Blood pressure

kezzyBee

Silver Member
Hello I'm thinking about coming back here, but not sure yet, I have high blood pressure and need to bring it down and obviously weight loss is the best way. I just wanted to know if this is the best diet for blood pressure or if healthy eating and calorie counting would be better? Has anybody on here suffered high blood pressure and managed to bring it down with this diet?

I know my doctor will just saying healthy eating and exercise is best, but if I am going to do any diet I really want to do this because I love it and think that if it will help the old blood pressure that I will stick with it this time.

Well there's tons of research...but no one actually agrees on how to get blood pressure down except by the actual weight loss.

Gary taubes and others quote studies that say you get a blood presuure reduction more than just weight related on low carb

My experiment of one confirmed mine dropped a bit fairly fast and then declined as i lost weight. Back to an ok bp now thank goodness:)
Good luck!

Thanks that is good to know... I will be doing clean and green as I have to avoid the salt in anything processed so I'm thinking atkins might be a good move!! :)

Back