Calorie counting rocks!

Wish

Silver Member
I am 3 months into my new way of living, I have lost 35 lbs in that time! I can honestly say its been easy, no faffing with red & greens, no syns, just common sense & exercise, its changing my life and I love it!!

To all of you on here who are also my pals on MFP, thank you xx

Well done! And yeah, it's so simple! And actually works! And you're not paying for someone to tell you what to do cos you can easily figure it out yourself! I am so glad to have chosen to try this randomly. It's made such a big difference to my life :)

As an ex SWer I feel exactly the same - although your AMAZING losses put mine to shame!!!

Congratulations.. that's a great loss and you must have dropped loads of dress sizes just in time for Xmas :)

Well done! :D I've only been doing MFP properly for about 5 weeks now and i've lost more weight in that time then I ever did faffing about with points. I love how MFP is fitting in with my life and I never thought i'd say it but even I am beginning to enjoy exercising. So glad it's working out for you Wish, you should be very proud :D

Well done! :D xxx

I agree CC is so straight forward yet amazingly I hadn't done it before! Your weight loss is really good. x

Hi everyone on this thread :)

As u can see by - my yet to be updated - profile - I have been doing Slimming World, tho not for sev weeks now.

Well and truely fed up with myself. I did enjoy SW and there is a lot to eat - just that I take its "eat till ur satisfied and never be hungry" ethos a bit too far - and I eat way too much. Know its upto me to stop that - but I just cant lol. Im always aware im eating far more than I need to but have trouble restraining myself.

Been giving CC serious thought again - its always been the best way for me to lose weight in the past.

I have a few concerns though, firstly i've worked it out on-line and I need about 1200-1300 cals a day which doesnt sound very much and secondly, although im sick of weekly group meetings with slim clubs am still anxious but going it alone - but suppose Im not alone if I come on here am I:).

Plus side - I did love the freedom of eating what I chose whilst CC - not whatever is Free on ExtraEasy, Red, Green etc and I wont have to count syns!

Am bit confused at mo as ive done years of SW not CC - so im set in that mindframe. I know CC is simple, but right now working meals out seems a bit daunting - just have to change my mindframe - things like eating more veg/salad (I aint great at that, though I do like em) with meals. Drinking water. Exercising - I love Zumba.

Any advice would be great - and if I can help anyone back, even better :).

Thanks for this thread - given me thought and encouragement - good luck everyone :):):)

I thought it would be hard sticking to 1260 calories (what I am on now), but I'm not struggling yet! Give your calories a go, but if you can't manage on them, just aim to lose half a pound less or so a week so that even though you'll lose a bit slower, you are more likely to stick to them and not go off track cos you won't be feeling so deprived if you get me.

Thanks Bostik for the advice - it obviously works for you at what you've lost. Am gonna start it tomorrow (after eating everything in the house haha) and try 1300 cals - see how i go - coz if i am starving and rly struggling i'll give in.

Will let you know how I get on - have a good weekend - oh do you have a set weigh in day Bostik?

Good luck :) Yeah, I weigh in every Friday. Do what works for you though. I know that weekends are usually the time that I might end up going a bit over so chose Friday to weigh in so that I have the rest of the week to make up for any extras I've had on the weekend :)

You could always try running a few of your SW menus through MFP see how they come out. I think I've seen on various SW threads where members have cheated and calculated the calories just to see how many they were eating and they didn't come out much more than their MFP calorie allowance.

Come and join us on the monthly challenge thread as well just to keep you on track with your weigh-ins.

Thanks for your replies girls :)

I can at mo have 1280 cals, is going ok so far. Sunday I undercalculated but its early days and Im so used to SW so I suppose thats gonna happen.

I will join the Monthly Challenge for next month - thanks for the advice on that one :)

Im also going to have my weigh in on Fridays Bostik - however wont be at home this Friday, so gonna do Thursday morn this week - will mean it is 5 days n not 7 since I started CC but hopefull will be a loss - esp with it being first week.

Gotta really get stuck into it - got an All Day Festival a week on Saturday, lots of alcohol involved - am gunna have diet coke to reduce calorie intake and also coz theres no way I can drink from midday till 3ish the next morn!!!!

Planning a walk to an appointment tomorrow - should take bout 45 mins but just hoping it doesent chuck it down.

Thanks to you all - everyone is so friendly on this site - its fab :):):):):)

Woohoo well done!
I am Lisasparkle87 on MFP if anyone wants to add i cld do with the support x

Back