I did it once, I can do it again!!

GuyByTheSea

I did it once, I can do it again.

I joined Slimming World in Jan 2019 after my wife joined. Being honest I had no real interest in losing weight at the time although I knew I needed to. The one reason I went was to support my wife. She would try to explain to me how it all worked and when we were out shopping I would always be asking her what was ok for her to have and what the syn values were etc. After a couple of weeks of going to group (on a Saturday morning) I started to feel better in myself. Mentally, physically and having more energy. So we carried on and really saw great results. We even won slimming couple of the year for our area. In the summer of that year I was almost late for my sister in laws wedding as when i put my suit on, (which I hadn't worn in months I should have thought to try it on) it was way too big for me and I had to rush out and buy a new suit that morning.

Now we are in the early autumn. And to be honest the group hasn't been the same for a month or so. It started to feel like our consultant was only really interested in either the new starts or her farvourts. So we started to pull away from going to group and at the same time we were in the middle of buying our dream home and there were a couple of issues. (Don't worry we got it) and the weight started to creep back on. We didn't notice at first, and kept trying to justify back choice with the fact we were under a lot of stress etc. We moved into our new house in the end of September and in October we didn't get back to slimming at all. Now in November it's our 5 year wedding anniversary and a week after that my birthday, so we plan a trip away to celebrate both and as you can imagine we didn't hold back on the food and drinks. December rolls in and of course, work do's, family get togethers and christmas/new years day. We draw a line and say new year back to it no excuses.

New year is here - 2020. We start well but it quickly fades away. We start and stop a few times then the big one drops.... LOCKDOWN!!!! We both work for the same company and were told that we would be off for 2 to 3 weeks. So we thought sod it free holiday. We had takeaways and drank too much most nights. But as week 6 turned to week 9 to week 11. Things got out of hand. O was back to work first as they wanted to start a new plan we had before lockdown. Now trying to manage a new shift pattern, having 2 kids (one 2 and one 5) at home for 11 weeks solid. Lets just say it was stressful. Lol.

On a brighter note, we are both back to work and have been for some weeks, my daughter (5 years old) started primary one and is loving it, my son (2 but turning 3 very soon) is glad to be back to nursery and some normality has arrived.

We have decided to put our foot down and get on with this once and for all. For us, our kids and a better life in general. We have drawn a line and are now moving forward.

I hope to keep this updated and will be doing a daily food diary (started today) and a weekly weigh in ( on Wednesdays).

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and best of luck to you all.

Welcome GuyByTheSea 👋

Congratulations on your new dream home 🏡 and I hope you and your family will have many happy years there.

Moving home is stressful even when everything goes right😊

You did very well on SW before and you will again...I was reading your food diary and it looks like you are back into the swing of it now.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow👍

Welcome GuyByTheSea 👋

Congratulations on your new dream home 🏡 and I hope you and your family will have many happy years there.

Moving home is stressful even when everything goes right😊

You did very well on SW before and you will again...I was reading your food diary and it looks like you are back into the swing of it now.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow👍
Thank you very much.

This is my first week back at it 100%. Just trying to stay in my Syns this week and get back to grips with it all. Doesnt help I was working the night shift at the weekend. Lol.

Thanks for tomorrow. I normaly weigh about 8am to 9am but will update as soon as I do.

Back