Breath!!!!

Ellebirdy

:cry:Oh my god!! my hubby just said I have very smelly breath (this is not normal), is this a sign of ketosis? just cleaned my teeth but still jukky.....do I need to drink more water? Had 6 pints already today....Please help.
x

Yeah its normal!! I am sooo paraniod about it but just one of the cons of the diet! And we cant even have chewing gum!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Ha!x

I am horrified lol he wont even kiss me now :( lol.
It was fine yesterday hopefully it will get better.x

There were times my OH just recoiled in horror but it seems much better now. I'm not as paranoid and just keep some listerine strips on hand and a pack of listerine in the cupboard to swig every so often.

Its the one time bad breath is a good thing. It means you are in ketosis and you are burning away all those fat stores!!

Hi go on ebay and get some listerine strips they work brilliantly especially pre kiss ;}

Wicked tips guys thanks will get some tomorrow. x

Elliebirdy (hello neighbour) you won't be able to get the strips tomorrow as they are really hard to find - ebay! Listerine mouthwash is your next immediate option and drink more water.

Last Sunday I was in a clothes shop with my lad and he smelt a funny smell, we moved to another part of the store and he said.. 'oh it must be on this side of the store!' ... 'oh Mum I think it's you - let me check your shoes'. Lifted up my shoes, nope. Him..'omg Mum its your breath'. I could have died, he just smelt it hanging around me in the store! This is the first time it has happened and I'm on week 6 now.

I can only think that at weekends I tend to drink less water because of a different routine... sank a few litres that night I can tell you!

Someone posted a while back about the different smelly breath types!! Apparently ketosis makes your breath smell sweet and not unpleasant (someone likened it to pear drops). The bad smell is stomach acid because your stomach is not digesting anything and so you the acid is sitting there and causing the smell to rise up. It should go when your body gets used to the new routine.

I've noticed I don't have the horrible taste in my mouth and my tongue doesn't look as rank as it did at the beginning!!

Elliebirdy (hello neighbour) you won't be able to get the strips tomorrow as they are really hard to find - ebay! Listerine mouthwash is your next immediate option and drink more water.

Last Sunday I was in a clothes shop with my lad and he smelt a funny smell, we moved to another part of the store and he said.. 'oh it must be on this side of the store!' ... 'oh Mum I think it's you - let me check your shoes'. Lifted up my shoes, nope. Him..'omg Mum its your breath'. I could have died, he just smelt it hanging around me in the store! This is the first time it has happened and I'm on week 6 now.

I can only think that at weekends I tend to drink less water because of a different routine... sank a few litres that night I can tell you!
Hiya, I was at work when I had the most rank taste in my mouth and my breath could have felled a horse at 100 paces it was so gross, my tongue was thick with yellow fur yuk and double yuk! glad i am not the only one. I tend to feel so embarressed with it and my manky tongue but there is no way I am giving up I lost a stone this week and already feel so much better than i did before I started.
x
:D

Someone posted a while back about the different smelly breath types!! Apparently ketosis makes your breath smell sweet and not unpleasant (someone likened it to pear drops). The bad smell is stomach acid because your stomach is not digesting anything and so you the acid is sitting there and causing the smell to rise up. It should go when your body gets used to the new routine.

I've noticed I don't have the horrible taste in my mouth and my tongue doesn't look as rank as it did at the beginning!!
Hiya, I was told ketosis makes your breath smell of pears too (my hubby is diabetic and was told by a nurse at work) so I was wondering why I had the most rank smell imaginable coming from my mouth. Thank you for your post it goes along way to helping me understand what is going on with my bod! :D..
x

I carry a small tube of toothpaste I look strange spreading it on my tongue but it helps my confidence tho I am going to try e-bay for the listerene strips!!

Thankfully my other half hasnt passed comment yet, but the taste in my mouth is awful.

I've been off work for the past few days so when i go back today i'll have myhandbag loaded with minty freshness.

I know we cant use chewing gum but I am going to try the toothpaste idea.
x
Week 1: Lost 14 Lbs( Woohoo A whole stone!!!)
Week 2: Looking for another stone!

Its supposed to just be the original too, or so i was told. But the listerine breath strips are a total god send.

Where did you get the listerene strips from? I have checked Tesco, Asda and local pharmamcy but no-one seems to have them!!! I keep a tube of toothpaste in my handbag at eth moment to swill my mouth out with!!!

EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just bought a tongue scraper from tesco....made a big difference, my mouth feels much better and tastes better too!
Can fully recomend giving it a go.
x

Back