BUTTERNUT SQUASH

Judy

Hi girls i bought one of these yesterday to try iv never had one in my life lol
what do i do with it?:confused:

I cut them in half and then bake them for around 25 minutes at 180 degrees with some fry light on them. I sometimes stuff the "hole" with risotto which is nice and they are absolutely lovely!! Make sure you buy them whole as they are a lot fresher than when they cut them in half for you!! (also a lot cheaper!)

Mike

Mmmm - scrumdiddlyumptious! I love BNS.

There's quite a bit you can do with them (I mainly steamed them or made the soup) - but roasting them (with an alternative to the double cream) sounds interesting. Here's a link.

Veg Box Recipes • Butternut Squash

Snap Mike!! ;)

lol I have added BNS to my Tesco list now!! Going to make a BNS soup me thinks for my lunch......

grrrr i mad at myself for not liking BNS lol!!! its such a versatile veg aswell so you're never stuck for ideas on what to do with one :)

It's a mild taste ... almost 'creamy'. Makes lovely soup.

BNS definitely does not taste like parsnip!
I had some last night for my tea (just roasted in the oven) and it was delicious. I has a slightly sweet taste with a firmness that reminds me of soft potates (if that makes sense!)

The veg that does remind me of parsnip, is celeriac, again really lovely veg and syn free on both, but has a distinct flavour.

hi i used to mash mine with a little cauliflower to make a lamb/beef cottage pie when i was following a no grain food plan.really nice and filling.I think the taste is like a creamy swede,not a parsnip but not as watery. :rolleyes:

Back