Calorie counting/healthy eating onto slimming world

thelifeofpieface

Gold Member
Hi lovely people :)
I'm just wondering if anybody has moved from calorie counting/healthy eating into slimming world?
I've done slimming world before and lost a good amount of weight on it, I just had to change as I couldn't afford it!
I guess I'm just worried that if I'm eating more food (even though it's healthier) that I'll put ON weight.. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :) xx

There will be a huge difference in the calorie content of slimming world friendly food and other stuff. If you're worried, you could check your calorie intake every now and then, while you still follow SW plan, just to reassure yourself that it's not going to be too high. The difference between eating, say, a big baked potato with salad, tuna, fat-free yog/extra light mayo (around 450 cals) and maybe half of a 9" pizza (more or less same cals) is the fact that after the potato, you will be stuffed and won't feel as if you need to snack on bad stuff before the next meal.

There will be a huge difference in the calorie content of slimming world friendly food and other stuff. If you're worried, you could check your calorie intake every now and then, while you still follow SW plan, just to reassure yourself that it's not going to be too high. The difference between eating, say, a big baked potato with salad, tuna, fat-free yog/extra light mayo (around 450 cals) and maybe half of a 9" pizza (more or less same cals) is the fact that after the potato, you will be stuffed and won't feel as if you need to snack on bad stuff before the next meal.
Thanks for the advice :)
I'm gonna have a good think about it . In fact I may just carry on calorie counting but using the slimming world guidelines, hopefully that will help to fill me up with "good" foods :)
Xxx

No probs, yeah the most important thing is finding the diet that suits you best. Good luck :) xx

Hi lovely people :)
I'm just wondering if anybody has moved from calorie counting/healthy eating into slimming world?
I've done slimming world before and lost a good amount of weight on it, I just had to change as I couldn't afford it!
I guess I'm just worried that if I'm eating more food (even though it's healthier) that I'll put ON weight.. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :) xx

Slimming World is still a calorie controlled diet even if we don't count calories. The only way to lose weight is to take in fewer calories than we expend, so if we were not doing that then Slimming World wouldn't work. Its just based on satiation, the foods that are free are those which fill us up for longer relative to their calorie content. That combined with the superfree requirement means we naturally limit the number of calories we consume without having to count everything that passes our lips :)

Slimming World is still a calorie controlled diet even if we don't count calories. The only way to lose weight is to take in fewer calories than we expend, so if we were not doing that then Slimming World wouldn't work. Its just based on satiation, the foods that are free are those which fill us up for longer relative to their calorie content. That combined with the superfree requirement means we naturally limit the number of calories we consume without having to count everything that passes our lips :)
Thanks pp :)
Xx

Just thought I'd give an update on this. As well as doing SW and counting syns, for the last week I've been putting my food diary in to My fitness pal to make sure I'm still on low calories and check that all the other stuff like salt, sugar, fats are at the right level. Keeping within my syns and having enough free / super free to satisfy and the right number of hex's each day, I am usually between 1200 and 1500 cals before exercise is put in.

Back