Burning off more cals than were taking in?

Piella!!!

Good or bad?
Im on SS (8th week)
been picking up the exersise this week.
Been burning about 700-800 cals through running and areobics etcs but then I burn approx another 700 while at work every night (work in a busy bar so lots of carrying crates upstairs,running around,and bopping my thang generally)....This can only be good right?
Thanks.xxx

Eh, in a word no, because your body uses around 1000 calories just performing basic body functions, i.e heart beating, breathing etc....in other words, you'd still burn 1000 calories (or there abouts) if you lay in your bed all day!

If your also burning 800+ calories during exercise, but only taking in 450ish....you need to be careful you still leave yourself some to live on! You need to strike a balance, maybe you should add a meal?

Im amazed your not passing out doing all of that on SS! I get light headed after a long walk never mind all of that!

Cat Bee x

Oh..........Ok..........I'll tone it done abit then......
Would it put my body in starve mode or anything? I mean...what would actually happen!?
Im bouncing with energy-just cant explain it!! I think its cos Im really happy in myself.....who knows!

I get like this, I came off cd for a week as I couldn't excersie the way I wanted (and didn;t want to risk making myself ill) now I do gentle toning excerises and run only 2 times a week, at a slower pace. Don;t go mad, put it into housework or something lol

The fact you have plenty energy is brilliant, I get bursts of that too, my CDC puts it down to ketosis having that effect on some people....as for whether your body will go into starvation mode, Im not sure, that may well be what happens and Im sure someone who knows about so called 'starvation mode' will answer that part!

Just be careful with your exercise, you really dont want to over do it and end up ill.

Cat Bee x

Well ketosis or fat burning is great for energy, but for long endurance stuff it is a no no, your performance will be poor (been there done that) BUT, if you stick to the exercise your body will get used to using the fat as the primary source of energy and performance will improve according to theory...

Just that on sole source, you might find you run out of steam eventually, if not just keep to low intensity cardio...or a small amount of weight training...as long as you aren't planning to train for a marathon you should be okay. You're on week eight so I don't see any serious probs...I did the gym and used to run whilst doing another sole source programme (lighterlife)

Yes, as well as burning the fat, the exercise helps to tone...weight or resistance training certainly does...

my CDC and i agreed that i could take 4 packs on heavy days, i.e. a run, gym or a proper swim days... so days when you actually work out as oppose to just active days...

This was to give my body sufficient fuel to burn and avoid starvation mode... my losses had slowed a little in weeks 4/5 as my milage went up so we thought it was worth a try...

maybe you need to discuss this with your CDC...

I'm not sure what this starvation mode is...if you're dieting and that means any diet (whether it be low cal, very low cal or even atkins), your body automatically wants to conserve any energy and try not to lose the weight...

Well ketosis or fat burning is great for energy, but for long endurance stuff it is a no no, your performance will be poor (been there done that) BUT, if you stick to the exercise your body will get used to using the fat as the primary source of energy and performance will improve according to theory...

Just that on sole source, you might find you run out of steam eventually, if not just keep to low intensity cardio...or a small amount of weight training...as long as you aren't planning to train for a marathon you should be okay. You're on week eight so I don't see any serious probs...I did the gym and used to run whilst doing another sole source programme (lighterlife)

Great advice.

You are getting your extra energy (calories) from your fat stores. Providing you have enough fat stores this is fine, what BMI are you? Fat stores are just excess energy laid down as a reserve in times when we have no food.

Also its good to have choc milk after exercise to help repair ripped muscles. So choc tetra after a workout is a good idea.

Back