Can anyone help me with nice low fat/low cal dinners for my dh please?

Scottishmum

Cambridge Consultant
He's turned into a bit of a pie! :rolleyes: At his request, he wants to go on a diet from tomorrow. I'm on the Cambridge diet (as I'm a bit of a pie too) so I don't really want to have to think too much about food, iykwim.

I'd really appreciate some of your favourite "diet" meal suggestions.

As a wee help;

He LOVES pasta, unfortately he also loves a full baguette of garlic bread with it!
He's not a great lover of salad, but he'll eat a wee tomato/red onion sald with low fat dressing.
Loves home made soup, but again he'll eat it with half a loaf.
Anyone seeing a pattern here?

He's a complete carb addict, he knows that himself and if he cuts out the bread and crisps he loses weight easily. I basically need suggestions that will be filling for him without him feeling as if he needs to add in the bread to fill him up.

I do give him quite big portions too, which I'm going to cut back on.

He does a very manual job, but from tomorrow he'll be having;

Cornflakes for breakfast.
4 Weetabix for lunch.
(This is his preferences not mine, he's did this before and the weight falls off him).

Sorry, this has turned into a novel, looking forward to your nice healthy dinner suggestions for him.

Thanks in advance.

filling healthy meal

hi there, a realy good heathy meal is
smoked haddok fish cakes with noodles:
boil some tatties and make into mash,no butter or marge just a little skimmed milk,ad some finely chopped spring onion and flake in smoked haddok as much as you like then make into fish cakes,dip into whisked eggs instead of bread crumbs and grill till brown on both sides.serve with some minute noodles and a poached egg on top. its very filling and very healthy.

hopes this helps.
big will

Hey there doll.. If you have a nosey round.. you can find the recipe thread on the slimming world section.. they're all very nice.. and i think would be low cals.. you could always check it out.. quorn is also a really good thing to use for low cal dishes.. ill go find the thread and post the link.. i use it all the time.. two ticks.. ill go look

x x

Brilliant thanks very much to both of you! Those fishcakes sound delish btw.

Off to browse that link now, thanks again. x

Back