Blended Food

haylou123

Question....

I know you can have soups on slimming world, and they lovely!

But how come this isnt synned, but then blended fruit is??

Can someone explain this to me???

Also blending pulses such as chickpeas is this free??

Just made a soup with loadsa veg in, passata, tomatos and pulses and wanted to double double check this was free??

This question is asked regularly. Fruit when blended is synned because you are breaking down the fibre in it, and reducing its volume, and as a result could quite easily eat a large amount. Fruit is high in sugar, and if you eat loads of blended fruit its going to hinder weight loss. Also, most fruit is designed to be eaten raw, whereas vegetables are generally designed to be eaten cooked.

awww ok thank you very much!!!

it still baffles me when you think about it.

if i was to eat a veggy soup every night tho, as i have made a massive batch would this cause a gain at all? im on EE xx

if i was to eat a veggy soup every night tho, as i have made a massive batch would this cause a gain at all? im on EE xx

No. It would probably help your weight loss immensely as a superfree soup. Vegetable have far less calories/sugar than fruit.

added in pulses and baked beans tho to bulk it up!! will keep you posted :) xx
back at uni, and thinking what can i cook and freeze.... SOUP IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Remember also that if you make soup, you usually add loads of water as well as the veggies, making for a very low cal lunch/dinner.

But mainly I think it's because if you blended a box of strawberries and a box of raspberries, for example, you'd get a small smoothie that you could drink really quickly and wouldn't fill you up. But you're unlikely to sit down and eat two boxes of soft fruit in one go - or if you do, you'll feel lovely and full after.

And on the question of pulses like chickpeas, blending only becomes as issue if you are using them to make substitute snack foods eg roasted chickpeas instead of peanuts, or as a substititute for flour in cakes and muffins. In these circumstances SW recommend you syn them at the red day rate.

i used chickpeas, kidney beans and baked beans in my soup mixture? only cause they can bulk it up? i just blend it all together???

i have blended chickpeas before to make hummous?? xx

Thats really bizare about the fruit being blended becoming a syn! thank god i never got the blender i wanted this week to make them! :) xx

i wouldnt have 8 oranges!! i would have about an apple an orange and strawberries which i have every morning anyway wouldnt add milk!!

It was an example lol - to demonstrate the difference in eating it whole and eating it blended. It is a lot less filling if you have it blended.

i see what you mean but myself think it beats the concept of how i thought it was bizarre they turn to syns if you blend them i obviously never read your comment right! would enjoy a smoothie cause they taste good with a mixture of different fruits together would hit my sweet tooth! mmm could do with one just now haha

Back