanks! I'm paying for it now. I need to stretch my legs, they feel really really tight. Or maybe that's my legs shrinking? haha. I haven't tried that. I had my vanilla shake mixed with coffee but iced and I thought it was delicious. I'm a coffee lover though. I want to try the raspberry bar! I heard it has a yogurt coating on it?

:drool: mmm a cone of chips! Haha I bet you do! It doesn't bother me because the people I've been around aren't eating food that I would normally eat. They've been eating meat and I'm a vegetarian so it hasn't been that bad! What about you?

well the other half seems to be cooking things that just make me almost cry! how can toasting bread smell so flipping good!

today has been my first bad day! went out for the morning and took a raspberyy bar with me - yep they have a lovely yoghurt coating...lush! had my bar at about 11ish then spent the day unexpectedly at my parents. As it was nice weather we had a go at putting the marquee thing up in preparation for our wedding garden party. i dont know if it was the combination of the heat, exertion or lack of water but i felt terrible. The fact that a pole fell on my head didnt help! i didnt have anything with me to eat so by 4pm was feeling really nasty. ended up having a couple of slices of ham. my body felt better but wow the guilt!!! so finally managed to get home and had a soup with zero noodles in it. shake for tea.
Hoping for a better day tomorrow!

I'm sorry you had such a bad day! I hope your day is going much better today. What day are you on again? Ouch that sounds painful! I have my shake for breakfast then have my bar as a midday meal that way I can bring it with me anywhere I go incase I unexpectedly have to go anywhere. Don't feel bad about it! Just stay away from the toast lol. Can we have zero noodles?

Back