Body magic awards?

lulubelz

Hi. I have a question about body magic...

Ok, so I know that body magic is basically exercise. That is pretty much all I have been told about it. My consultant isn't that good at explaining things, expecially to new people, and I have been going since the beginning of July.

Someone last night said they had been cycling a lot recently, and C said "Oh well done, I think you must be due a body magic award soon!" ????????

You get awards for body magic? How do you get them, and that happens? How do you know when you have got them?

Thanks. :)

Oooh good question I wanna know too, it was briefly mentioned at my last meeting but never got the chance to ask. I'll be back at the gym tonight so wouldn't mind getting something to recognise my effort in getting off my botty!

These are the rules on Body Magic:

To achieve your bronze Body Magic award, you’ll need to record 45 minutes of activity each week (over at least 3 days) maintained for 4 weeks. Every activity that you enjoy for 5 minutes or more counts.

To achieve your silver Body Magic award, you’ll need to record 90 minutes of activity each week (over at least 3 days) maintained for 4 weeks. Every activity that you enjoy for 15 minutes or more counts.

To achieve your gold Body Magic award, you’ll need to record 150 minutes of activity each week (over at least 5 days) maintained for 8 weeks. Every activity that you enjoy for 15 minutes or more counts.

You can also go for a 'platinum' award which is 2 consecutive gold awards

Good luck!
xxxxx

Ah ha...brilliant!! Thank you very much. I am going to start cycling 10 miles each way to work, and back again in a few weeks, when I sell my car :cry: but this will be great for body magic! Will be about 1.5-2 hours a day! yay. That will deff help with the old weight loss I guess. lol. :D

Well explained CP! Also, to achieve your silver it must be done straight after your bronze and gold straight after silver.

If you lapse then you must start again!

There's no need to log anything, it relies on honesty really - you just tell your consultant you are doing it and then get the award.

I did find it motivated me to shift my butt!!

that was going to be my next question...whether or not you need to log it. If I were to start cycling (which would be enough for the gold) I assume that obviously Ill get my bronze after 4 weeks, but do I need to INCREASE the activity to get silver, even if Im already doing enough? (Does that make sense?!)

Not at our class, I was doing enough for silver so I got both bronze and silver awards last night. Now for Gold!

I'm already doing 4 hrs of activity a week (2hrs martial arts and 2 hours gym) , that'd be 2.5 hours by my calculations. I don't go to class but does that mean I can pop a gold straight on?

It's supposed to be split into 5x 30 min sessions, but if you're doing that much why not? Do you do something most days?

Martial arts on Mon and Thurs, gym on Wed and Sat. I used to be in the gym almost every day but it was too much for my poor old joints lol. Woo hoo, I get a gold in something!

These are the rules on Body Magic:

To achieve your gold Body Magic award, you’ll need to record 150 minutes of activity each week (over at least 5 days) maintained for 8 weeks. Every activity that you enjoy for 15 minutes or more counts.
You can also go for a 'platinum' award which is 2 consecutive gold awards

🏋🏿‍♀️🤸‍♂️🏊‍♀️🚵‍♂️🏇🧗‍♀️🏌️‍♀️:character00116::whacky068:
Good luck!
xxxxx
Question. I do Nordic Walking 5 days a week. Does that tick all the boxes for Gokd/Platinum bidy magic
You can choose any type of exercise you like.:classic_smile:

Back