Calling target early?

corsacar

Hi all,
I need some advice really. I am 1pm off getting my 5st award which is fantastic and I am very happy with my weight loss, but I am struggling immensely now with losing any weight. My eating has not changed and I have another stone and a half before I get to my dream weight.
But I have just started a new job and it's taking some adjusting to, I would be happy staying at this weight, although know at some point will want to lose the last stone and a half. Currently I am 5ft 9 and weight 13 and a half stone, making my bmi just 28ish! and my dream weight would be 12 st
My question is, do you know if it's possible to call target early to give myself a little break & take the pressure off for a while, and then start losing again and out the target down by 1/2 st each time? And what are your thoughts on the matter? I don't want to stop SW. It is the way f my life now but I am mega stressing all the time about not losing any weight and don't want to have so much pressure on me :/
Sorry this has been a bit of a rant

Gemma
Xx

I probably wouldn't call target right now. If you're going through a stressful time that can trigger all sorts of bad eating, which will lead to you possibly gaining weight again. Being at target doesn't mean you can eat what you like, it is hard work! It would be just as stressful to try to maintain as to lose, probably moreso. Staying on plan will keep you focussed, ok so you might lose a little slower, but it will keep you on the right track. Whether you're at target or not you'll still have to follow the plan unless you want to gain weight, the is no magic switch that changes that when you call target. You've said that SW is a way of life now, so a new job shouldn't change that. Don't think about losing weight as a pressure, just take it easy, if you lose you lose, bonus, if you don't that's great too, it means it's not going back on!!

That's JMO though xxxx

We have a lady in our class who has done just that, she lost 5st then set target for a year (i think?), now she has decided that she wants to start losing again and has set a new target, she is doing really well:)

You can call target now and I would do this because then you don't have the added presure of losing weight but you can concentrate on maintaining.
Well done xx

To go from being at target to losing again is not easy.
I was at target for 2 1/2 years before I slipped up and went over. It has been incredibly hard to start losing again because you get used to maintenance.

Just my thoughts but I wouldn't advise it.

I wouldn't call target early.

You may be stressed at work at the moment, but things will ease off & get better.

Buy not calling target, you will benefit from still going to class & eating healthy SW friendly foods. If you call target early is it your plan to stop going to class? If so you may put back on what you have lost if you don' have the support of class.

And you did say you want to lose more weight in the future, so personally I don't think you'll be happy calling target now.

Thankyou for replying guys! Calling target isn't an excuse to eat what I want I know that, that's not the point of me posting this at all. And my head is still in the right place but I just can't handle the pressure at the moment - it's mainly pressure from myself though.

I think I will wait until Monday and speak to my consultant, but this seems like the way to go. I am so happy as I am now and I don't want to crack because of the pressure!
Xx

I don't think anyone was implying you were using it as an excuse to eat what you wanted, more that you will find it more difficult to switch back to "losing mode" when you are ready.
You soon get used to the extras - albeit B choices or treats.
It's up to you though. Good luck :)

I was thinking of doing this (sort of) myself. I think I set my first target too low for me to realistically achieve without much sacrifice!

So I'm going to re-target so that I'm only 6.5 lbs away, then reduce it in 1/2 stone increments.

Personally, I think you need to have a long hard look at where you are right now and decide if you will be happy there. I previously went to WW and set my goal weight ridiculously low. I reached a point where I was pretty happy with my size, but I kept pushing myself to get to my goal. I think it ended up being just three pounds I had to lose, but it was so hard and took me forever to lose it. I ended up being very strict with myself and lost the weight, getting to my target. But all that happened was because I was so strict with myself, I then just stuffed my face with anything and everything and put every single pound back on (and here I am now!). I know completely what you mean about the pressure. Personally, I think it would do you some good to take a break. Maybe just over Christmas or a couple of months. But do set yourself that deadline rather than just lingering on.

Heya hunny.

You have to do what feels right for you. I`ve just called target a few pounds sooner, but i`ll see how i get on after a few weeks and i may try again to shift those last few, but i aren`t going to bust a gut to do it as i`m happy with the weight i am now.

If a lot is going on for you right now, then maybe just carry on the SW way but with out the pressure, still keep an eye on what you`re doing though as you don`t want to be gaining any of those hard lost pounds .... But then once you`ve settled in your job and xmas is out of the way, you can jump back into the mindset and crack on with loosing any extra :)

Back