break up advice

Well done Lumpy! That must have been difficult but you did it and that, I would say, was the hard part. Go to the footy tonight and enjoy it - with any food you want to have too!

x

Have been following your post and am so glad you kicked this guy out of your life. Good luck for the future. You sound like a lovely girl with a steady head and bags of ambition. Hope you find mr right to join you on lifes journey. Someone who will appreciate your love and will make you feel like the most important person in his life xxx

Have been following your post and am so glad you kicked this guy out of your life. Good luck for the future. You sound like a lovely girl with a steady head and bags of ambition. Hope you find mr right to join you on lifes journey. Someone who will appreciate your love and will make you feel like the most important person in his life xxx

aw thank you very much. im feeling a bit vulnerable this morning so thats nice to read :) mixed bag of emotions really but mainly relief that its over and i can focus on things going forward especially my lovely Up day today! x

Well done for getting it sorted quickly & cleanly. I think you might be pleasantly surprised how people/friends view your separation...I believe you will get loads of support. Hugs to you, it will feel strange for a while to be single again....however revel in the fact that you can be totally selfish for a change & totally self indulge..yeah.....onwards & upwards..you'll be fine..

Well done for getting it sorted quickly & cleanly. I think you might be pleasantly surprised how people/friends view your separation...I believe you will get loads of support. Hugs to you, it will feel strange for a while to be single again....however revel in the fact that you can be totally selfish for a change & totally self indulge..yeah.....onwards & upwards..you'll be fine..

i hope you're right there jilly, im not the sort of person who lets others opinions get to me but what gets my back up is that ive seen this happen to others and its surprising where peoples true colours come through after a separation, not necessarily between the couple, but from those around them so i hope i dont have to deal with silly gossips! it does feel strange already, feeling quite numb today but it'll all take time :) like you say onwards and upwards! x

Lumpy you will miss him. There will likely be moments when you feel lonely, wonder what you have done and think you will never meet anyone else. But as time passes so will those feelings. I suggest keep yourself busy, make sure you see your friends loads and maybe treat yourself to a new haircut or outfit. All of this will make you feel better and I promise you after some time (a month or two) you will look back on it all like a bad dream.

Last September I came home to find my partner stood in the doorway telling me he had moved out! I didn't see it coming and was utterly gutted. There's a whole story behind it (won't bore you) but will just add that I met a new man in January, we began dating in March and I have never been so happy. I could never have imagined that less than 12 months after the ex I would be so happy in a relationship but I am! It's that new door opening and making sure the old one is firmly slammed shut!

So hang in there lovely. x

Lumpy you will miss him. There will likely be moments when you feel lonely, wonder what you have done and think you will never meet anyone else. But as time passes so will those feelings. I suggest keep yourself busy, make sure you see your friends loads and maybe treat yourself to a new haircut or outfit. All of this will make you feel better and I promise you after some time (a month or two) you will look back on it all like a bad dream.

Last September I came home to find my partner stood in the doorway telling me he had moved out! I didn't see it coming and was utterly gutted. There's a whole story behind it (won't bore you) but will just add that I met a new man in January, we began dating in March and I have never been so happy. I could never have imagined that less than 12 months after the ex I would be so happy in a relationship but I am! It's that new door opening and making sure the old one is firmly slammed shut!

omg what an evil bleep! u poor thing! thanks for the post, i think time is the greatest healer, like you say keep busy and distracted. my focus now will be more exercise and toning ready for the party season :) xx

Headache said:

A similar thing happened to me in September! I got home from work to find that my husband of just 9 months had moved out! He proceeded to tell me he wasn't coming back by text! We haven't spoken since - apart from through the solicitors!

And while it was horrific at the time looking back he did me a favour as I know it would have happened sooner or later as I married him on the rebound from someone who I thought was my sole mate :-(

Atm I'm very happy to be on my own but I know that when I'm ready I'll meet the man of my dreams :) xx

yoga84 said:
A similar thing happened to me in September! I got home from work to find that my husband of just 9 months had moved out! He proceeded to tell me he wasn't coming back by text! We haven't spoken since - apart from through the solicitors!

And while it was horrific at the time looking back he did me a favour as I know it would have happened sooner or later as I married him on the rebound from someone who I thought was my sole mate :-(

Atm I'm very happy to be on my own but I know that when I'm ready I'll meet the man of my dreams :) xx

Ten years ago in March, my husband of 8 years (together 13 years) turned the TV off (so I knew it was serious! ;)) and announced that he'd never loved me, he wasn't happy and he was leaving.

Toughest thing I've ever been through.

But I did get through it; life is amazing now and I'm stronger, older and a teeny bit wiser :D

Men are such wimps!

P x

I think it is safe to say that not only do we lose weight from JUDDering we also lose a load of flabby, useless lard when we get rid of a rubbish relationship - I lost 22stone! :giggle:

I'll put a different spin on! Just so you have hope.

I was in a relationship with exactly the problems you mention
It ended up being violent and just horrendous I contemplated many nights about killing him with a pillow!!
Anyway I bit the bullet and told him and called on my amazing family to get me out!

I can honestly say if I hadn't done it I would not have the truly amazing life I have now!
For a while I had lost hope of ever meeting anyone and on the first night out where I had come to terms with that I met the love of my life who quite honestly blows me away every day

I have a fabulous job and the man of my dreams

Do it! It will change the course of your life for the better!
Xxx

aw bless you girls, sounds like you've really been through the mill with relationships but as halfangel said, you are all really strong women. just shows, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, theres a reason we go through crappy points in life, even if they're not so nice :grouphugg:

lumpyandbumpy said:
aw bless you girls, sounds like you've really been through the mill with relationships but as halfangel said, you are all really strong women. just shows, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, theres a reason we go through crappy points in life, even if they're not so nice :grouphugg:

Here here :) We are amazing women and we deserve amazing men :-D xx

He Sounds like a normal man lol. And Atleast he calls u when he's out my boyfriend doesn't even speak to me when he's out drinking with his friends x

Back