Cambridge Again

Nelliduff

Getting there slowly ...
Over the past four years, since I first found Lighter Life and then Cambridge, I have lost a tremendous amount of weight – however I haven’t halved my size or anything like the great transformations you see on Minis.

Basically, I lost a chunk, and put about 80% of it back on. I then lost the chunk again – then I put 60% back on. Third time round, I kept most of it off (only 20% back on this time – boy am I getting good) and I am now in the process of dealing with that.

What is my problem? Stress – mostly work related – and I have to say I love my job – however while under normal circumstances my weight is right up there in the front of my mind – when stress kicks in, it goes straight to the back and eating (and drinking wine) take over.

I had been thinking that I could just spend forever carrying on yo-yoing like this – after all I had the clothes for all sizes – and I have even found that while it’s not always easy to get back into ss’ing, once I am in the right frame of mind it is simple – no headaches or tiredness like in the beginning – however … I am just not happy being big.

So …. last weekend I filled bags with everything that was too big – and got them to the charity shop on Monday morning before the devil on my shoulder had me push them back into the loft.

Now I am looking at ways with dealing with stress and I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been there, done it, got the T shirt (in four different sizes).

Nelli

Nelli,

I am the same although only second time on CD! ;) I have previously done, WW, SW, Atkins and CC. Something is different with me this time though, I want it, I mean really want it and not because I want to be thin and I think it will help me get a man (like last time I did CD) or the time before when I though it would make me more confident. I want it for me and not because anyone else thought I should lose weight or try and slim down but because I really want to be healthy and happy. I don't for a second think being slim, well ok healthy weight, will MAKE me happy. I just think the pure act of getting there and staying there will be a battle won and something to celebrate, hopefully by not stuffing my face with cakes and chocolate. This frame of mind seems to have changed how I am dealing with everything, it now doesnt matter when I get there as long as I keep going in the right direction, hence it doesnt matter if I have a bad day/week as long as I remember where I am trying to get and the fact that I do want to get there someday...you wouldnt try and run a marathon with out a few practice runs first would you?

Just remember my saying below and if all else fails stick naked pictures of yourself around the house ;)

Good luck - not that I think you will need it, if you want something enough go out there and grab it with both hands, dont think about falling flat on your face because victory is sweet and worth every second of pain! ;)

Welcome back and good luck. I'm sure you'll keep it off this time.

Nelli,

I am the same although only second time on CD! ;) I have previously done, WW, SW, Atkins and CC. Something is different with me this time though, I want it, I mean really want it and not because I want to be thin and I think it will help me get a man (like last time I did CD) or the time before when I though it would make me more confident. I want it for me and not because anyone else thought I should lose weight or try and slim down but because I really want to be healthy and happy. I don't for a second think being slim, well ok healthy weight, will MAKE me happy. I just think the pure act of getting there and staying there will be a battle won and something to celebrate, hopefully by not stuffing my face with cakes and chocolate. This frame of mind seems to have changed how I am dealing with everything, it now doesnt matter when I get there as long as I keep going in the right direction, hence it doesnt matter if I have a bad day/week as long as I remember where I am trying to get and the fact that I do want to get there someday...you wouldnt try and run a marathon with out a few practice runs first would you?

Just remember my saying below and if all else fails stick naked pictures of yourself around the house ;)

Good luck - not that I think you will need it, if you want something enough go out there and grab it with both hands, dont think about falling flat on your face because victory is sweet and worth every second of pain! ;)

Well said Megan, those are truly words of wisdom. Yes I also want to be healthier and live longer (for my kids at least). I also want to know I could actually be this weight problem and come to grips with my food addiction. If I think about it, I don't have that much to lose, I just always seem to let life take over and slowly go back to those nasty habits (biscuits and WINE). But I will beat it, I'm not giving up just yet

Hi Megan, I am laughing at naked pictures of me on the fridge - that would be sure to stop me eating - but it would stop everyone else too :)

I also want to do this for myself - to prove I can is one reason, and because I feel so much better, both about myself and healthwise when I am lighter.

Have been thinking about trying to find a Zumba class in my area, and maybe a yoga one too.

Have you tried either of these?

I would love to try a Zumba class, just havent got around to it! It is meant to be an amazing work out! ;)

You are not alone, am back again, I managed to maintain for 2 years then begining of this year it all went pear shape, I just couldn't stop eating and I developed a good taste for red wine...:( It's been a disaster, I've gained two stones between jan and now but am back with a vengence and am going to loss it, we can do this chick!!! All the best to us and everyone else on this journey... x

enlightenme2

I think we are maybe round about the same place in this diet - how much do you want to lose?

I have 40ish pounds to lose, I'm taking it baby steps by baby steps right now, I'm still obsessing about food, I 'm hungry like mad - I just keep thinking tomorrow maybe I won't be so hungry.

I've joined a gym and I think that's what is sending me hungry messages, but I just can't let the flab set in completely! I get weighed next week, so I'm crossing my fingers for a real good loss... I do see a difference in my pants though, even if it's slight!

Good luck to you.

Back