Blood Pressure Is Down

blitz

Silver Member
Ive been for my first check up at the doctors since starting CD 5 wesks ago. My blood pressure has come down considerably. Its the 1st time in 4 years that Ive had a normal reading at the doctors, sadly not enough to change my medication but in time it may. It will also help me stop panicing when I go which in turn will help with better readings in the future.
So it shakes, soup and water all the way, to me its a better incentive to continue, because this was high on my list for starting this diet.:D :D :D :D :D

Great news...and a FAB incentive to keep on keepin' on !

good luck....

Debz
xx

Excellent news.

I am hoping that my weight loss will bring my BP down when I next go as I am borderline for taking medication which is something I don't really want to do :(

That's brilliant. My hubby's BP is down too after being on the diet for 3 weeks. It make it all worthwhile doesn't it?

That's excellent news, how wonderful to see such positive proof of how good this diet is.

That is great news and you must feel great.:D :D :D

I will tell you a little story. I hadn't been to the Doctors for a while. I went last year at the weight of 16 st 8lbs and was considering sorting my life out thats why I wanted to go. I knew I was over weight but didn't even think I could be unhealthy apart from being over weight. I discovered that I had really high blood pressure :eek: which really scared me. I was weighed and sent off to eat healthy. The usual C*** eat fruit and veg and be more active. I then found the Cambridge and started the journey to success.
I went to the Doctors 12 weeks later and had my weigh in and The Doctor said can you please get back on the scales as I thinks I have read your weight wrong or the scales are playing up. I knew he hadn't as I had the cambridge diet behind me. He then sat down on he's chair and said are you Bla Bla Bla I said yes. He's reply was what have you been doing to lose that weight. I mentioned the Cambridge and after a check over my blood pressure was normal. What a proud feeling this was. This Doctor also wasn't in to so called VLCD diets, but now signs any medical forms that I send he's way.:D :D :D :D

Thanks all. It is a great incentive and who knows soon I may be able to ditch the tablets which I hate taking. I wrote a list before I started this diet of why I wanted to loose weight and the blood pressure was at the top before looking better!!

NIck thats brilliant news for you and isnt it great when doctors can learn a thing or two. I bet you were smug when you left the surgery.:D

Smug oh yeah.

Yes, you will I am sure ditch those tablets soon and do great on this diet.
Stick that list on the kitchen cupboard or somewhere you will bump in to it and look at it everytime you have a BAD craving.
It will be worth it in the end.

Nick:)

hi Blitz
when i started this diet i was on medication for my blood pressure & had been for about 4 or 5 years, having been told if i lost weight it would prob come down.
well i lost about 1 1/2 stone & it made no difference, so me being pig headed said oh well sod the diet.
skip forward to Nov last year & i went on CD, by the end of Jan i had lost over 3 1/2 stone & needed more medication & as i had changed GP practice had to see my new GP to get more tabs. He asked why i thought my BP was down, to which i replies " well having lost about 4 stone might have something to do with it !"
he was well impressed & asked how i had done it, then asked me to monitor my BP 4 a week & phone him, which i did & i'm thrilled to say I AM NOW MEDICATION FREE
xx:)

The doctor had to take my blood pressure 5 times as the reading was low at 100/80 (same as a sports athlete!)

that's fantastic news, what an incentive to keep going!

Amy

Hi

Good news about your bp! I have started to take a half tablet instead of the whole one because my BP is quite stable now - no real highs like I used to get. I use a home monitor from LLoyds for £10, makes you feel a bit more in control, espec if going to the docs raises your bp, as it does for me!
Keep up the good work, hon!

That's great news about your BP - it's amazing how quickly our health improves once we start losing weight!

Well done - keep going

Hi

Good news about your bp! I have started to take a half tablet instead of the whole one because my BP is quite stable now - no real highs like I used to get. I use a home monitor from LLoyds for £10, makes you feel a bit more in control, espec if going to the docs raises your bp, as it does for me!
Keep up the good work, hon!

Thanks I do have a monitor at home and the reading is always lower at home than when I go.

I once went to a friends for some shaitsu (alternative therapy) and they had a bp montior on loan, they took my blood pressure and because I wasnt expecting it it was reasonable for me at the time. They then said theyd take it again at the end of the treatment and when they did it had gone sky high!! Everyone elses that theyd done had dropped, thats how much I stress over it, so yesterdays reading was brilliant especially as i had to wait 45 mins for my appointment as the doc was running late.

What the doc said was that later on if it still shows a lot higher than at home they will put a 24hour monitor on me to get a truer reading, so Im keeping my fingers crossed that like many others I can ditch the tablets in the future.

Thanks to all for your good wishes.
xx

Same thing happened to me. I was on medication, my blood pressure was 280/140 - dangerously high. It is now normal, without medication. Thankyou Cambridge.
Ann x

:eek: OMG Ann that was really high and you are normal now WOW, thanks that is really reassuring:D

Back