breakfast and lunch ideas for manual work

Mandlegrot

Gold Member
hi everyone, I got a new job recently as a landscape gardener, and I'm super excited to start. However, I'm struggling for food ideas after doing a job for 5 years where I live in someones house so have access to a full kitchen all day and can eat what/when I want.

I'm vegan also, just to confuse things!

I usually eat a bowl of fruit or a veggie fry up for breakfast
and a dinner style lunch, as in cooked food - stir fry, chilli, fried rice, jacket spud etc.

I need ideas that are super quick for breakfast, like can i make it in 2 mins on the way out of the door or preferably take it in a lunch box and eat on the tube to work, as I'm not a fan of eating soon after waking up.
lunch is a bit easier, but I'm still struggling to come up with ideas that are high in all the protein and energy I'll need at work, but whilst being able to be eaten without any heating.

Reason for breakfast needing to be portable is that I am a nocturnal type, and I'm going to have to leave for work at 6.15am which is mad early (or late really) for me. I get a bit queasy if I eat too soon after waking up, and i'm not going to be getting up before 6am really (no need to)

Any ideas most welcome!! even veggie/meat ones so i can get ideas

You could make breakfast 'muffins' actually it's just mini SW quiches. Eggs, cottage cheese/quark and whatever fillings you like. Then divide the mixture in a muffin tray and bake until set.

Can make a batch and then store in the fridge. Eat hot or cold.

Vegan rice pudding with made the night before or overnight if you have a slow cooker.
Swiss Bircher- vegan yogurt, any fruit that you like , heb oats.
Fry's do a vegan bacon which you can make a sandwich with.
Pitta and houmous ( homemade, low syn)

If others come to mind I will come back to you

HOw about soup in a flask or porridge for your breakfast. I have a food flask and bring porridge all the time with a chopped banana. Homemade houmous and carrot sticks...erm can't think of anything else veganny!

I've been thinking about this, you could cook in advance like a nut roast or a bean meatloaf type thing and take slices of that with salad or soup. Or maybe get some sushi rice and make sushi with veg and seaweed. I've tried this before and cucumber, avocado and peppers were lovely.

Let us know what you try!

Back